1 hour ago, Victormrey said:

Incredible set for the M's 🔱 I think you nailed it!

The Pilots' sleeves keep that unique look from their beginnings, and the numbers match perfectly the style.

29 minutes ago, VampyrRabbit said:

One of the best things that Nintendo did when they bought the Mariners was change the team colours to navy and teal. That said, I do like the home and the alternate, though the original Seattle Script looks nicer than the one you've used.

Thank you both! @VampyrRabbit, I've corrected the M's road jersey to use the original 1977 Seattle wordmark. 

PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES (est. 1883)

HOME:
Phillies-Home.png

ROAD:

Phillies-Road-w-star.png

HOME/ROAD ALT:

Phillies-Alt.png

Notes:

- The Phils originally wore blue at home and a shade of dark red not terribly different from the maroon they’d begin wearing in the 1970s (and on their current throwbacks) on the road.
- As a nod to the team’s current uniform scripts, the period at the end of the “PHILA” wordmark is now a star.  

C&C appreciated. Some alternate takes and defunct teams are up next! 

• Like 5

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (Phillies 12/17)
6 hours ago, Coiler said:

Love how you've made the Phillies a lot more distinct than they've sometimes been in real life.

Thank you!

I'm back today with the start of the next leg of this project, which will feature a few alternate takes and defunct team identities. Just as the first leg started with the Angels, so will this one!

LOS ANGELES ANGELS (est. 1903)

HOME:

Angels-Home-PCL-no-pinstripes-w-haloed-A

ROAD:

Angels-Road-PCL-w-halo.png

HOME/ROAD ALT:

Angels-Alt-PCL-w-pinstripes.png

Notes:

- Even though I'm very happy with how my original Angels set turned out, I wanted to reach a bit further back in history and modernize the original Los Angeles Angels of the Pacific Coast League. 

- For visual reference, I scoured the Internet for photos of Angels player Zee-Nut cards, which were baseball cards sold with Zee-Nut snacks in the early 1900s. 

- Key differences from my original Halos set include pinstripes and the "LA" monogram, which was used by the PCL Angels for decades before getting co-opted by the Dodgers upon their move to Los Angeles in 1958. 

- The road jersey features a stacked wordmark, inspired by this look from 1909, while the alternate features inverted pinstripes based on this ensemble from 1917. 

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 7

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (Pacific Coast League Angels 12/19)

SAN DIEGO PADRES (est. 1936)

HOME:
Padres-Home-PCL.png

ROAD:
Padres-Road-PCL.png

HOME/ROAD ALT:
Padres-Alt-PCL-w-chest-S.png

Notes:

- The original Pacific Coast League Padres wore just black & white, which is unfortunately pretty bland for a team based out of San Diego. I therefore paired black with red, which became the team's primary color in 1939. The Friars have thrown back to those original 1936 unis on several occasions. 

- A new block "PADRES" wordmark is created to go with the "SAN DIEGO" one. 

- Interestingly, some of those early PCL Padres uniforms abbreviated the city name to just "S," which I used for both the cap logo and alternate. 

As always, C&C appreciated! 

• Like 4
  • Hurl 1

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (Pacific Coast League Padres 12/22)

I'm sorry my Padres concept made @Saturn lose his lunch. 😂

SIOUX CITY CORNHUSKERS (est. 1888)

HOME:

Sioux-City-Cornhuskers-Home-darker-green

ROAD:

Sioux-City-Cornhuskers-Road-darker-green

HOME/ROAD ALT:
Sioux-City-Cornhuskers-Road-Alt-w-Cornhu

Notes:

- A few teams in this series were suggested by @maxwasson in @MJD7’s MLB Multiverse thread. The Cornhuskers (1888-94) were the predecessor of the St. Paul Saints, who later became the Chicago White Sox. Understandably, Matt didn’t want to reach that far back in history for his project, but this inspired me to try my own hand at the Cornhuskers and a few others.
- I decided on a very Iowa cornfield-esque green & gold color scheme and worked up a new “SC” logo in the blackletter style of Chicago’s “Sox” monogram.
- A corn cob replaces the sock on the South Siders’ alternate logo.

C&C appreciated, and Merry Christmas!

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • WOAH 1

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (Sioux City Cornhuskers 12/25)
1 hour ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Love to  see the 'huskers with a gold brimmed cap, and with cream as the base colour instead of white.

