2024 NFL Changes

1 minute ago, Silver_Star said:

1990's is certain with Carolina Panthers, Jacksonville Jaguars, Baltimore Ravens, due to the colorful and richness they carry with the style.

2000's is more the Houston Texans range with those plain uniforms they had with the number font which was safe and smarter while other teams started doing the Reebok goofiness with the piping and shoulder yolk, the silly Cincinatti uniform crap, the ugly uniforms the Vikings had. They were just butt ugly and used to clean yourself instead of being worn.

Where would you put the Broncos?

21 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

1968. So, I say the 1970's.

I meant the late 90s uniforms. The navy and orange update doesn't really fit with what you said about the 90s having color and richness. I'd say the 90s uniforms weren't quite the piping disasters of the 2000s, but they were the prototype for that type of uniform.

1 hour ago, ruttep said:

I meant the late 90s uniforms. The navy and orange update doesn't really fit with what you said about the 90s having color and richness. I'd say the 90s uniforms weren't quite the piping disasters of the 2000s, but they were the prototype for that type of uniform.

Richness of the Broncos was the navy blue being a bold color similar to burgundy, olive, etc. That would be the 2000's to be honest just like the Texans since the Broncos and Buccaneers uniforms was 1997. So just three years into 2000, and I classify those two into that.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

Richness of the Broncos was the navy blue being a bold color similar to burgundy, olive, etc. That would be the 2000's to be honest just like the Texans since the Broncos and Buccaneers uniforms was 1997. So just three years into 2000, and I classify those two into that.

Navy blue is not a bold color. It is dull as can be. The 1996 shades of orange and blue were bold. 

• Like 5

11 hours ago, ramsjetsthunder said:

Are the Jags still releasing throwbacks this season? We seem to be getting pretty late in the "uniform season"

Yep the throwbacks are still coming. Probably an unveiling within the next couple weeks. 

• Like 2

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

14 minutes ago, ruttep said:

Nah. As far as shades of orange go, it's one of the blandest shades out there.

How do you figure? A lot depends on how the uniforms are photographed. Also depends on your preference for the shade of orange. The 80s and 90s shades were more red- orange,  and the newer shade is more burnt orange. I don't think that makes the newer shade more dull, just different. 

Seems like you're hating for the sake of hating, which seems to be the cool thing to do in this forum.

• LOL 1

23 minutes ago, BroncoBilly said:

How do you figure? A lot depends on how the uniforms are photographed. Also depends on your preference for the shade of orange. The 80s and 90s shades were more red- orange,  and the newer shade is more burnt orange. I don't think that makes the newer shade more dull, just different. 

Seems like you're hating for the sake of hating, which seems to be the cool thing to do in this forum.

I'm just stating my opinion, man. I've been severely underwhelmed by the new Broncos uniforms, and one of the main reasons why is that I find navy blue and their current shade of orange to be bland and uninspiring.

If you like their current orange, I respect your opinion. We can agree to disagree.

(Yes, I absolutely prefer red-orange to the current Broncos orange. Same reason why I was happy to see the Philadelphia Flyers update their orange last year)

spacer.png

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MCM0313 said:

Navy blue is not a bold color. It is dull as can be. The 1996 shades of orange and blue were bold. 

There are different colors,

Dull colors have grey tints to it. Bold is dark to rich colors like navy blue, burgundy, olive, mustard, hunter green, grape, sepia, etc. The pastel like colors like pastel pink, powder blue (the real powder blue by the way), vanilla, etc. Then you have the normal shades like the reds, blues, yellows, greens, orange, and violet (purple), and you get the tertiary ones like, red-violet (magenta), blue-green (teal), yellow-orange (amber), yellow-green (lime), red-orange (vermillion), and blue-violet (indigo).

Royal blue is a normal rich color while orange is just a normal color or regular color being in the secondary color class.

• Huh? 1
  • Yawn 1
  • Eyeroll 1

32 minutes ago, Silver_Star said:

Dull colors have grey tints to it. Bold is dark to rich colors like navy blue, burgundy, olive, mustard, hunter green, grape, sepia, etc. The pastel like colors like pastel pink, powder blue (the real powder blue by the way), vanilla, etc. Then you have the normal shades like the reds, blues, yellows, greens, orange, and violet (purple), and you get the tertiary ones like, red-violet (magenta), blue-green (teal), yellow-orange (amber), yellow-green (lime), red-orange (vermillion), and blue-violet (indigo).

Royal blue is a normal rich color while orange is just a normal color or regular color being in the secondary color class.

Can't speak for anyone else, but when I describe colors as "bold" or "dull" I'm more talking about my perception of the colors than the scientific definition of "bold" or "dull." Navy blue might be "bold" by definition but it's been so overdone in sports that it becomes dull in this context.

• Like 3
  • Applause 1

5 hours ago, Silver_Star said:

spacer.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 1