Scranton Eagles

JQK

Current

e-logo.GIF

"Seattle-Style" Concept

ScrantonEaglesWatermark.gif

My brother played for this team in the early 90's, and i will be trying out for them next year. Just felt like the logo (which is a seattle rip-off) could use a little remodeling (which is also a seattle rip-off)

P.S. Can you tell i'm in love with that Anaheim font??? :P

Stay Tuned Sports Podcast
sB9ijEj.png

Nice update. I read it as a Seahawk more than an Eagle though. I think biologically there's some physical difference, but it would just be tweaking what you haver a little bit. I'd thicken up some of the lines for consistency (around the eye the lines thin out a bit). I like the use of the Angels font, but give Scranton a little more emphasis. I referee in a semi-pro league in New England, and most of the teams are known by their cities, not their nicknames.

Semi-Pro leagues like this want to have as many fans as possible, so emphasizing the city name more, it makes it easier for the fans to know where the teams play (who you play for? Eagles who? oh, Scranton!) ok, bad analogy

let me guess, at 6-8 400lbs, you're going out for wideout, right? :D

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

very nice work, love the wordmark. One thing I dont like is the blue outline outside of the heavy white around the eagle. Maybe make the blue the thinker one and white into a trim of some sort. Just my 2-cent. :)

Doh!

...give Scranton a little more emphasis. I referee in a semi-pro league in New England, and most of the teams are known by their cities, not their nicknames.

Semi-Pro leagues like this want to have as many fans as possible, so emphasizing the city name more, it makes it easier for the fans to know where the teams play (who you play for? Eagles who? oh, Scranton!) ok, bad analogy

That may be true, but in all the semi-pro leagues i've been a part of (either through my brother or myself) a team never really emphasized one over the other.

Empire Football League, Garden State Football League, United Football League, all the teams were bassically marketed the same. They has some teams that were Town oriented (Watertown Red & Black, Greenfalls Greenjackets), and others that were equally Town and Nickname oriented.

sB9ijEj.png

I love the Seahawks logo and you did a nice job of paying homage to it.

Do you have a helmet concept in mind (shell and facemask colors and/or striping)?

Their helmet is white, and the logo wraps around just like the seahawks, so i'll have to modify this logo to do that, but that is their design, so why change it?

sB9ijEj.png

Nice update. I read it as a Seahawk more than an Eagle though. I think biologically there's some physical difference...

And the fact, of course, that seahawks don't really exist. <_<

Nice update. I read it as a Seahawk more than an Eagle though. I think biologically there's some physical difference...

And the fact, of course, that seahawks don't really exist. <_<

I was gonna bring that up, but, i decided not to..

....let the boy dream.............

sB9ijEj.png

I love the Seahawks logo and you did a nice job of paying homage to it.

Do you have a helmet concept in mind (shell and facemask colors and/or striping)?

Their helmet is white, and the logo wraps around just like the seahawks, so i'll have to modify this logo to do that, but that is their design, so why change it?

I wasn't saying that it needed to be changed, just wondering what your plans were.

8QSKdCG.png

thats really cool, and will surely make an awesome helmet, no matter if its red, white, or blue, or whatever. im questioning the white around the eye, though. it makes it look like it has a really big eye.

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

thats really cool, and will surely make an awesome helmet, no matter if its red, white, or blue, or whatever. im questioning the white around the eye, though. it makes it look like it has a really big eye.

The white part around his eye is not part of the eye. The eye starts with the blue, then the gray, then the blue pupil.

sB9ijEj.png

I very much like the updated "Seattle Inspired" (sounds so much nicer than "ripoff") bird. My only recommendation is to get rid of the upturn at the corner of its mouth. An eagle should be stoic and resolute - totally unemotional. This is a good adaptation.

Archived