CFL uniform news 2024

clonewars2008

Ottawa should have used this opportunity to get a new number font, or at least get rid of the notches on this font. Other than that, it's a really nice update, save for the lack of striping on the pants and socks.

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

Some great stuff here. However, much like Baylor’s new set, it suffers from an aggressive case of unnecessary number notch disease 

In Ottawa's case, the number notch is actually based on their logo

Redblacks Logo | SVG | Real Company | Alphabet, Letter R Logo

• Like 1

zzPEfBm.png

26 minutes ago, DCarp1231 said:

spacer.png

Some great stuff here. However, much like Baylor’s new set, it suffers from an aggressive case of unnecessary number notch disease 

To be fair, the font isn't new for them. It's been used for the numbers since the entered the league. They aren't making any changes to the road uniform, so I'd rather not have mis-matched fonts.

• Like 2

I hate when the font is the same colour as the jersey with only an outline that has contrasting colours but  I think it's ok. 

It does look very similar to Ottawa's new jersey and I wish they used yellow pants (you can see the pants in the video linked)  but it works. 

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C72ojjXvwIu/?igsh=ZnZzcGpicnl2cDcz

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

On 6/4/2024 at 4:19 PM, steve61 said:

In Ottawa's case, the number notch is actually based on their logo

Correct, it's lost on a lot of people but that notch is meant to represent the strike of an axe on wood - fitting with the whole lumberjack theme.

11 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Ah yes, the ol’ “honor the past with a :censored:ty uniform” reveal

Gotta love it

At the rate things are going I expect every team in the league will have a jersey with those particular shoulder stripes by next season. 

Edmonton’s new third jersey sucks. The green numbers and letters on the green jersey just make zero sense to me. They looked awful on the field.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Delicate Genius said:

The Elks are wearing different pants tonight that match the white ones that debuted last season.

spacer.png

These were the regular pants used from the redesign in 2022 through preseason this year:

spacer.png

I like the new gold pants much, much better. I hope they don’t wear the white ones moving forward. I find that the more pant options a team has, the stupider their uniform combinations become. 

• Like 2