MLB Player Movement

jrodsep

Read it here - Bobby Cox and Terry Pendaltonwill turn Mondesi around.

You are the same folks who bellyached the JD Drew signing.

Aren't you?

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never said anything bad about J.D. Drew being signed - he was, at least, young. Mondesi is 37 - and I don't think there's too much anyone can do with him - but I'll reserve judgment - the Braves' caoaching staff has been known to turn more than one player around.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

JD Drew had one good season. He'll be the biggest bust next year. The braves would have been border-line mental signing him to that much money. There was no turn around for JD Drew, he finally stayed healthy. He always put up ok numbers, but always in injury hampered seasons. With the rest of the People in St. Louis, I waited about 7 years for a injury free/productive season to happen and it never did. He did well for the Braves last year. No way he deserved 10 million a year.

Mondesi for the right price wouldn't be a bad addition. If you can get any player that has proformed before at a minimum, it rarely comes back to haunt you.

But for the wrong price, they always come back to haunt you.

I don't think Drew will be a bust. Plus, on a general level: I'd rather have a player who finally came out with a good season rather than a guy who hasn't had a goood season since 2001 and has spent the last three seasons on five different teams.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

1 million for 1 year on a risk or 55 million for 5 years on one good season?

You didn't sit through every spring hearing that this year was the year Drew finally came into his own. 31/98/.305 isn't anything to sneeze at. But its nothing to get to go nuts over either. He averages 122 games played and 20/60/.285 during his "full seasons." He's worth 55 million?

Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. But I'd rather take a cheap chance on mondesi than an expensive risk on Drew.

Hense why I'm not against the Cardinals Signing Alomar. He's a potential hall of famer and if they can sign him under a million, why not? You could have a guy like Womack who you sign for nothing and he turns it around. Or you have a Rodger Cedeno who was always a "cancer" on other teams, but he became a huge piece in the Cardinals puzzle last year.

The Risk is minimal is all I'm saying basically.

Mondesi's a flake, let alone washed up... case in point, ditching the pirates, then skipping out on his rehap assignment witht he angels

and, I really hope drew's a flop, just to put the dodgers in their place!

VmWIn6B.png

JD Drew jinxed himself way back when, hiring Scott Boras and screwing Philly.

semperfi.gif

"It is the soldier, not the reporter, who has given us freedom of the

press. It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us freedom of

speech. It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who has given us

the freedom to demonstrate. And it is the soldier who salutes the

flag, serves beneath the flag, whose coffin is draped by the flag, and

who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Marine Chaplain Dennis Edward O' Brien

in MLB.

Anyway, all you Cardinals Fans complaining about JD Drew, now you know how the Reds feel..(Ken Griffey Jr. anyone?)

No need to go that far! :P

Tanks right, he is a good player. He's always been a player that has potential. Someday he was gonna have his year. Well it took 7 seasons and finally, I think last year was his year. Somehow he found a team to give him 10 million To miss 40 games a year, play above average defense and hit 25/90/.290. Kudos to him.

Well forget about ALomar in St. Louis he just signed to play in that baseball graveyard known as Tropicana Field, where he will toil in annomity, like others before him including McGriff, Boggs, and Canseco.

ecyclopedia.gif

www.sportsecyclopedia.com

For the best in sports history go to the Sports E-Cyclopedia at

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com

champssigtank.png

He went to a last place team for 100,000 a year I heard. (500,000 from cardinals vs. 600,000 for the Devil Rays) But he'll automatically start and in St. Louis at best he would have been battling for 2nd base with Luna and Gruz.

JD Drew jinxed himself way back when, hiring Scott Boras and screwing Philly.

Then again, there are probably Philly-haters in here that will tell you that is the greatest thing JD has ever done in his career.

He'll always be JD Boo in Philadelphia, though.

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

I can't remember...who did the cardinals give up for JD Drew? Anyone remember?

Well, Drew started his MLB career with the Cards, so I guess you mean who did they get for him? If that's it, the Cards traded J.D. Drew and C/OF Eli Marrero to Atlanta for three pitchers: rightys Jason Marquis and Adam Wainwright and left Ray King on December 12, 2003.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

That's not what I ment. I ment I couldn't remember how they aquired him from the Phils in the first place. I thought the cardinals traded for his rights, But some research I found out he was drafted, refused to sign (which I knew) and then became draft eligable the next year again. The cardinals then picked him and signed him.

So he wasn't traded for, he was drafted by the cardinals. I got confused.

Archived