NHL replacement players

Stampman

90e05ad3.png

With the lockout I thought I'd post how I created myself in NHL 2002--It doesn't really look like me, but it's the closest I could get--

If you have a version of ANY hockey game where you can create a player--and you've "created" yourself--let's see it here--just for fun.

(In my case wearing one of the best Uniforms in the NHL--too bad they didn't go back to them)

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

I created myself for Strat-O-Matic hockey. That was about 15 years ago though.

Some cable TV station is going to simulate the whole 04-05 season with one of the many current video games. And now for the life of me I can't remember their name. They are planning on posting all the results on their web site. They will literally simulate the games on the day they were supposed to be played. Let's hope that isn't the closest we get to NHL hockey this season.

Detroit Dragons - 2010 ULL Gait Cup Champions

Detroit Cougars - 2010 and 2011 WAFA Wills Cup Champions

Face in the Game was one of the coolest things ever. I don't know that I have a full-sized version anymore, but:

nhl2002.jpg

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I actually put pretty much my entire hockey team into NHL 2002 using Face in the Game. (I also put in our jerseys and such, because it was easier to do then.) They were stunningly accurate.

POTD 2013-08-22

NHL 95 was hands downt he coolest hockey game ever....man do I wish I still had my copy of it

they're so easy to find! go to any thrift store or used video game shop. They're everywhere. I actually have 3 copies of the game for genesis - don't ask me why.

Or you could download the rom, if you can find it somewhere. Be sure to get the genesis version.

Is NHL '95 the one that had the first-person hockey thing, too?

I think you're thinking of Stanley Cup hockey for SNES (circa 1993) which ranks as one of the worst hockey video games of all time. Unplayable.

I loved NHL '95! I played that then I was 10! I remember replacing all the players on the Kings with my friends and myself. Plus, the fights were hilarious, and it was interesting how the Blackhawks were the one team that actually had their own unique organ music. Brings back memories... :cry:

VmWIn6B.png

I loved NHL '95! I played that then I was 10! I remember replacing all the players on the Kings with my friends and myself. Plus, the fights were hilarious, and it was interesting how the Blackhawks were the one team that actually had their own unique organ music. Brings back memories... :cry:

the blues also had "when the saints go marching in"

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

You guys might be thinking of the wrong game (although all of the early years of the EA NHL games were awesome).

NHL 94 and NHL 95 didn't have fighting. The NHL made EA take it out of their game because they thought it made their game look too violent. Anyway, they brought it back for 96 and it's been there ever since :).

Incidentally, EA is coming out with NHL 95 and Madden 95 in a plug and play game system:

NHL 95 and Madden 95

I almost bought one of the arcade nes like this--if I ever see one with Berserk-I will--but the old 16 bit MAdden & NHL would be cool---

And I know it was 95 I had--I don't recall any fights in it...

Hey any other custom players out there?

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

*looks at rack of CD-ROMS*

Besides FIFA/MLS 2002, NBA Live, and NBA Live 2000, I have NHL Hockey 95 (that's what the CD says!), and NHL 96, 98, 99, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004. And I think I have an online coupon here for EA.com, which means I should buy a copy of 2005 soon.

Game consoles, bah. Gimme the PC versions any day.

POTD 2013-08-22

*looks at rack of CD-ROMS*

Besides FIFA/MLS 2002, NBA Live, and NBA Live 2000, I have NHL Hockey 95 (that's what the CD says!), and NHL 96, 98, 99, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, and 2004. And I think I have an online coupon here for EA.com, which means I should buy a copy of 2005 soon.

Game consoles, bah. Gimme the PC versions any day.

What? No Madden?

Currently installed I have Madden 2004, NHL 2002, Tiger Woods 2002, FIFA 2002, MVP 2003--I have 2 older versions of Madden (2002 will work--97 won't), Monday Night Football, NHL 95 (doesn't work), and on an older computer Earl Weaver Baseball--the best PC baseball game, and World Class Leader board--

possibly othes I'm forgetting...

Archived