24-25 NBA changes

DJT

20 minutes ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I agree. I also think the ballin' Raptor is a far superior primary logo than the clawed ball. Sure it's a little cartoony, but even just clean it up/modernize it. It's a freaking dinosaur playing basketball.

Like to me, to a non-privy person, you would have to point out that it's dino claw marks on the ball. At least to me anyways, it isn't obvious. Always thought it was a weak logo. 

i think they could for sure insert purple as a third color red/black/purple. A black alternate with heavy purple accent would be a nice new direction. By the way, i honestly can't find a reason to prefer the dino logo but nostalgia. The claw ball it's perfect in its semplicity. Maybe a modernized dino logo would fit as a secondary, or maybe a modernized version of the TR logo.

• Like 1

i really want to see them try their hand in making a modern dino jersey. even a city edition to test the waters would be great. sort of like what they did a few years ago but obviously not in ovo colors. i think they can make something special if they just clean up the original jerseys a bit and make a modern version like how the jazz did for theirs. we're surprisingly in an era where teams are finding their identities again. i dont see whats stopping them. we've got the clippers and kings bringing back the cursive, the suns bringing back the sunburst, and the jazz bringing back the mountains. id like to see the dino next up 

honestly if you look back the logo was pretty ahead of its time IMO. well, the dinosaur itself at least. the bold outlining and simple silhouette, the simple color palette, the lack of gradients or shading (which was huge back then), and overall sharpness of the logo. its not far off from current nba animal logos like the bulls and hornets. its not even that cartoony either compared to say the old hornets or grizzlies. theres a reason why it lived to 2015. but again thats just the dinosaur itself. the overall main logo with the triangles and such.. yea thats a bit dated

also, if they could bring back that old font as well that would be sweet too. one of my favorite wordmarks of all time

• Like 3

19 hours ago, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

I agree. I also think the ballin' Raptor is a far superior primary logo than the clawed ball. Sure it's a little cartoony, but even just clean it up/modernize it. It's a freaking dinosaur playing basketball.

Always thought it was a weak logo. 

It definitely is weak for a primary logo and doesn't really work as one. Didn't get it why they did it when they revealed it either. It came at a time when Brooklyn introduced their brand too, which happened to be and still is even more bare and lackluster. The ball with claws logo they had before the rebrand was a way superior shape and would've fit the primary role better (pic below). The current one is well-suited for a secondary mark instead.

toronto_raptors_logo_alternate_19969295.

13 hours ago, pelicanfan said:

honestly if you look back the logo was pretty ahead of its time IMO. well, the dinosaur itself at least. the bold outlining and simple silhouette, the simple color palette, the lack of gradients or shading (which was huge back then), and overall sharpness of the logo. its not far off from current nba animal logos like the bulls and hornets. its not even that cartoony either compared to say the old hornets or grizzlies. theres a reason why it lived to 2015. but again thats just the dinosaur itself. the overall main logo with the triangles and such.. yea thats a bit dated

Totally agree.

• Like 4

On 10/2/2024 at 12:11 AM, VampyrRabbit said:

There's no ballin' Dino, no Factory Pomo anywhere on the uniform and no pins. It's a good uniform, but I would take the original set over it in a heartbeat.

The original one is waaayyyy too dated. People within the fanbase say they want the originals back, but I know they'd be sick of them if they were being worn full time.

The second purple set is much more clean & timeless without being overly minimal. 

On 10/2/2024 at 10:42 AM, tigerslionspistonshabs said:

Like to me, to a non-privy person, you would have to point out that it's dino claw marks on the ball. At least to me anyways, it isn't obvious. Always thought it was a weak logo. 

The team seemed to be focused on minimizing the dinosaur stuff at that time. The brand had gotten pretty stagnant and they had made a lot of shakeups in the front office. Tim Leiweke came in as president and played a big role in the rebrand. I'm pretty sure he was pushing for them to ditch the Raptors name altogether and possibly rebrand as the Huskies, but that got vetoed by the board.

• Like 2
  • Yawn 1

4 hours ago, pepis21 said:

City Leaks from 2k Mobile from Macro Manipon via Matthew Arroyo:

461946701_8390831957666257_7144603453287

I absolutely hate the Suns jersey. It had so much potential but they ruined with "THE VALLEY" font choice and star on the front.

Dumb, dumb, dumb, dumb.

• Like 3

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

9 hours ago, truepg said:

It definitely is weak for a primary logo and doesn't really work as one. Didn't get it why they did it when they revealed it either. It came at a time when Brooklyn introduced their brand too, which happened to be and still is even more bare and lackluster. The ball with claws logo they had before the rebrand was a way superior shape and would've fit the primary role better (pic below). The current one is well-suited for a secondary mark instead.

toronto_raptors_logo_alternate_19969295.

Totally agree.

I still think a reworked version of this should he their current primary—if they're determined to stick with clawballs. Then again, I don't know how well it would work as a "global" logo, so maybe the ballin' dino (the updated one they're using for this year's Statements) could fit that role and this function as the secondary??

6 hours ago, pepis21 said:

City Leaks from 2k Mobile from Macro Manipon via Matthew Arroyo:

461951026_8390487521034034_6705443305056

Granted, we already crossed this bridge when Atlanta rolled out the "Peachtree" alternates years ago, but when it gets to the point where you have to put stuff like "LakeShow" (or for that matter "HEAT CULTURE") across the chest just to satisfy the requirement for an alternate, you know the shark done been jumped posterized...

• Like 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

34 minutes ago, tBBP said:

Granted, we already crossed this bridge when Atlanta rolled out the "Peachtree" alternates years ago, but when it gets to the point where you have to put stuff like "LakeShow" (or for that matter "HEAT CULTURE") across the chest just to satisfy the requirement for an alternate, you know the shark done been jumped posterized...

Seriously, they should have used the 75th anniversary as a launch point for a throwback inspired program for a few season (ala Reverse Retro).

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

6 hours ago, kolob said:

Seriously, they should have used the 75th anniversary as a launch point for a throwback inspired program for a few season (ala Reverse Retro).

I definitely like the idea of the retro inspired series (75th anniversary). There are definitely more mashup combinations with past uniforms to be made and would be much more creative than what Nike's produced since.

14 hours ago, Old School Fool said:

So I bought NBA 2K25 and it showed the Jazz full music note logo in yellow. I guess it's back?

6749_utah_jazz-primary-2017.png

I noticed that it uses a Utah font similar to the 70s logo and gets rid of the bevel lines. Either way its a upgrade over the plain black J-note over text global logo.