24-25 NBA changes

DJT

Seeing all of these screenshots, I wonder why 2K always has player nameplates vertically arched instead of radially arched. Been that way for years. Curious whether there’s a technical reason for it, or if it’s a detail the game’s designers just keep overlooking. I can’t remember the last time an NBA team had vertically arched nameplates in real life.

• Like 1

Good, that skyline stain was terrible. It's nice to see the vibrant Mavs blue return some, but they still haven't figured out a natural-feeling color balance with that and the navy here. Looks weird.

• Like 4

13 hours ago, SantosD_ said:

Mavs made some changes on the court design for this season:

image.png

Eh, the previous wasn't perfect, but I Iiked the vibrant blue out of bounds area a lot more, it had a much larger presence on the court that way, even though the logo was single-colored. The new one is yet another dull navy court.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, pepis21 said:

Lakers officialy unveil their City:

For the first time with matching court:

GZYpUNlWkAAGAkc?format=jpg&name=large

Nike is just grasping at straws at this moment to update uniforms and create alternates that don't need to exist.

• Like 1

rAUPGPZ.png

9 minutes ago, GrayJ12 said:

Nike is just grasping at straws at this moment to update uniforms and create alternates that don't need to exist.

This is why it's such a dumb idea to force teams to change their City uniforms every season. There's only so many different gimmicks and it feels like they are just phoning it in now.  

• Like 3

I actually really like the purple/gold/black color triad. I'd rather them do that here than on the Statement jersey. But the "Lake Show" wordmark is the sort of change-for-change's-sake detail that has ruined many a City uniform. Also, the Lakers are the type of team who should be above the alternate court trend.

On 10/8/2024 at 12:06 PM, pepis21 said:

Lakers officialy unveil their City:

For the first time with matching court:

GZYpUNlWkAAGAkc?format=jpg&name=large

The idea of the jersey isn't that bad ... just swap Lake Show for Lakers.

"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific." Lily Tomlin

It seems I'm among the few who don't mind the Lake Show wordmark, especially on a gimmicky City jersey. On-brand and all. I like it.

The court – not that much. They overdid it with the black. Too dark for the Lakers. Should include more yellow.

• Like 3