Color gurus... can you help me match a color?

ColeJ

the RGB for this color is 223-141-7...

tequila-gold.png

does any team that you know of use a color similar to this? the yellows i find are too green, and the oranges i find are too red... i can't find a good orangey-yellow anywhere.

The absolute closest I can think of is the Nashville Predators, but their's is a lighter shade.

yeah, the preds piping is a little too light... just checked my white mike dunham jersey... and the third jersey is too dark and unsaturated.....

-sigh-

Maybe the San Jose Sharks? The primary logo has a burnt orange

thanks for the suggestion, as it IS fairly close... however, that won't help me one bit... :(

that place where avenger got his rooster pilots jersey is going to make my texas tequila hockey jerseys... and we're trying to figure out where we can get mesh in tequila colors (tequila gold and lime green)

The closest Pantone color to that is 144 C. Don't know of any team that uses that color though. It's also relatively close to 138 C as well...a color that used to be used by the Kansas City Royals (the crown in their logo) and the Milwaukee Bucks in their former logo.

As far as what's in my database, the following franchises used (or use) 144 C:

• El Paso Buzzards (Western Professional Hockey League)
  • Hawaiian Islanders (arenafootball2)
  • Edinburg Roadrunners (Central League)
  • 1995 Super Bowl
  • 1997 American Bowl
  • Northwest League 2004 All-Star Game

Looks similar to the Thrashers orange.. though any answer I provide AFTER pantone means I have no idea what I'm talking about.

;)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

How close is that color to the University of Texas' orange? I tried putting them up side by side with the Longhorns logo I have (I don't know if it's correct Pantone colors), but your color is slightly more brown. Texas' orange seems closer to burnt orange, not as bright as Tennessee, but maybe it's a closer match than any other pro team.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Pantone... are the University of Texas' Burnt Orange and the Durham Bulls' "Texas Tan" the exact same color? If not, is the Bulls' "Texas Tan" closer to what Cole has posted here? Just a thought.

No, actually the Bulls' "Texas Tan" is more like a Brown:

DURHAM BULLS TEXAS TAN

i know nothing about how things like this work, so do you think if i told the company who's making the jerseys which pantone would work, that would help them find the fabric more easily?

he recommended capitals copper, but first of all, i don't want shimmer material, and second of all, the copper looks WAAY off to me.

Archived