Kansas City Chiefs Concept...

ColeJ

KChelmet.gif

KCuniforms.gif

the chiefs "classic" uniforms have been bothering me a little lately, because of their inconsistency. the helmets are 3 colors, and the uniforms are 3 colors... however, they aren't the same 3 colors. the helmets are red, black, and white, while the uniforms are red, yellow, and white... i decided to bring the entire color scheme together throughout the uniform. i also put black outlines between the yellow and white, because it always bugs me when those colors bleed together in uniforms.

and please... don't call these updates "lions like"... i didn't ADD black. the chiefs have had black for YEARS. i just used it more intelligently. :)

any and all comments or critiques are always welcome... however, i doubt i'll get too many, since it's not anything radical to comment about.

Well, you'll get at least one :D

I know that you didn't create the wordmark / helmet logo, but I think it looks kind of odd how the letters in the "KC" on the helmet share no resemblance to the letters in the "CHIEFS" under the collar. What do you think about either modernizing the "KC", or using some kind of italicized serifed font under the collar?

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Well, you'll get at least one :D

I know that you didn't create the wordmark / helmet logo, but I think it looks kind of odd how the letters in the "KC" on the helmet share no resemblance to the letters in the "CHIEFS" under the collar. What do you think about either modernizing the "KC", or using some kind of italicized serifed font under the collar?

definately an interesting idea... i'm not married to the wordmark on the jersey, so it would be the one to change, if anything changes... i'll work with it, and see if i can get something that works. if i can't find a slick enough match for it, i'll probably leave it the same. but i like that idea.

Good job Cole... I like the update, and I too wouldn't mind seeing the wordmark match the logo.

It was fun being on the field as the Broncos made the Cheifs defense its bitch... Good times, good times...

BTW, did the Stampede make ESPN at all? I heard that we were on TV when Rod Smith came up at the end of the game to bang on the drums.

Good job Cole... I like the update, and I too wouldn't mind seeing the wordmark match the logo.

It was fun being on the field as the Broncos made the Cheifs defense its bitch... Good times, good times...

BTW, did the Stampede make ESPN at all? I heard that we were on TV when Rod Smith came up at the end of the game to bang on the drums.

i didn't get a chance to see it if you were on tv... but i wish i'd stayed awake if you were.

i was laying on the couch and just dozed off, woke up just in time to see the second go-round of adult swim :)

Hey! I made the paper! (sorta) I'm the good lookin' dude to the left of the NFL sheild, in the background.

DB0913sixteen.jpg

Sorry to highjack your thread, Coley. To get it back on topic, I think you should maybe update the letters in the logo instead of trying to match the wordmark to the existing ones. The 3D effect has never really done it for me on their logo, and I think it would be awesome if they used a slightly more contemporary font there.

Hey! I made the paper! (sorta) I'm the good lookin' dude to the left of the NFL sheild, in the background.

DB0913sixteen.jpg

Sorry to highjack your thread, Coley. To get it back on topic, I think you should maybe update the letters in the logo instead of trying to match the wordmark to the existing ones. The 3D effect has never really done it for me on their logo, and I think it would be awesome if they used a slightly more contemporary font there.

see, i'm the opposite. i love the KC part of the chiefs logo. on one concept i've made for them, i had the KC alone as a secondary mark.

Great job of adding the black to the uniforms. Not much more you could have done with it without drastically changing them.

And to all those who mention the inconsistency of the lettering of the KC helmet logo to the Chiefs wordmark ? I can think of a few instances where this happens with other teams: Packers, Bears, Giants and Steelers.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

any and all comments or critiques are always welcome... however, i doubt i'll get too many, since it's not anything radical to comment about.

you'll get some...heck, i did a lions concept where the most i did was modify the lion, added an alternate jersey and logo, changed teh number font, made the helmet and pant stripes the same and cleaned up the sleeve striping (or shorthand, doing right where the Lions fluffed up). doesn't sound like much, does it? got around 10-15 replies outta that.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

And to all those who mention the inconsistency of the lettering of the KC helmet logo to the Chiefs wordmark ? I can think of a few instances where this happens with other teams: Packers, Bears, Giants and Steelers.

I see your point, but I couldn't care less if a team's helmet doesn't match it's "wordmark", unless the inconsistancies are on both the uniform and helmet. Out of your examples, I'd say that the Giants is the worst offender. I don't get having an old-school logo on the helmet, but the newer "Giants" on the jersey. I know that both are part of their official package, but it bothers me nonetheless (I say "bothers" in the loosest sense, because its not like I'm losing sleep over it.)

The packers and bears don't have team names on the jersey (unless I missed something new for this year), and the Steelers helmet matches the patch on the jersey, so IMO they're fine.

I guess to me it's kind of like how the Jazz now have "Jazz" in one style on their shorts, but in another style on their shirts. If there was a jazz concept out here I'd like to see that corrected too. The chiefs concept is nice either way, but since he's experimenting, I'd just like to see how it would look if things were matched up.

My $.02

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

this is rockin. i made a chiefs concept a long time ago in paint and i want to redo it. but i think the wordmark could be shrunk or even use just the KC unde the collar, or a little arrowhead?

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Like the changes. Would like to see a yellow facemask, though. That white one has always bugged me.

i actually felt the same way when i started the concept, but when i actually put a yellow facemask on the helmet, it did not look good to me at all.

not sure why, but it seemed to almost clash. i think it's because it just had too much yellow at that point. yellow is used only as a stripe color on the chiefs, so when i tried to play it up and make a yellow alternate, or use yellow facemasks... it stopped looking like the chiefs, and started looking like mcdonald's ads, or a hotdog stand.

realizing i didn't really comment on these with my other post, here we go: one of the now-rare instances IMO where black is welcomed, and maybe even needed.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived