Dodger Stadium

Pro Player Stadium

Bank One Ballpark

Ameriquest Field

what do you all think?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It sounds like they're planning on playing it in the spring. There'd be locales in different parts of the world. In the US, Bank One Ballpark is the only one I'm sure is a strong candidate. Good weather, retractable roof if it should rain, a bunch of ballplayers already in town for the Cactus League.

It sounds like they're planning on playing it in the spring. There'd be locales in different parts of the world. In the US, Bank One Ballpark is the only one I'm sure is a strong candidate. Good weather, retractable roof if it should rain, a bunch of ballplayers already in town for the Cactus League.

Who wants to fly into Phoenix though?

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

It sounds like they're planning on playing it in the spring.  There'd be locales in different parts of the world.  In the US, Bank One Ballpark is the only one I'm sure is a strong candidate.  Good weather, retractable roof if it should rain, a bunch of ballplayers already in town for the Cactus League.

:blink:

Welcome to DrunjFlix

I'm just saying that it would be more appealing to have it in a more renounced city like New York, Chicago or Los Angeles. You know, true baseball cities!

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I'm just saying that it would be more appealing to have it in a more renounced city...

re·nounce ( P ) Pronunciation Key (r-nouns)

v. re·nounced, re·nounc·ing, re·nounc·es

v. tr.

To give up (a title, for example), especially by formal announcement. See Synonyms at relinquish.

To reject; disown.

-----

Judge not, lest ye be judged. :rolleyes:

re·nounce    ( P )  Pronunciation Key  (r-nouns)

v. re·nounced, re·nounc·ing, re·nounc·es

v. tr.

To give up (a title, for example), especially by formal announcement. See Synonyms at relinquish.

To reject; disown.

-----

Judge not, lest ye be judged. :rolleyes:

I meant to say renowned but I guess you got me.

Retired Number's To Come

I'm just saying that it would be more appealing to have it in a more renounced city like New York, Chicago or Los Angeles. You know, true baseball cities!

World Series Head-to-Head Record: Arizona 1, New York 0

Know that!

World Series Head-to-Head Record: Arizona 1, New York 0

Know that!

Who really cares? We're not comparing the Diamondbacks to the Yankees and even if we were the Yankees outweigh the Diamondbacks by far. New York just has more of a international appeal than Phoenix. Now I'm assuming you're from the Phoenix area so it's probably your biased opinion that Phoenix should be considered first but let's get real.

Are we talking about a host city that would host this event a majority of the time within the U.S.?

Retired Number's To Come

Why not have it one in NY, one in Atlanta, one in SF, one in Seattle, and one in Kansas City?

They aren't big baseball cities, and weather ain't always perfect for all of them..but it shows a certain regional flavor for each that would really show what america is..especially with all those Japanese tourists.

MouthoftheSouth.jpg

I don't speak for democrats, democrats don't speak for me.

Well it's kind of a question like "Would you rather hold the World's Fair in the world famous NYC or Phoenix a city that's out in the middle of the desert and doesn't have much international appeal". The choice is quite obvious to me and I would assume it would be for the rest of the world. I'm not knocking down Phoenix because I happen to like the city but I have to get real.

Retired Number's To Come

Well it's kind of a question like "Would you rather hold the World's Fair in the world famous NYC or Phoenix a city that's out in the middle of the desert and doesn't have much international appeal". The choice is quite obvious to me and I would assume it would be for the rest of the world. I'm not knocking down Phoenix because I happen to like the city but I have to get real.

Well a baseball tournament in New York in February/March would be just plain stupid.

Unless you like baseball in the snow.

I'm thinking it would be a World Cup of Hockey type scenerio, with two pools... games at the two Japanese Domes, and games at Dodger Stadium/SBC Park.

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" • News • Facebook • X/Twitter • Instagram

Well a baseball tournament in New York in February/March would be just plain stupid.

True but that's if they are played then.

Retired Number's To Come

True but that's if they are played then.

Assuming it's going to be played in North America, I think spring is the only time that makes sense. If you do it in the summer you're interrupting the regular season. If you do it in the fall, you're interrupting the playoffs or, at best, you're gonna have most of the players fatigued/injured/ready for vacation, in which event you won't get any turnout. If you want to do it in the winter time you'd have to do it in domes or warm weather cities only.

If and when it happens, the World Cup of Baseball would need to be a springtime event. And that makes PHX a natural locale, for all the reasons I stated above. I'm not saying it's the most cosmopolitan city in the world, but for these purposes it makes a ton of sense. Besides, as a Diamondbacks season ticket holder (oh, joy) I'd prolly get first dibs on tickets. :D

Archived