New Syracuse Basketball Jerseys

Waffles

Why are people so enamored with changinf SU's bball and football jerseys?

THEY ARE FINE!

Classic and modern all in one.

Class of '98 and forever bleeding Orange.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Why are people so enamored with changinf SU's bball and football jerseys?

THEY ARE FINE!

Classic and modern all in one.

Class of '98 and forever bleeding Orange.

Well, the whole point of the identity overhaul was to correct the fact that we had a mess of different looks, logos and wordmarks floating all over the place, and the change to the jersey just incorporates the change.

The basketball team had its own logo and font and the football team is still the only one that wears blue uniforms. The new basketball jersey is just about the same as it was, except for the new wordmark and the change to blue from blue and white.

As much as our football jersey has finally grown on me in its own right, I would still like to see it change to something more consistent with the rest of our overall look.

"We are pleased to be moving forward as the Orange," said SU Director of Athletics Jake Crouthamel. "We are unique in that we are the only college or university to have orange as its official color. This new look will showcase that."

The new home jersey is nice, but it still emphasizes blue more than orange, just like the old home jersey:

suaway7.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

I think Syracuse over-simplified the uniforms. At least the past version had orange outlines around the letters and numbers. These are solid blue, both on home and away. I think the characters should either be orange with blue outlines or blue w/orange outlines on the homes, but blue w/white outlines on the roads. For a team called the Orangemen (or just "Orange") the lack of orange on the home version is very ironic. Or contradictory. Whatever.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I think Syracuse over-simplified the uniforms. At least the past version had orange outlines around the letters and numbers. These are solid blue, both on home and away. I think the characters should either be orange with blue outlines or blue w/orange outlines on the homes, but blue w/white outlines on the roads. For a team called the Orangemen (or just "Orange") the lack of orange on the home version is very ironic. Or contradictory. Whatever.

I agree on both counts.

They aren't terrible jerseys in their own right; but they got rid, to some extent, of the things that really worked about their predecesors and didn't correct where the other jerseys fell short (not enough orange, strange piping, etc.)

Archived