Astros

brinkeguthrie

which brings me to a question or two.

1) i remember reading once somewhere that the Yankees (snicker, snicker) were considering wearing a gray version of the home pinstripes, on the road. i swear i read this, but it was years ago. true?

2) as I live in the shadow of PacBell Park, don't the Giants ever wear their black alt's anymore? never saw them 1x this year.

IMO alt. jerseys that don't have piping down the front look like warmups and are unprofessional. Come on, astros. That was game 7, not casual friday.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

The Padres' uniforms are only slightly less ugly than the Astros' uniforms. But the Padres' uniforms aren't incongruous. You can have Padres in modern times, hence modern uniforms. You can't have "Astros" in the Olde Weste.

They actually have three alternates - a red home alt and a red road alt, as well as a pinstripe-less home alt. Only the Mets have a comparable uniform mess.

I don't understand why people complain about the fact that the Astros have several alts. They have 2. One is the white without pinstripes (home) and one is red (road).

If the Astros uniforms don't fit the name, what about the Padres?

But there's a difference. While I like the Astros uniforms, would prefer a different name with them, but like the uniforms -- The name Astros conveys something of a futuristic feel, or a 'space-age' feel, if you will. The uniforms convey an old west feel. The jerseys are basically contradicting to the team name, in my opinion, while the Padres jerseys and name i guess just kind of don't go together.

IUe6Hvh.png

The Padres' uniforms are only slightly less ugly than the Astros' uniforms. But the Padres' uniforms aren't incongruous. You can have Padres in modern times, hence modern uniforms.

Padres who surf?

And I guess I count the road and home reds as the same.

You can count them as different if you want, but they are different alternates. Just as the Mets' home blacks and road blacks are different alts.

Why can't a padre surf? That's hardly incongruous. You're confusing a scheme that is not directly related to the name, like the Padres, with a scheme in direct conflict with the name, like the Olde Weste Astros.

I won't waste much time defending the new Padres scheme, which is to my eye hideous. But it's certainly not on the order of the "Olde Weste" Astros, where the nickname and logos just plain don't match.

It's like the Toronto Blue Jays not wearing blue. We've slammed them pretty hard on these boards, and they deserve all the ridicule we can heap upon them.

Either make the change to South Texas Railmen or abandon the South Texas Railmen logos and colors. But make up your mind.

I agree with swisher that the 1960s Astros uniforms are the best.

First and foremost, the Astros need to go back to the navy blue cap with the orange star and the white block H. That cap has always said Astros.

And the only difference I would have is for the visiting uniforms, have that same shooting star effect, except have it over the word HOUSTON.

Archived