2024 NFL Changes

3 minutes ago, FriedPickles said:

Do we have any solid proof that it's the coach who decided to "ruin" the uniforms with the all-white socks? um.. source?

It's speculation, tbh. The Saints made all-black their default home uniform and began wearing all-white or black leggings for pretty much every road game under Payton. The Broncos were always very diligent about contrasting socks before he got there (the only exception being the occasional all-navy). When Payton got there they stopped wearing contrasting socks with the white pants. It's all circumstantial evidence

• Like 3

6 hours ago, DCarp1231 said:

Imagine thinking the Broncos don’t look better

Imagine thinking a shrunken logo, half helmet stripe with kewl Nike sublimation, thin and nonsensical pants stripes, random triangles, pointless white helmet with shrunken white logo, "5280," and mountain patterns on the shoulders aren't worse than simple side panels. There are mountains in Colorado! Denver is a mile high! That's 5,280 feet! So cool!

With this uniform set they should change their name to the Av's original concept: The Rocky Mountain Xtreme.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 3

Said it 100x and I'll probably say it 100 more. The below is literally all the Broncos had to do. Just make navy and white jerseys and pants. You could have even kept the cyberhorse logo instead of the throwback one on the helmet.

Instead we got a decent/not completely terrible uniform but with a ton of unnecessary gimmicks and an unnecessary white helmet.

devontae-booker-broncos.jpg?w=1024

• Like 4
  • Applause 1
  • Eyeroll 1

7 hours ago, ruttep said:

It's speculation, tbh. The Saints made all-black their default home uniform and began wearing all-white or black leggings for pretty much every road game under Payton. The Broncos were always very diligent about contrasting socks before he got there (the only exception being the occasional all-navy). When Payton got there they stopped wearing contrasting socks with the white pants. It's all circumstantial evidence

I understand where you might come to that conclusion, but it's the Broncos captains who decide on the pant and sock combination every week. I think it was the same last year, too. Which honestly makes sense since it seems like most current NFL players appear to prefer the leotard, mono, and white sock looks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, VikWings said:

Said it 100x and I'll probably say it 100 more. The below is literally all the Broncos had to do. Just make navy and white jerseys and pants. You could have even kept the cyberhorse logo instead of the throwback one on the helmet.

Instead we got a decent/not completely terrible uniform but with a ton of unnecessary gimmicks and an unnecessary white helmet.

I do think this uniform had a ton of influence.  I can see some of the through lines in the use of orange pants and sleeve stripes to what the Broncos are wearing now. Combine that with the Chargers gold facemasks and royal blue alternate (RIP) it means this game from 2016 had a longer lasting legacy than we expected.

usatsi_9604931.jpg

15 hours ago, VikWings said:

I disagree with this take, tbh. I'd much rather see the cyberhorse in the throwback colors than the throwback uniform in the current colors. That shade of orange combined with navy is so flat and unappealing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, ruttep said:

I disagree with this take, tbh. I'd much rather see the cyberhorse in the throwback colors than the throwback uniform in the current colors. That shade of orange combined with navy is so flat and unappealing.

I just plain don’t like the current color scheme that Denver has. 

• Applause 1

13 hours ago, VikWings said:

Slight correction:  all they had to do was add a White jersey and White pants, get rid of the Orange pants, and any disregard any ideas about Navy-dominant anything.  

• Like 2
  • Dislike 1

7 hours ago, HOOVER said:

Slight correction:  all they had to do was add a White jersey and White pants, get rid of the Orange pants, and any disregard any ideas about Navy-dominant anything.  

True but they weren't not gonna have an alternate. So just a navy jersey would be fine, no need for the pants. And I was basing off what they ultimately did with the three colors of pants.

Just as a bit of a realism moment here... for as much as Broncos royal blue is beloved here and across Broncos fandom, I don't believe it will be coming back in the foreseeable future, much as for the same reason that the Bucs' creamsicle wouldn't be. It will always be associated with the "almost, but not quite" era of Denver losing their first 4 Super Bowls. As soon as the Broncos switched to navy, they won 2 straight. Given how superstitious the team is (wearing white for Super Bowl 50 as the home team, for example), I don't think we will see it as a primary uniform color until a new stadium is opened, and that's a big maybe.

Long story short, Navy is seen as the Broncos' championship color. And personally, I grew up watching the team in Navy and Orange, so I'm going to be more lenient towards it. Doesn't change the fact that the throwback uniform the team introduced this year is one of, if not the best, in the NFL at the moment.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Visit my website at SSmith Designs (google.com)

I honestly can’t think of anything I find to be an improvement in the Broncos’ new set compared to their previous one. Sure, they can mix & match now, but with the old set they still would’ve been able to wear orange pants with the white jersey, for example, they just chose not to (to be fair, that would be a pretty unbalanced look). 

The Elway set definitely was getting a bit dated, but I like everything about it more than what they replaced it with. Although I find the Color Rush to be a bit plain, even a complete set of that (preferably with the Elway font) would have been much better than what we got.

I would have wanted them to go back to royal blue full-time (as pretty much everyone here would), but, like @SSmith48said, I always knew it was probably a pipe dream.