40 minutes ago, Coiler said:

I'm a little surprised there haven't been more 1908 Red Sox throwbacks given how obvious and "logo-y" (one of the first of its kind!) the sock is.

And maybe it's just wanting variety, but I think some form of the sock would look good on the cap instead of the familiar B.

I agree. I think something like this would work well with their blue or red jerseys

• Like 1

ZUH86xc.png

I don't think the traditional Red Sox numbers work on the front, they are a bit too wide for anything with a placket and the road and home alt would look better without them. The home though is really cool and the home looks great.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Coiler said:

I'm a little surprised there haven't been more 1908 Red Sox throwbacks given how obvious and "logo-y" (one of the first of its kind!) the sock is.

And maybe it's just wanting variety, but I think some form of the sock would look good on the cap instead of the familiar B.

21 hours ago, johne9109 said:

I agree. I think something like this would work well with their blue or red jerseys

17 hours ago, VampyrRabbit said:

I don't think the traditional Red Sox numbers work on the front, they are a bit too wide for anything with a placket and the road and home alt would look better without them. The home though is really cool and the home looks great.

Thanks! Taking all your feedback into consideration, how's this?

ROAD:
Red-Sox-Road-w-red-cap-pullover.png

HOME ALT:
Red-Sox-Home-Alt-w-navy-cap.png

ROAD ALT:
Red-Sox-Road-Alt-w-navy-cap.png

@VampyrRabbit, I didn't want to drop the TV numbers altogether, so I converted the road and home alt into pullovers (a la the home and road alt) which allowed me to shift the numbers a bit more to the center of the jersey.

NEW YORK YANKEES (est. 1913) 

HOME:

Yankees-Home.png

ROAD:
Yankees-Road-w-gray-cap.png

Notes:

- Upon becoming the Yankees in 1913, New York switched from navy to black before reverting to navy in 1915.
- With no pinstripes, the home jersey now uses the same thick sleeve stripes as the road.
- The road jersey features a Tuscan style wordmark, which is just different enough from the one used by the Mets.
- I was on the fence about keeping the red sock stripes from 1912 (which a few Yankees rocked when the team threw back to that look in 2012) but I like the pop of color they add and the quirk of the color appearing nowhere else on the uniforms, a la the Dodgers’ TV numbers.

C&C appreciated!

• Like 7

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (Yankees 1/21)
On 1/21/2024 at 1:26 PM, Coiler said:

Nice work on the socks.

Yankees are tough because of how little they've changed their uniforms  since their creation, but I like the all black.

Thanks! Glad you like the socks.

WASHINGTON SENATORS (est. 1901)

HOME:
Senators-Home.png

ROAD:
Senators-Road.png

HOME/ROAD ALT:
Senators-Alt.png

Notes:

- The Twins' roots trace back to the original Washington Senators (1901-04). For most of their existence the Sens wore navy and red, a look the team retained when it moved to Minnesota in 1961. 
- I repurposed the Washington Stars' prototype logo, which actually looks pretty similar to the Senators' original jersey/cap logo with a star on top. 

- Following the approach of the Twins' new uniforms, the colors are segregated, with navy becoming the primary color and red being relegated to the sleeve and pant stripes, meant to evoke the D.C. flag.
- The sleeve patch is a silhouette of D.C. with a star marking the Capital, an idea both @MJD7 came up with at the exact same time for our own projects totally independent of one another. 😂

C&C appreciated! 

• Like 7

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (Senators 1/23)
21 hours ago, Victormrey said:

That Senators set is gorgeous! 🤩  Great work with the sleeve patch.

Thank you!

KANSAS CITY COWBOYS (est. 1894)

HOME:

Cowboys-Home.png

ROAD:

Cowboys-Road.png

HOME/ROAD ALT:
Cowboys-Alt.png

Notes:

- Another distant ancestor of the Twins, the Cowboys (also known as the "Blues") played in the Western League from 1895-1900 before becoming the Senators in 1901.

- Navy (with a leathery brown as the secondary color) pants are meant to evoke the denim jeans worn by cowboys. This design is basically the Twins meet the Royals by way of the Rangers.

- The home jersey features a "Cowboys" script and the road a stacked wordmark, both in the style of the Twins' new home and road wordmarks, respectively. 
- The pants and socks include a rope/lasso pattern (the same used on the Rangers' City Connect unis). 
- Much like my Senators concept, the home sleeve patch features a silhouette of Missouri with a star denoting Kansas City. 

C&C appreciated!

• Like 7

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (Kansas City Cowboys 1/25)
5 hours ago, coco1997 said:

Thank you!

KANSAS CITY COWBOYS (est. 1894)

HOME:

Cowboys-Home.png

ROAD:

Cowboys-Road.png

HOME/ROAD ALT:
Cowboys-Alt.png

Notes:

- Another distant ancestor of the Twins, the Cowboys (also known as the "Blues") played in the Western League from 1895-1900 before becoming the Senators in 1901.

- Navy (with a leathery brown as the secondary color) pants are meant to evoke denim-wearing cowboys. This design is basically the Twins meet the Royals by way of the Rangers.

- The home jersey features a "Cowboys" script and the road a stacked wordmark, both in the style of the Twins' new home and road wordmarks, respectively. 
- The pants and socks include a rope/lasso pattern (the same used on the Rangers' City Connect unis). 
- Much like my Senators concept, the home sleeve patch features a silhouette of Missouri with a star denoting Kansas City. 

C&C appreciated!

Well done! That Missouri sleeve patch reminds me a lot of the AFL's Dallas Texans helmet logo.

• Like 1

QNXVyki.png

On 1/25/2024 at 9:50 PM, maxwasson said:

Well done! That Missouri sleeve patch reminds me a lot of the AFL's Dallas Texans helmet logo.