How's this?

Sioux-City-Cornhuskers-Home-off-white.pn

18 hours ago, Victormrey said:

Astonishing jobs for Sioux City! You nailed the wordmarks and the monogram 💯 They look so professional!

I personally really like how the Padres turned out. Also, both Angels and Phillies set are really well done 👌🏻

Merry Christmas!

1 hour ago, Coiler said:

Merry (slightly belated) Christmas!

-Love the Angels and the shade of red you used.

-Padres look a little generic but I like black and red.

-Cornhuskers are-I like the graphics, but the green and yellow made me think "The A's moved to Sioux City?!?"

Thank you both!

PHILADELPHIA ATHLETICS (est. 1860)

HOME:

Philly-A-s-Home.png

ROAD:

Philly-A-s-Road.png

HOME/ROAD ALT:
Philly-A-s-Alt.png

Notes:

- In the early days of the National League, the Phillies were pre-dated by the Philadelphia Athletics (no relation to the AL team) who played from 1860-76.
- My goal here was to distill the A’s and Phillies’ looks into one, hence the scripts, cap logo and sleeve numbers (Phillies) and sock stripes, block numbers and athletic gold (A’s).
- The colors are taken from the Flag of Philadelphia.
- Here’s a closer look at the new “Athletics” wordmark in the style of the Phillies:

Phillies-wordmark-Athletics-style-croppe

I can tell you now the A's aren't the last Philadelphia team left in this series. 👀 C&C appreciated!

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Applause 1

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (NL Philadelphia A's 12/26)

GRAND RAPIDS RIPPERS (est. 1894)

HOME:

Vunl0iX.png

ROAD:
MYlFw1j.png

HOME ALT:
3qreNkO.png

ROAD ALT:
BraRGWR.png

Notes:

- Like the Cornhuskers, the Rippers were another team suggested in @MJD7's Multiverse thread. This one was the precursor to the modern-day Cleveland Guardians.
- The "Rippers" name presumably refers to the riptides for which Grand Rapids was known. 
- I decided to roll with a watery double blue color scheme, with new wordmarks in the style of the Guardians’ home script.

C&C appreciated!

• Like 7

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (Grand Rapids Rippers 12/28)
21 hours ago, coco1997 said:

GRAND RAPIDS RIPPERS (est. 1894)

HOME:

Vunl0iX.png

ROAD:
MYlFw1j.png

HOME ALT:
3qreNkO.png

ROAD ALT:
BraRGWR.png

Notes:

-Like the Cornhuskers, the Rippers were another team suggested in @MJD7's Multiverse thread. This one was the precursor to the modern-day Cleveland Guardians.
- The "Rippers" name presumably refers to the riptides for which Grand Rapids was known. 
- I decided to roll with a watery double blue color scheme, with new wordmarks in the style of the Guardians’ home script.

C&C appreciated!

Very cool, I wonder if we could get an alternate set with the "Rippers" font in the style of the Cleveland Indians

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

20 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Can't go wrong with navy and powder blue. Well, you can, but it's pretty hard.

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, maxwasson said:

Very cool, I wonder if we could get an alternate set with the "Rippers" font in the style of the Cleveland Indians

Which Indians style are you referring to specifically?

ST. LOUIS BROWN SOX (est. 1875)

HOME:

Brown-Sox-Home.png

ROAD:

Brown-Sox-Road.png

HOME/ROAD ALT:
Brown-Sox-Alt-w-monogram.png

Notes:

- The Brown Sox were suggested by @DCarp1231 in MDJ7’s Multiverse thread. This team was a forerunner to the present-day Cardinals and played at Sportsman’s Park, which the Cards also called home from 1920-66. 
- This design takes cues from both the Cardinals and St. Louis Browns’ uniforms, while the roundel comes from the St. Louis Brown Stockings, a team of vintage baseball recreationists. 
- The “SL” monogram is a modified version of the Cards' 1917 alternate logo, tweaked so that the bottom part of the “L” resembles a sock. 

C&C appreciated!

• Like 6

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (St. Louis Brown Sox 12/29)
53 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Thanks!

Which Indians style are you referring to specifically?

