2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

10 hours ago, ruttep said:

The NFL only allows three alternate slots per season. Unless they give special permission, I doubt we see three black uniform games plus a color rush game.

If I had to pick one, I would designate the Week 15 game vs PIT for the permission-required third alt appearance. Otherwise, they'd just go with purple/white if I had to give up that and not change the other two games I had with the black jerseys.

Ihmgl03.pngVZ6sbGD.png

23 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

This is the last time I recall seeing a different uniform matchup between the Cowboys and 49ers. Oddly, this was actually the weekend before Thanksgiving of the 2008 season.

20081123__ninersgame5.jpg?w=620

Those 49ers uniforms are vastly superior to what they're wearing now.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Huh? 2
  • Dislike 5

2 hours ago, Captain Poncho said:

I liked that they were using real gold instead of that khaki nonsense they wear now...but with the black highlights and drop-shadow numbers I think they were too busy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Captain Poncho said:

C27w3ClVT54WU.png

• LOL 2

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

5 hours ago, ruttep said:

The Niners haven't worn their primary white uniforms at home in decades (not counting the end of the pandemic season when they forgot to pack their white throwbacks for Week 17 vs Seattle). I seriously doubt they'll ever intentionally do so again.

For some reason the league allows the Ravens to exceed the limit of 3 times. Or even 2 back when that was the limit. I suppose the league grants Baltimore special permission.

The late 90s/early 00s uniforms weren't bad as far as redesigns from that era go, but there's no world where I wouldn't consider them a massive downgrade from the classic Niners look. 

I have two main problems with them:

The shoehorning of black into the uniforms. I get that black is in the logo, but I don't think it was necessary and made the striping and numbers too busy.

The darkening of the red. Why, why, why, why, why. The brighter and bolder the red, the better for the Niners in my opinion. This change in the red was as bad as the Eagles flipping kelly for midnight green. "Tougher," yes, but duller. The best change that the return to the classics made was a return to a brighter red.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, ruttep said:

The late 90s/early 00s uniforms weren't bad as far as redesigns from that era go, but there's no world where I wouldn't consider them a massive downgrade from the classic Niners look. 

I have two main problems with them:

The shoehorning of black into the uniforms. I get that black is in the logo, but I don't think it was necessary and made the striping and numbers too busy.

The darkening of the red. Why, why, why, why, why. The brighter and bolder the red, the better for the Niners in my opinion. This change in the red was as bad as the Eagles flipping kelly for midnight green. "Tougher," yes, but duller. The best change that the return to the classics made was a return to a brighter red.

First of all, I definitely knew I'd be stirring the pot with that take, but it wasn't just to be gratuitous.

I do not want to go straight to jail.

Also, I'm totally on board with pretty much all of ruttep's take. The darkening of the red was unnecessary, and the black could have been more elegantly utilized.

But the current uniforms are simply straight fan service - grey face masks especially.  I get that all of the team's titles came in those old uniforms, but now, so has their 3-straight Super Bowl defeats.

At least the '08 uniforms had some integration of the complete palette of team colors, and also did their best to create a comprehensive uniform as opposed to the nondescript 70s era mail order catalog they wear now.

• LOL 1

5 hours ago, Captain Poncho said:

But the current uniforms are simply straight fan service - grey face masks especially.  I get that all of the team's titles came in those old uniforms, but now, so has their 3-straight Super Bowl defeats.

Obviously can't speak for the whole fanbase, but I'd much rather stick with the fanservice uniforms than roll the dice on a "modern" updated take on Niners uniforms and end up with an overdesigned Nike disaster. I appreciate the team choosing to look that way and sticking with it: Only one pair of pants (and in theory, only one pair of socks) is ever worn with either primary uniform. I prefer that to looking completely unrecognizable every five years.

I also simply think the current uniforms are good uniforms.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

Personally, I'd like to see this which hasn't been seen since 1979, and has never been seen with the Cowboys navy jerseys they started wearing in 1981:

spacer.png

Cowboys wore the blue jerseys in 1980. You skipped a year.

On 5/28/2024 at 1:28 PM, Michael Bolton said:

🤬 it, since it's that time of year I'll share my annual Bucs predictions too. But since a graphic designer, I amn't, you get a chunk of text:

Week 1- vs Washingtons -- white/white

Week 2- at Lions -- white/white

Week 3- vs Broncos -- white/pewter

Week 4- vs Eagles -- creamsicles (probably not so early in the season but this game is on my birthday so a boy can dream)

Week 5- at Falcons (TNF) -- white/pewter (+falcons wear throwbacks, chef's kiss)

Week 6- at Saints -- white/pewter

Week 7- vs Ravens (MNF) -- red/pewter

Week 8- vs Falcons -- red/pewter OR creamsicles if I don't get my birthday wish

Week 9- at Chiefs (MNF) -- white/pewter

Week 10- vs 49ers -- red/pewter

Week 11- BYE -- pajamas/t-shirts + sweatpants/gym shorts/boxers/briefs

Week 12- at Giants -- white/white

Week 13- at Panthers -- white/pewter

Week 14-vs Raiders -- pewter/pewter nonsense

Week 15- at Chargers -- white/pewter

Week 16- at Cowboys (SNF) -- red/white (they wore this combo last time they played at Dallas and they whooped 'em)

Week 17- vs Panthers -- red/pewter

Week 18- vs Saints -- red/pewter

It would be amazing if they somehow broke out the creamsicles against the Falcons in potentially their throwbacks on TNF. Probably won't happen, but would be cool as heck.

They could wear white/white more on the road like they did last year. I picked that combo for the Giants game for literally no apparent reason. Tampa's uniform combos tend to get boring in the second half of the year, but here's hoping we at least get a few red/pewter games like I am "predicting."

Here ya go, translated the chunk of text into images

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I do hope we get this many red/pewter games. Personally, I don't see them starting to wear red at home for a day game until the final two weeks of the season, but we'll see.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, ruttep said:

Here ya go, translated the chunk of text into images

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I do hope we get this many red/pewter games. Personally, I don't see them starting to wear red at home for a day game until the final two weeks of the season, but we'll see.

Hey, that was cool as hell of you. Thanks!

• Like 1

ClAFLDa.png

15 hours ago, ruttep said:

Yeah I'm definitely questioning my week 8 vs the Falcons choice, possibly week 10 vs the Niners, and as another user mentioned they've been wearing WAH against the Panthers late in the year recently. So I'm probably way off on some of these. Still really appreciate the graphics man!

• Like 1

ClAFLDa.png

1 hour ago, Michael Bolton said:

Yeah I'm definitely questioning my week 8 vs the Falcons choice, possibly week 10 vs the Niners, and as another user mentioned they've been wearing WAH against the Panthers late in the year recently. So I'm probably way off on some of these. Still really appreciate the graphics man!

If the Bucs do wear red against the Falcons (which would be awesome), I would expect Atlanta to wear black pants. The last few years they've only ever worn all-white when the home team is wearing all-black.

d0e87bbd0dd145f0a1aaf1b5d9079d1f

22126501-1.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1

102970184_102970184-d6d6c0caa63b44f2956a

18 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

How do you make these on that template?

GUD has already created 2024 season pages with each team's schedule, but with placeholder images for obvious reasons.

Use inspect element and replace the placeholder image. Links to each uniform combo on GUD should be pretty easy to find.

• Like 1