2024 NFL Changes

1 hour ago, WSU151 said:

Jacksonville can still wear teal and black jerseys with the black helmet, correct? 

Well, teal was upgraded to the primary jersey so it’s definitely going to be worn with the black helmet. I’m pretty sure the rule states alternate jerseys can only be paired with alternate helmets. Meaning we will only ever see the white helmet with black jersey. Same goes for the Broncos white helmet and navy jersey.

Naturally, this rule will be abolished in the upcoming offseason and we’ll end up with things like the Commanders wearing their black helmet with their burgundy jersey.

The more I look at that Navy jersey for Denver, I actually don't hate it.  I'd prefer to see them wear that as their Primary instead of their Alternate, whether it's with White or Orange pants (as long as they wear Navy socks).

• Like 1

On 8/19/2024 at 8:49 AM, Aardvark said:

Anti-shoutout here to Bud Adams, thanks a lot bro

Forbes ran an article a few years back.  While Nashville is really good sports market in its own right, the relocation out of a giant market like Houston, along with ridding themselves of a loved brand like the Oilers, has caused the the Adams family a loss of around $2b in extra revenue. 

Despite never really having any success, the Texans are worth about $1b more than the Titans (former Oilers), and that is solely because of market size. Not really rocket science to know that more people in your market = more people to sell merch and tickets to.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Klondyke said:

the relocation out of a giant market like Houston, along with ridding themselves of a loved brand like the Oilers, has caused the the Adams family a loss of around $2b in extra revenue. 

I'm not sure that's a fair assumption, since he wasn't going to get the same free stadium in Houston, and would likely have continued to be the Astro's tenant and fighting with them and the city over renovations for the foreseeable future.  A lot of that is his own doing for building up such ill will between himself, local government, and fans, but had he stayed, it's not possible to predict that he'd be in the same situation that the Texans are in now.

IIRC, there was never a referendum over public money for an Oilers stadium, but given the mayor was Adams' biggest enemy and only became more popular the more he fought against him, it's reasonable to assume that the people would never have given him what he was asking for.

It's also reasonable to suggest that the Adams family is in better shape now than they would have been had they remained in Houston.

• Like 2

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

1 hour ago, BBTV said:

I'm not sure that's a fair assumption, since he wasn't going to get the same free stadium in Houston, and would likely have continued to be the Astro's tenant and fighting with them and the city over renovations for the foreseeable future.  A lot of that is his own doing for building up such ill will between himself, local government, and fans, but had he stayed, it's not possible to predict that he'd be in the same situation that the Texans are in now.

IIRC, there was never a referendum over public money for an Oilers stadium, but given the mayor was Adams' biggest enemy and only became more popular the more he fought against him, it's reasonable to assume that the people would never have given him what he was asking for.

It's also reasonable to suggest that the Adams family is in better shape now than they would have been had they remained in Houston.

I can try to find the Forbes article.  They combined the evaluations + lost merch/ticket sales from a bigger market.

The first two years in Tennessee were a disaster, playing in both Memphis and Vanderbilt.  

With the retro wave taking over in the NFL I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans just go back to the Oilers look and slap the flaming thumbtack on their helmets and call it a day.  Would end any headache with trademark as well even though I don't believe they deserve it.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, GoGreenGoWhite said:

If they wear their alternate in the pre-season does that burn a use for the regular season? Because that would be cool.

They already released their jersey schedule. Black is being worn only twice. They wore it just twice last season too without even wearing black in the preseason.

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

With the retro wave taking over in the NFL I wouldn't be surprised if the Titans just go back to the Oilers look and slap the flaming thumbtack on their helmets and call it a day.  Would end any headache with trademark as well even though I don't believe they deserve it.

Solid idea.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Just use the Oilers uniforms but still call them Titans. It can work that way too.

• Love 1

22 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Yes that counts

Are you sure? When the Jaguars first debuted their current set in 2018, and the teal jersey was still the alternate, the Jaguars wore the teal jersey 5 times, 2 preseason and 3 regular season games. I don't know if the rule about alternates has been changed since, but I thought of this when I saw your answer.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Just use the Oilers uniforms but still call them Titans. It can work that way too.

Use the oil derrick logo with two divining rods at the top to form a T 

They'll find the oil, just wait

• LOL 2

22 hours ago, ltjets21 said:

Outside of the jets who has changed to a throwback look full time in the past handful of years to call it a wave?