ST. LOUIS BROWN SOX (est. 1875)

HOME:

Brown-Sox-Home.png

ROAD:

Brown-Sox-Road.png

HOME/ROAD ALT:
Brown-Sox-Alt-w-monogram.png

Notes:

- The Brown Sox were suggested by @DCarp1231 in MDJ7’s Multiverse thread. This team was a forerunner to the present-day Cardinals and played at Sportsman’s Park, which the Cards also called home from 1920-66. 
- This design takes cues from both the Cardinals and St. Louis Browns’ uniforms, while the roundel comes from the St. Louis Brown Stockings, a team of vintage baseball recreationists. 
- The “SL” monogram is a modified version of the Cards' 1917 alternate logo, tweaked so that the bottom part of the “L” resembles a sock. 

C&C appreciated!

Namely the Cleveland Indians' most recent uniform style and scripts

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

On 12/29/2023 at 11:23 AM, maxwasson said:

Namely the Cleveland Indians' most recent uniform style and scripts

I can certainly try that once I've gotten through the rest of the teams in this series. 

On 12/29/2023 at 9:10 PM, Paul Lucas said:

Loving this whole series!!! Those colors look great on the Cubs. The Angels…wow! I’ve got an idea for your Phillies’ PHILA set, what about the Liberty Bell instead of a star?

Thank you! How's this?

Phillies-Road-w-bell.png

I think I prefer the star, but this was worth trying out!

MILWAUKEE BREWERS (est. 1902)

HOME:

Brewers-Home-AA-w-Old-English-M-single-o

ROAD:

Brewers-Road-AA.png

HOME/ROAD ALT:
Brewers-Alt-AA.png

Notes:

- The first iteration of the Milwaukee Brewers played in the American Association from 1902-52. From 1947 on, the team served as the AAA affiliate of the Boston Braves and wore navy & red uniforms resembling those of their parent club.
- I used the Old English “M” worn by the team in their early years while retaining the Brew Crew’s current beer barrel-shaped wordmarks and numbers.  
- Owgust, who was first introduced in the 1940s, replaces the Wisconsin state logo on the sleeves.

C&C appreciated as always!

• Like 5

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (American Association Brewers 12/30)
20 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

The Brew Crew looks great, kudos for using cream instead of white.  Wonder what the road would look like with the Power Tool style Milwaukee script.

Well, Milwaukee is Cream City, after all.

Funnily enough, I'd always thought the Milwaukee Electric Tool logo would look cool on a baseball jersey but never got around to actually testing it out until now:

Brewers-Road-AA-w-Electric-Tool-script.p

It looks surprisingly great!

CINCINNATI RED SOX (est. 1869)

HOME:

Red-Stockings-Home.png

ROAD:

Red-Stockings-Road.png

HOME ALT:

Red-Stockings-Home-Alt.png

ROAD ALT:
Red-Stockings-Road-Alt.png

Notes:

- Oddly enough, the present-day Reds got their start as the “Cincinnati Red Stockings” back in 1869. With that in mind, I took a stab at a Red Sox design in the style of the Reds by using Cincinnati’s current script & numbers style while replacing navy with black.   

C&C appreciated, and I hope everyone has a safe and happy New Year's Eve!

• Like 3
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (Cincinnati Red Sox 12/31)

Cincy looks good and I like the use of the current script and number style, which is a really nice one without the drop shadows that the Reds continue to use for some reason.

Are we going to get the OG Marlins?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

Cincy looks good and I like the use of the current script and number style, which is a really nice one without the drop shadows that the Reds continue to use for some reason.

Are we going to get the OG Marlins?

Are you referring to the Florida Marlins or the Miami Marlins of the International League? If it's the latter, I totally forgot about them, but I suppose they deserve to be included in this series, huh?

PHILADELPHIA QUAKERS (est. 1890)

HOME:

Quakers-Home-orange.png

ROAD:

Quakers-Road-orange.png

HOME/ROAD ALT:
Quakers-Alt-orange.png

Notes:

- The Quakers played for two seasons in the Players’ League and American Association before folding due to financial losses.
- The orange & black color scheme and script come from the short-lived NHL team of the same name. These colors were later repurposed by the Flyers.
- An Old English “Q” serves as the cap logo, mainly because I wanted an excuse to put the letter “Q” on a baseball uniform.
- The six-pointed star at the end of the “PHILA” wordmark is used by the American Friends Service Committee organization.

C&C appreciated, and Happy New Year! 🍾

• Like 2