Pro Volleyball Federation Branding

LAWeaver

The Pro Volleyball Federation, a new womens volleyball league starting in January 2024, has unveiled logos for five of their seven inaugural teams. 

Atlanta Vibe:

Atlanta-Vibe.png

Columbus Fury:

columbus-fury.png

Grand Rapids Rise:

rise-grand-rapids.png

Omaha Supernovas:

Omaha-Supernovas.png

Orlando Valkyries:

Orlando-Valkyries.png

League Branding:

pvf_logos_digital_primary-dark-1024x1024.png

Additional teams will be placed in San Diego (brand unveiling Nov. 9) and Las Vegas (unveiling date TBA), with additional franchises/markets being added in 2025, including Dallas.

• Like 8

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

That Atlanta logo would be an excellent letter logo if not for the gradient and especially the obtrusive shadows. Faux-3D ruins that logo, just as it ruins every single other logo of which it is a part (another example being the annoying bevelling on the Grand Rapids team's wordmark).

I can't do anything about the gradient, but here's the obvious improvement that comes from removing the shadow.

Atlanta-Vibe-without-shadow.png

• Like 1

logo-diamonds-for-CC-no-photo-sig.png

9 minutes ago, MJWalker45 said:

Grand Rapids reminds me of Coachella Valley's logo that's pretty similar. Who did the work on these? 

coachella-valley-firebirds-seattle-krake

I immediately thought the same thing when I saw that logo. Not sure who created it though. There's definitely some similarities such as the shading around the eye, having five "feathers" on each wing, and maybe the highlight on the neck to an extent. It might be different enough to get away though.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

I was wondering where Madison, WI was in this, so I looked it up. Turns out they're in a different league, League One Volleyball, which is set to begin play in November 2024 and will have franchises in markets including... uh, Atlanta and Omaha. Ah jeez, this isn't gonna go well.

• Like 2
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

2 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

I was wondering where Madison, WI was in this, so I looked it up. Turns out they're in a different league, League One Volleyball, which is set to begin play in November 2024 and will have franchises in markets including... uh, Atlanta and Omaha. Ah jeez, this isn't gonna go well.

About as well as having 2 women’s pro hockey leagues went… 

• Like 1

Visit my store on REDBUBBLE

Is this a separate entity from the upcoming League One Volleyball (LOVB)?

EDIT: I should've read the previous posts first

10 hours ago, Sodboy13 said:

Hotter Than July > Thriller

• 1 month later...
On 11/2/2023 at 2:39 PM, LAWeaver said:

The Pro Volleyball Federation, a new womens volleyball league starting in January 2024, has unveiled logos for five of their seven inaugural teams. 

Atlanta Vibe:

Atlanta-Vibe.png

Columbus Fury:

columbus-fury.png

Grand Rapids Rise:

rise-grand-rapids.png

Omaha Supernovas:

Omaha-Supernovas.png

Orlando Valkyries:

Orlando-Valkyries.png

League Branding:

pvf_logos_digital_primary-dark-1024x1024.png

Additional teams will be placed in San Diego (brand unveiling Nov. 9) and Las Vegas (unveiling date TBA), with additional franchises/markets being added in 2025, including Dallas.

Who makes them? He urgently needs to be given a bonus! I love!

4 hours ago, MJWalker45 said:

I like the designs. I'm guessing each team will probably have both options available, but will they all have to wear one design, like Arsenal used to do with long and short sleeve shirts? 

Wasn't having both long and short sleeve shirt options the norm in soccer until fairly recently?

As far as this league goes, I wonder if they will have a short sleeve jersey option? In women's/girls volleyball teams usually have long sleeve, short sleeve or sleeveless jerseys.

2 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Wasn't having both long and short sleeve shirt options the norm in soccer until fairly recently?

As far as this league goes, I wonder if they will have a short sleeve jersey option? In women's/girls volleyball teams usually have long sleeve, short sleeve or sleeveless jerseys.

Arsenal used to have a rule that the team captain decided if they wore short sleeve or long sleeve jerseys. They got rid of that rule a few years back. Now anyone can go with whatever they like. 

• Like 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

On 12/21/2023 at 11:35 AM, MJWalker45 said:

I like the designs. I'm guessing each team will probably have both options available, but will they all have to wear one design, like Arsenal used to do with long and short sleeve shirts? 

Not necessarily. Heck, on Nebraska, some of the players wear pants instead of shorts.

• Like 1
On 1/25/2013 at 1:53 PM, 'Atom said:

For all the bird de lis haters I think the bird de lis isnt supposed to be a pelican and a fleur de lis I think its just a fleur de lis with a pelicans head. Thats what it looks like to me. Also the flair around the tip of the beak is just flair that fleur de lis have sometimes source I am from NOLA.

PotD: 10/19/07, 08/25/08, 07/22/10, 08/13/10, 04/15/11, 05/19/11, 01/02/12, and 01/05/12.

Only real complaint, as others have pointed out, is the Vibe logo just feels too overtly colored. They could've gone with a great, simple 3 or 4 color logo, even, and been great. The gradient, the chrome... just feels off for a 2D representation. Same problem the SDFC logo suffers. But overall these are great.

Some minor nitpicks. The Supernovas logo feels a bit 'background' and less 'identifiable logo' if not for the wordmark. The Rise logo looks like the phoenix is surprised at what city they're representing. Fury is a great logo, it's simple. It works... except I don't like the added color to the Y in Fury. Plain white would've been just fine. From a distance it's gonna look like FUR-Four. That little toe on the R is unneeded as well. But it's a minor quibble. Valkyries is a great logo.... but the incomplete roundel just kinda feels off. Also feels more 'elf' than 'warrior'. Might just be the chin. Also, what's with the hidden E below the neck? Could've been a nice easter egg if E was anywhere of prominence. Seems far too obvious to be unintentional.

Overall, it's far better than a lot of other leagues starting or new teams.

EDIT: Didn't even notice, but love, the volleyball at the center of the logo. Glanced right over it at first since it's incomplete. But when you see it it suddenly stands out.

Orlando-Valkyries.png

• Like 3

6 hours ago, 4_tattoos said:

Can't help but think they should have saved the name Valkyries for a possible expansion team in Minnesota. Given the history of Nordic settlers the state has.

Orlando just had the Guardians, so rather apropos that they have another team that doesn't really fit to the market.

I wonder if there's a reason they chose to give 2 of their teams bird logos, but neither is named after a type of bird? I guess have a bird for Grand Rapids Rise works if their bird is supposed to be a Phoenix rising from the ashes. San Diego Mojo is just plain silly branding for both the name and logo.