Spring Football Concept: AAFL Project

WideRight

Honestly, if you’re up for it, you should do a 32 team league, and come up with identities for the cities that didn’t make these 16. Probably could go without the voting just to simply, but I’d love to see what you had in mind for the other places. Especially the Twin Cities 

"And those who know Your Name put their trust in You, for You, O Lord, have not forsaken those who seek You." Psalms 9:10

46 minutes ago, chcarlson23 said:

Honestly, if you’re up for it, you should do a 32 team league, and come up with identities for the cities that didn’t make these 16. Probably could go without the voting just to simply, but I’d love to see what you had in mind for the other places. Especially the Twin Cities 

Honestly, I 100% agree.

Yeah, that is not going to happen.  I was able to do this project solely because I had a 2-week Winter Break and got so far ahead on my USFL blog/simulation that I had time to design this entire thing (more or less).  The sim is quickly catching up to where I am so I am just not going to be able to devote the time to adding a lot more teams.  16 was my target, and honestly, it is the cap for what I think a second tier AAA football league should shoot for.  So, I am going to stop at 16, but I do have a few more unused concepts to reveal, so it is not officially over yet. 

One more for today, the 3rd Philadelphia concept.  This one tries to go a different route, using a pretty complex but old school logo and a muted color palette of navy and grey.  The Philadelphia Revolutionaries, or Revs as we expect they would be called. 

spacer.png

• Like 7

The Cooperheads would have looked like this:

spacer.png

Just kidding. I know what you meant.  I will get a full design scheme up for the Copperheads probably this weekend.  But, in the meantime, how about these two Atlanta options?  

spacer.png

A little purple & silver just to be different, and, for Atlanta, of course, a bird theme. 

spacer.png

And the Pride, just because I was trying to bring in some interesting color combos and was struggling to come up with things tied specifically to Atlanta.  I mean you cannot have a logo of people calling a pepsi a Coke or of putting peanuts in their soda, so I was running out of ideas for them. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

And here is the Copperhead design, which I created very early on when Houston was debating between Apollos and Copperheads.  This design would have been the same had the team been in San Antonio or Dallas as well.  

I continued with the interrupted line motif from the helmet stripe, which you can see on the pant stripe, while the sleeve stripes are more of an attempt at a snake-skin motif, but with rectangular segments of alternating colors. 

spacer.png

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Applause 2

14 hours ago, WideRight said:

spacer.png

And the Pride, just because I was trying to bring in some interesting color combos and was struggling to come up with things tied specifically to Atlanta.  I mean you cannot have a logo of people calling a pepsi a Coke or of putting peanuts in their soda, so I was running out of ideas for them. 

I like this concept.... and IIRC Coke is headquarters in Atlanta so possibly a Red/Orange/Gold combo for the Pride?

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/23/2024 at 8:47 AM, Alex_Something said:

Bring San Antonio a football team plz

The league is finished

They had multiple chances but always got outvoted

If you read on the card you'll be cheating on your heart.