2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

13 hours ago, Colin56 said:

Shanahan is just discovering something that teams in the south have been using for 50 years and acting like no one has ever thought of it before

Well, anecdotally, even Mark Twain said the coldest winter he experienced was a summer in SF, so maybe they haven't had a need like teams in the South to wear white for heat reasons until recently.

7 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

If the visiting team has a say in this (and I'm not saying they don't because I truly don't know) then why haven't other teams said 'no' to the Cowboys wearing white at home going back to 1964? Or any team doing it against the Florida teams who do it to gain some 'advantage' in the sun?

Sometimes I think the NFL doesn't write any of these so called rules down so that's why there's no consistency.

They’re probably grandfathered into the rule.

Sometimes it’s okay to pull the plug on ol pops and let the family down easy.

7 hours ago, fouhy12 said:

It seems to me like teams have to declare before the season if they're wearing dark or light at home, and if they change it later on, the other team has the opportunity to decline.

I don't know the exact logistics, but I can see how it would be annoying if you were planning on wearing white one week only to have the other team make you switch to a colored uniform later on.

That's exactly how it works, and it's been that way since 1964. The home team has first choice of white or color, and the road team has to wear the opposite. The road team can wear a color jersey as well if there's enough contrast, such as the gray jerseys of the Rams. The initial jersey choices must be made before the start of the season.

If the home team wants to switch jerseys during the season and the new jersey won't cause any contrast issues, I believe they only need the NFL's permission. But if the home team wants to make a switch that would cause contrast issues, the road team has the right to refuse the switch. I don't know if the road team can make a request like this or not, but I would think the same rules apply.

Given the 49ers made the request due to the heat, I would have told the 49ers no too. The Cardinals wouldn't want to make a switch to darker jerseys because of the heat, so they would have declined the request.

10 hours ago, PurpleHayes said:

If the visiting team has a say in this (and I'm not saying they don't because I truly don't know) then why haven't other teams said 'no' to the Cowboys wearing white at home going back to 1964?

The visiting team has a say if the original plan is changed.  If the original plan is for the home team to wear white, then the visiting team can't stop them.  It's just if there's a change.  So the Cowboys aren't getting any special treatment.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Is it just me or do most of the London games seem to be mono v mono?  This game could have looked so much better had even one of the teams changed their pants.

• Like 3

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

6 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

Whatever the fine is for wearing black leggings when your team is purple and yellow is not enough. Your team should be penalized in the game.

it's time for the NFL to get medieval.  You want to wear black leggings with purple pants?  Your leg gets cut off where the violation starts, so under knee (or over the knee for the idiots that wear their pants like shorts.)

You want to wear yellow sleeve(s) and you play for the Bills?  Bye bye arm(s).

You want to wear a slob shirt that goes down to your ass?  Well...

32 minutes ago, BBTV said:

You want to wear yellow sleeve(s) and you play for the Bills?  Bye bye arm(s).

Yeah but with that one, when you try to come back from it, people online say you actually died and were replaced with a clone. 

• LOL 1

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Bring him back, but give him more power:

mOj5pmp.png

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ahowe6464 said:

Unsure if the Patriots' combo has been confirmed, but I'm currently on my knees praying that they actually listen to fans and make blue over silver their official home combo. It makes watching them at least somewhat tolerable

I'd wish they'd wear the grey pants on the road too. I hate when teams match their pants and "socks" color