Thanks!

COLUMBUS BUCKEYES (est. 1896)

HOME:

Buckeyes-Home-sleeveless-simple-piping.p

ROAD:

Buckeyes-Road-sleeveless-simple-piping.p

HOME ALT:

Buckeyes-Home-Alt-w-script.png

ROAD ALT:
Buckeyes-Road-Alt.png

Notes:

- The modern day Guardians originated as the minor league Columbus Buckeyes in 1896 before relocating to Grand Rapids in 1899 and finally to Cleveland in 1900. 

- The idea for the logo--an Old English "C" with a buckeye leaf set against it--came from the Columbus Buckeyes, a modern day team of baseball recreationists. 
- I'm not totally sold on this color scheme, but I figure it's the only one that makes sense given the name and inclusion of the leaf in the logo.

C&C appreciated! I've got just one more team left, but I'm open to suggestions for additions. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (Columbus Buckeyes 1/28)

WASHINGTON SENATORS (est. 1962)

HOME:

Senators-2-0-Home-w-navy-script.png

ROAD:

Senators-2-0-Road.png

HOME ALT:

Senators-2-0-Home-Alt.png

ROAD ALT:
Senators-2-0-Road-Alt.png

Notes:

- The second incarnation of the Washington Senators played from 1961-71 before becoming the Texas Rangers in 1972.

-  Inspired by the Rangers' current unis, double outlines are added across the board.

- The sleeves feature a tweaked version of the Nationals' Capitol Building logo, with the Senators' block "W" in place of the Nats' one.

- Side note: I had this concept ready to go before the Nats unveiled their horrendous new road jersey a few days ago. In hindsight, if the team was dead-set on replacing their classy "Washington" script with a block wordmark, the one used here probably would've been the way to go. 

C&C appreciated!  

• Like 8

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (Senators 2.0 1/30)

NEW YORK GOTHAMS (est. 1883)

HOME:

Gothams-Home-off-white.png

ROAD:

Gothams-Road.png

HOME ALT:

Gothams-Home-Alt-off-white.png

ROAD ALT:

Gothams-Road-Alt-black-on-black.png

Notes:

- The NL's original New York team began life as the Gothams in 1883 before rebranding as the Giants in 1885. 

- This identity is built around the branding the great Todd Radom designed for Gotham Baseball magazine. The colors are pretty close to those of the New York/San Francisco Giants, with a very deep, almost purplish shade of blue in place of black. Here, the script "G" is replaced with the Mets' "NY" monogram, and I added an "s" to the "Gotham" script. 

- Even though I tend to dislike color-on-same-color jerseys, something about the dark blue on blue look just seemed to work for the road alt (sort of a "Gotham nights" feel). 

- Fun fact: According to Todd himself, the real life Gothams were the first team to wear a logo of any kind on their uniforms. 

C&C appreciated as always! 

• Like 7

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (New York Gothams 2/4)
  • 3 weeks later...

SEATTLE PILOTS (1969)

HOME:
Pilots-Home.png

ROAD:
Pilots-Road.png

HOME/ROAD ALT:

Pilots-Alt.png

Notes:

- My latest Reverse Relocations concept inspired me to add the Pilots to this series, imagining what they'd look like today had they never skipped town for Milwaukee after just one season. 

- For the wordmarks, numbers and cap logo, I found that The Story So Near font nicely resembles a mix of the Pilots' home and road wordmarks. 

- The alternate makes use of the angular "Seattle" script from a prototype Pilots jersey, (mostly) recreated by the great Todd Radom

C&C appreciated! I actually have one more team planned, which I hope to have up in the next few days. 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (Seattle Pilots 2/23)
On 2/23/2024 at 4:46 PM, Victormrey said:

Fantastic work for Seattle! The whole set is wonderful, but I think the alt jersey really stands out 🤩 Solid work with the 3 wordmarks.

On 2/25/2024 at 11:06 AM, Coiler said:

It has that "Hip Seattle" look to it. Great job.

Thank you both!

HOUSTON COLTS (est. 1962)

HOME:
Colts-Home-darker-blue.png

ROAD:
Colts-Road-darker-blue.png

HOME ALT:
Colts-Home-Alt-darker-blue.png

ROAD ALT:
Colts-Road-Alt-darker-blue.png

Notes:

- It’s safe to say a team named after a firearm wouldn’t fly in today’s political climate, so the Colt .45’s become just the “Colts.”

- The Denver Broncos’ logo came in handy here, and it’s especially helpful that the basic shape of the horse logo is pretty similar to the gun design from those original Houston home jerseys.

And with that, I think I can finally say with no uncertainty that this series is finally finished. Thanks again for following along! 

• Like 6

• coco1997 changed the title to What If Every MLB Team Kept Its Original Look? (Houston Colts 2/26)
8 minutes ago, coco1997 said:

Thank you both!

HOUSTON COLTS (est. 1962)

HOME:
Colts-Home-darker-blue.png

ROAD:
Colts-Road-darker-blue.png

HOME ALT:
Colts-Home-Alt-darker-blue.png

ROAD ALT:
Colts-Road-Alt-darker-blue.png

Notes:

- It’s safe to say a team named after a firearm wouldn’t fly in today’s political climate, so “Colt .45’s” becomes just “Colts.”

- The Denver Broncos’ logo came in handy here, and it’s especially helpful that the basic shape of the horse logo is pretty similar to the gun design from those original Houston home jerseys.

And with that, I think I can finally say with no uncertainty that this series is finally finished. Thanks again for following along! 

Colts Country, let's ride!

• Like 2

QNXVyki.png