Spring Football Concept: AAFL Project

WideRight

Well, that was about as lopsided as it gets.  With 13 votes, ahead of two teams with 5 votes apiece, we have our final team...

Welcome to the Memphis Mallards!!  

The Mallards will play at Liberty Bowl Stadium and join a nicely clustered Southern division, with bus trips to New Orleans, Birmingham, and Texas.  I will have their uniforms ready tonight (sorry, did not get to work on this at home last night).

For now, here is our lineup for the 16-team AAFL.

WEST:  San Diego Destroyers,  Salt Lake Pioneers, California Rush, and Portland Chinook.

SOUTH: Birmingham Vulcans, Memphis Mallards, Houston Apollos, and New Orleans Crawdads

NORTH: St. Louis Rampage, Chicago Sting, Columbus Silverbacks, and Detroit Red Devils.

EAST:  Boston Clovers, New Jersey Rockers, Washington Wolves, and Orlando Juice.

I will also provide some of the unique identities for other cities that were not selected, including Miami, Nashville, San Antonio, Dallas, and Philadelphia. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

Here we are, guys.  The design for the 16th and final team, the Memphis Mallards. 

spacer.png

Finally a navy jersey, though a lot of the look is based on the Kelly Green.  I also added a secondary logo just to have a different version of the mallard on the sleeve. 

So, we have our 16 teams.  I will post a few of the unused designs from the unused cities over the next few days, but this is the project, the best possible, voted on by fans, 16-team spring football league.  Not every team is what I would have picked, but I think that groupthink actually produced a pretty good looking and functional league.  Now if we just had a few multi-billionaires willing to fund this we could make it happen. 

spacer.png

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Applause 3

We created a multiverse 

4 minutes ago, WideRight said:

Here we are, guys.  The design for the 16th and final team, the Memphis Mallards. 

spacer.png

Finally a navy jersey, though a lot of the look is based on the Kelly Green.  I also added a secondary logo just to have a different version of the mallard on the sleeve. 

So, we have our 16 teams.  I will post a few of the unused designs from the unused cities over the next few days, but this is the project, the best possible, voted on by fans, 16-team spring football league.  Not every team is what I would have picked, but I think that groupthink actually produced a pretty good looking and functional league.  Now if we just had a few multi-billionaires willing to fund this we could make it happen. 

spacer.png

15 hours ago, WideRight said:

spacer.png

WOW! That Mallards secondary mark is phenomenal! The identity package overall is great, but that secondary ranks as a  favorite of mine amongst anything you've ever produced. It really conveys a very specific attitude and energy. Top notch.

Further, the entire project has been an extremely impressive undertaking. Outstanding work. Your efforts are always a treat.      

• Like 1
  • Love 1

And now the "What could have been" portion of the project, just to finish it up.  We start with Philadelphia.  I had 3 unique identities for Philly on tap, and was working on a 4th.  Here are the first two of the Philadelphia ideas. 

Philadelphia Southpaws:  Named for one of the most famous boxers of all time and a Philly native, Rocky Balboa.  The main logo is a P with a left boxing glove in gold.  There is a small secondary logo of the famous Rocky celebrating at the top of the steps pose, which you can see at the rear bumper of the stripe on the helmet.   I know it is a bit weird to use one sport's design to reference a totally different sport, but this is Rocky we are talking about here. 

spacer.png

Philadelphia Flames:  I wanted at least one alliterative name, and I thought "Freedom" was a bit played out.  So, I went with a fire motif, and looked for options using the letter P made of flames. Not sure if I love this or hate it, but I do think that using two different color shifts (red to orange and orange to yellow) in different pieces of the flame does work. 

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1