Red Sox win

lopernv

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Athletes in every sport are all about superstition.  Game day meals, playoff hair and beards, routines, and the list goes on and on.

Sure, man. But they didn't catch, bat, throw, run and pitch only being superstitious.

They must to use their bodies doing that stuff.

Being superstitious only give you some "mental tranquillity".

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

In all the years of the Yankees/Red Sox post-season rivalries, I kind of figured the Red Sox were probably gonna win one of these times. Last year was close, but not to be. It seemed to be as if their really was a curse put on them that they could never defeat the Yankees.

But it's not so much the fact that the Red Sox finally won a series against the Yankees, but the fact that they did it in the absolute most amazing way possible. When the Yankees win, it's never much of a surprise, but when the Red Sox finally win it, they make sure to add a big fat exclamation mark to it.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

champssig2.png
Follow me on Twitter if you care: @Animal_Clans.

My opinion may or may not be the same as yours. The choice is up to you.

Well, I tip my cap to the Red Sox, congrats on a nice comeback and game 7. They way they played they desereved to win.

I don't think they will win the WS, I said going into game 7 that the NLCS winner will win the world Series because both the Red Sox and Yankees spent their pitching staffs trying to get in the world series. Much like last year.

Wow this was a great series. But now I think the Yankees are cursed. After getting A-Rod in a deal for somereason the red sox couldn't pull off, the Yankees rubbed the sox' noses in the fact that "We got A-Rod and you didn't." Half teh reason tehy got A-Rod was because george steinbrenner hates the Red Sox and wanted to get what they couldn't to call themselves a better team. The Curse of A-Rod has someone said in this board somewhere.

Think about all the chances they had to win. They were in teh lead twice with a guy who is supposed to be 'the best closer in the MLB' and they blow it twice. A ball in the right field corner took a weird bounce and made it over the fence, a hit that would of probably won the game if it wasn't a ground rule double. In the extra inning games almost every extra inning they had a serious chance to score. They were facing a guy on the mound who had serious ankle problems. Then in game 7 they couldn't get more than 1 hit off a pitcher who is on 2 days rest.

The yankees are now the team that got so close, the team that was supposed to do it. Then they choked.

To fully appreciate the magnitude of the Red Sox accomplishment, I present a list of cities that had last night's Game 7 win on the front page of their newspaper:

Anchorage, AK

Santa Rosa, CA

San Diego, CA

Colorado Springs, CO

Denver, CO

New London, CT

Hartford, CT

Norwich, CT

Meriden, CT

Wilmington, DE

Washington, DC

Charlotte, FLA

Daytona Beach, FLA

Fort Myers, FLA

Palm Beach, FLA

Tampa, FLA

Boise, ID

Portland, ME

Lewiston, ME

Frederick, MD

St. Paul, MN

Las Vegas, NV

Manchester, NH

Parsippany, NJ

Albuquerque, NM

Buffalo, NY

Syracuse, NY

Poughkeepsie, NY

Rochester, NY

Middletown, NY

Albany, NY

Raleigh, NC

Elyria, OH

Columbus, OH

Dayton, OH

Cleveland, OH

Portland, OR

Harrisburg, PA

Philadelphia, PA

Allentown, PA

Providence, RI

Abilene, TX

Dallas, TX

Austin, TX

Fort Worth, TX

Burlington, VT

Rutland, VT

Roanoke, VA

Olympia, WA

Madison, WI

USA Today

Toronto

Calgary

Montreal

Winnipeg

Impressive. Most impressive.

Four wins to go.

[EDIT: Meriden spelling.]

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Now, the Red Sox play Cardinals... I doubt they can beat them... I didn't think that the Red Sox could take revenge after the 1946 and 1967 defeats.

The Cards have 105 victories in regular season. Too big for the Red Sox.

pennants.png

It's great to be young and a Giant! - Larry Doyle

Now, the Red Sox play Cardinals... I doubt they can beat them... I didn't think that the Red Sox could take revenge after the 1946 and 1967 defeats.

The Cards have 105 victories in regular season. Too big for the Red Sox.

Regular season wins means nothing right now. The Red Sox are playing inspired baseball.

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived