2024 NFL Season week by week uniform match-up combos: From HOF Game to Super Bowl LIX

1 hour ago, ltjets21 said:

I typically like white at home in early season home day games. I always feel it is out of place later in the year or at night unless you're the  bucs, dolphins, or cowboys. The new commanders at the end of the year in white does not feel right. I thought somehow it did work for the jets in their two primetime games early in the season.

I think the appeal for the Jets came down to three things:

1. The Jets wore their throwbacks, which were more popular than their uniforms at the time.

2. The Jets have frequently worn white at home early in the season, so it didn't look out of place.

3. The set was worn with the correct pants and socks, which the Jets all but stopped doing with the white jersey by that point.

It might have also helped that those were among the Jets' most competitive games last season.

• Like 3

On 7/16/2024 at 5:32 PM, throwmesomepics said:

https://www.steelers.com/schedule/event-calendar/game-themes/

Steelers released their game themes for 2024. Couldn't confirm any uniform news after skimming this but they could wear block number throwbacks vs the Jets or Browns since those are the Alumni Weekend and Hall of Honor games

I think the all black color rush will either be against the Cowboys or Giants. Pittsburgh has always worn the all black in primetime games, save for a couple of times. The 2022 game against Cincinnati was originally a prime time game that got flexed out of it, and the 2018 game against New England.

When they wore the block numbers for the Packers game was it an alumni weekend or hall of honor game?

7RwWjeL.png

Jaguars say their throwbacks will "debut" against the Colts in Week 5, which generally implies that they will be worn a second time. The Vikings and Seahawks did something similar last season with their throwbacks, announcing only the first game. I also don't think they would be done with it that early in the season. Could end up seeing the black jersey for the London game in Week 7 and then the throwback again for one of these games:

Week 10 vs. MIN

Week 13 vs. HOU

Week 15 vs. NYJ

35 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

7RwWjeL.png

Jaguars say their throwbacks will "debut" against the Colts in Week 5, which generally implies that they will be worn a second time. The Vikings and Seahawks did something similar last season with their throwbacks, announcing only the first game. I also don't think they would be done with it that early in the season. Could end up seeing the black jersey for the London game in Week 7 and then the throwback again for one of these games:

Week 10 vs. MIN

Week 13 vs. HOU

Week 15 vs. NYJ

If the Colts were to wear blue socks with their road getup in that game, then we would have a basically perfect uniform matchup. 

• Like 3

HOF game has been posted for a while and we are in July and less than a month out from the entire preseason starting so lets get things really going.

Preseason Week 1 (Part 1)
Panthers at Patriots
ey1NRRX.jpg3t4UxoA.jpg
Lions at Giants
E3kNF5s.jpgCq5AwQV.jpg
Falcons at Dolphins
WvaT0zf.jpggmFC9CR.jpg
Texans at Steelers
TlAV14S.jpg 94zydCO.jpg
Eagles at Ravens
QnNpMQO.jpgq1uc8NL.jpg
Commanders at Jets
RxfYYdy.jpgnTSJsxo.jpg
Bears at Bills
Wm1MCnY.jpg G88vcGf.jpg
Raiders at Vikings
pnCmkta.jpgdp7TcST.jpg

Preseason Week 1 (Part 2)
Packers at Browns
B5xP8kc.jpgUm1aTUs.jpg
Buccaneers at Bengals
jlpQsZj.jpgfV5FPqb.jpg
Chiefs at Jaguars
M1XJuGl.jpgLLtQ8me.jpg
49ers at Titans
nNde5E4.jpgj2LChfg.jpg
Seahawks at Chargers
hhJ2o7q.jpgzgW3Ga4.jpg
Saints at Cardinals
BNsstwH.jpgLpK1rOH.jpg
Broncos at Colts
4k89m2M.jpg7TwJWWW.jpg
Cowboys at Rams
kIlzuIN.jpgiJl3JED.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Carolingian Steamroller said:

Not gonna lie, put some stripes on those white pants and this ain't a bad look.

tpTcjBs.jpeg

Not as good as with yellow pants…which already have stripes. 

• Like 1

Throwbacks against the Cowboys is refreshing.

Second year in a row that the red jersey will be worn twice against the Rams. Thought LA might just wear blue for that one this time.

Bucs in white at home through November again is stupid. (Yes, their next home game isn't until that Raiders game in December)

A 10 week stretch of no white on gold has got to be a first.

58 minutes ago, SportsFan12 said:

Second year in a row that the red jersey will be worn twice against the Rams. Thought LA might just wear blue for that one this time.

Bucs in white at home through November again is stupid. (Yes, their next home game isn't until that Raiders game in December)

Dolphins are wearing aqua against the Niners this year, hooray!

Kinda shocked that they're wearing the primaries for Week 1 primetime

1 hour ago, SportsFan12 said:

And of course the picture for their primary home set features a guy wearing the wrong socks. 

• Eyeroll 1

Updated predictions (it's really just predicting opponent sock combos at this point)

- Cowboys might wear their all-white star alternates

- I really am hoping for that Miami throwback game, but the Dolphins wearing the primary teal/white/teal would be perfectly acceptable as well

- The Lions will in all likelihood be either the all-white shown here, or blue leggings

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Wish the Niners went away from their tradition and wore the primary white in Seattle for once. This would've been gorgeous:

spacer.png

• Like 7

Vikings are inducting Bobby Bryant into their ring of honor September 22nd against the Texans. Could be a throwback game.

Guessing the other one will be the home game against the Packers December 29th since they're wearing the new winter whiteouts against the Bears in their only primetime game.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, udubfan19 said:

week 1 predictions37jy0tD.png

d1dlNvY.png

I guess Brazil walked back those local regulations, since the Eagles have announced three other alternate games and don't have any alternate slots left.

I think we're more likely to get black leggings for the Panthers and navy leggings for the Titans. I also have no faith in the Broncos to wear contrasting pants and socks.

Since Commies/Bucs is an early-season Florida game and temperature is the biggest concern, I think the Commies wear white pants.

I'd be very disappointed if the Lions don't go with blue/silver for the new uniform's debut.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ruttep said:

I guess Brazil walked back those local regulations, since the Eagles have announced three other alternate games and don't have any alternate slots left.

I think we're more likely to get black leggings for the Panthers and navy leggings for the Titans. I also have no faith in the Broncos to wear contrasting pants and socks.

Since Commies/Bucs is an early-season Florida game and temperature is the biggest concern, I think the Commies wear white pants.

I'd be very disappointed if the Lions don't go with blue/silver for the new uniform's debut.

Did you see a black jersey game announced for the Eagles or where is this third game aside from the two kelly green ones?

The league did confirm that green is fine for Brazil.