College Football - 2024

Rixaroo

1 hour ago, MJWalker45 said:

Those logos are already on the field, hopefully they don't start looking like the CFL and Arena League. 

safelite-field-ohio-stadium.png

HighPoint.com-Stadium.jpg

In those cases those companies paid to have naming rights of the stadium. It seems the NCAA is allowing schools to open up sponsor logos on the field without having to rename your stadium or field. I know many schools would have their fans revolt if their 100 year old stadium had to be named after a sponsor but would only be somewhat pissed if a company logo was on the field.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, PERRIN said:

I know it’s similar to other schools out there

I think green and athletic gold is less similar to other schools out there, at least in football specifically. With green and athletic gold, there's Baylor and... North Dakota State? With green and vegas gold, there's Notre Dame (alternates), Colorado State, USF, Charlotte, UAB.

• Like 2

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

2 minutes ago, cajunaggie08 said:

In those cases those companies paid to have naming rights of the stadium. It seems the NCAA is allowing schools to open up sponsor logos on the field without having to rename your stadium or field. I know many schools would have their fans revolt if their 100 year old stadium had to be named after a sponsor but would only be somewhat pissed if a company logo was on the field.

66047745-montreal-august-2014-aerial-vie

As long as the fields don't start looking like this, I think most fans won't even notice. 

• Eyeroll 1

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Just now, cajunaggie08 said:

Bowl game fields have just been one giant ad for years now

65866a822a026.image.jpg?resize=1200,801

True, but with some level of restraint. We're all hoping that continues, but then again we have uniform ads in MLB, NBA and the NHL now. 

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

3 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

You just know this won't make a dent in the number of commercial breaks per game, too.

Absolutely not. The on-field and jersey money will probably go to the schools whereas the ad money goes to the networks who already have promised their money to the conferences.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Lights Out said:

You just know this won't make a dent in the number of commercial breaks per game, too.

Especially since they're adding a two minute warning. 

• Like 2

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

20 hours ago, Lights Out said:

I think green and athletic gold is less similar to other schools out there, at least in football specifically. With green and athletic gold, there's Baylor and... North Dakota State? With green and vegas gold, there's Notre Dame (alternates), Colorado State, USF, Charlotte, UAB.

you forgot oregon, is it because they lost to the same team twice?

Nice. That looks like Minnesota. And exchanging elements between the three colors doesn't appear that it would be terribly offensive either. Frankly, I was surprised that PJ Fleck was still employed by Minnesota based on those, but then I saw the oar stripe was still there, and then they were holding a paddle in the video. Ha.

• Like 3

Some more pictures. The stripes are beautiful but it’s bugging me that none of them match. Overall an insanely huge upgrade tho

• Like 12
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Ted Cunningham said:

Nice. That looks like Minnesota. And exchanging elements between the three colors doesn't appear that it would be terribly offensive either. Frankly, I was surprised that PJ Fleck was still employed by Minnesota based on those, but then I saw the oar stripe was still there, and then they were holding a paddle in the video. Ha.

The fact they haven't worn the gold jerseys in 4 years is a sacrilege. But at least these are in the the new EA game instead of the previous set.

The last time Minnesota wore each jersey color is below:

Maroon: Dec. 26, 2023 vs. Bowling Green
Gold: Nov. 20, 2020 vs. Purdue
White: Nov. 18, 2023 at Ohio State
Black: Oct. 28, 2023 vs. Michigan State

gallery_image-6-745x1024.jpg

I actually don't mind the pants stripes not matching the sleeves as long as the colors aren't swapped. The only bad thing about this is that they'll roll out some version of anthracite or black, and they'll probably keep using mismatched logos on the helmets. 

• Like 3

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I want to like them, but that striping inconsistency ruins it a bit for me. If the helmet stripe matched the pant stripe it would be much better, but they just have to have that "oar stripe" in there. The "Row The Boat" drivel is still an eyeroll. I hate how PJ Fleck has infected that program with his self-marketing.

• Like 5
  • Applause 1