Spring Football Concept: AAFL Project

WideRight

NY/NJ

Did you also sim this league in DDS Football?

spacer.pngspacer.png

Im an isles,rangers,devils,Sabres,Yankees,Mets,Braves,hawks,knicks,nets,bills,giants,falcons,and jets fan. So?

14 votes in and we have a race on our hands. 

5   Boston

4   Chicago

3   NY/NJ

2  Miami

If you have not voted yet, I would recommend you stick to one of those 4 teams, which basically means we are eliminating Detroit, Atlanta, and Los Angeles from contention for Team #9.

Will it be Beantown?  The Windy City?  The Big Apple?  Or ... what is Miami's nickname?  The big cocaine bump?  The Vice City?   Does it have one?  

1 hour ago, WideRight said:

14 votes in and we have a race on our hands. 

5   Boston

4   Chicago

3   NY/NJ

2  Miami

If you have not voted yet, I would recommend you stick to one of those 4 teams, which basically means we are eliminating Detroit, Atlanta, and Los Angeles from contention for Team #9.

Will it be Beantown?  The Windy City?  The Big Apple?  Or ... what is Miami's nickname?  The big cocaine bump?  The Vice City?   Does it have one?  

Vice City

Chicago.    I'd be tempted to vote Boston if they weren't playing at Harvard.   That might be the most uncomfortable stadium this side of ancient Greece.   At least the Chicago stadium has actual seats and not just concrete benches.

21 votes so far and...

6  Chicago and NY/NJ

5  Boston

4  Miami

That is the race right now.  Far too close to call. Though I have to say that while I think both Chicago and NY/NJ make sense based on the current 8 teams in place, I have a hard time justifying a Miami team with Orlando already in the league and several other regions of the country not having franchises.  If Miami wins the vote, i will use them, but I think IRL they would be out of the running at least in this round due to the Orlando franchise. 

24 minutes ago, BottomlessPitt said:

My vote: Boston

Any reason why Boston College isn't an option. In this timeline did they just say no?

They are.  In this league they are shooting for stadiums ideally between 20k-30k but will move up to a larger stadium if there is demand.  The goal is to get the cheapest leases possible and have the best shot of stadiums that look mostly full.  So, for Boston, they would start at Harvard (BU is now too small) and would move to BC if the demand proved adequate to consistently need more than 30,000 seats.   St. Louis already did this, starting in the 26k soccer stadium but then moving games to the Dome because demand was high.  Unlike the USFL/XFL, there is a real interest in having full stadiums on TV to give it an air of legitimacy (and smaller stadiums are cheaper to lease.)

• Like 1