CFL uniform news 2024

clonewars2008

9 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

I miss the Renegades brand so much. Ruffy especially 

It was a great brand, no argument here - but don't think fans have happy memories of that ownership and as cool as the logo and everything was, it's a reminder to Ottawa fans of a pretty catastrophic failure of a team.

10 hours ago, clonewars2008 said:

I miss the Renegades brand so much. Ruffy especially 

I always thought the Redblacks should have brought back Ruffy. It would've been a good way to connect all the Ottawa CFL franchises.

Plus a beaver mascot would fit with the lumberjack branding. Just throw a plaid shirt and some suspenders on him.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Ricky_Roby said:

It was a great brand, no argument here - but don't think fans have happy memories of that ownership and as cool as the logo and everything was, it's a reminder to Ottawa fans of a pretty catastrophic failure of a team.

I mean to be fair for me, I was a kid when the Renegades were around, but the 2005 season had some good memories. Yeah the ownership group at the time is not well liked but we shouldn't restrict a brand just cause of ownership. especially since no one owns it at the moment. 

BtdCezY.png

• 2 weeks later...

The Gunmetal uniforms are back. But now it's 3.0 as they add a cleaner version of their logo to the shoulders.
 GXXL7h_bQAEZY8T?format=jpg&name=large

GXXL7jCaUAAvIEe?format=jpg&name=large

1.0 which I still prefer. cause the paw logo looks nice and the darker shade of grey sticking to the sleeves and the stripe on the side of the jersey. 
image.jpg

2.0 with a more stylized lion face and indigenous designed logo on the Helmets. 
image.jpg?pubId=4401740963001

Would love to see an Orange jersey thrown into the mix next year.  

BtdCezY.png

2 hours ago, officeglenn said:

Got this screenshot from the video on Twitter:

alt-logo-2-bc-lions-gunmetal-jersey-unif

I think the interlocked BC is now their new primary, and this variant of their original primary, is now the alternate.  Feels like a downgrade to me.  Doesn't flow as well with feeling like it has forward motion.  And, the standalone interlocking BC is way too much a bad baseball cap logo, not a football logo.  

6 hours ago, Scooter G said:

I think the interlocked BC is now their new primary, and this variant of their original primary, is now the alternate.  Feels like a downgrade to me.  Doesn't flow as well with feeling like it has forward motion.  And, the standalone interlocking BC is way too much a bad baseball cap logo, not a football logo.  

There have been a few sources suggesting that is the case, that the interlocking B+C will be the new primary next year - it makes a lot more sense now that they are showing off, at the very tail end of the regular season, a new "alternate" logo that is just a reworked primary and to get fans used to the idea that the lion head, while not going away anytime soon, is now going to be relegated to 2nd place.

That's a shame, I always thought the Lions had one of the most timeless logos in the CFL and never really expected the primary mark to change drastically in my lifetime.

• Like 1

I’m not a fan of the proportions of the updated logo. The lion is seems too big compared to BC. Or maybe the BC isn’t wide enough? I’m not sure but something doesn’t look right to me. 

With the rumours of the logo changes, I was hoping for a modernization of the lion itself, doesn’t look like that’ll happen. 

Also, as much as I’ve like the previous gunmetal alts, I’d prefer an orange jersey in the rotation rather than a second grey option. 

GCEeffm.png

A classic? That's a stretch there Lions. 

Orange, to @randyc's point' would be cool! 

I'd love an orange helmet with a white paw print to go with it. 

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)