Iowa Stars AHL Hockey Concept...

ColeJ

iowastars.png

iowastarsroad.png

iowastarsthird.png

any and all comments or suggestions are always welcome... i wish the I-Stars played this season... at least give me SOME hockey team to follow, without the NHL. (also, i know the reebok logos may not be completely accurate... i don't know much about AHL uniforms, so i don't know who generally makes them, or where the logos tend to go... just ignore the reebok logo, as it's obviously not anything important to the concept)

too stars-ey

It's supposed to be, DarthMan; the I-Stars will be Dallas' AHL affiliate next season.

Nice work, Cole; I was expecting something based on the Mooterus template! B)

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

I like everything about them except maybe the outline of the state of Iowa. Not making an Iowa joke or dig here, It's just that "Iowa" isn't very iconic, where the state of Texas is more of an icon and a more interesting shape.

Well done! :notworthy:

JeffB

HansonsSig.jpg

Click here to read Third String Goalie - The Hockey Jersey of the Day Blog

Click here to see my hockey and baseball jersey collection online

?You don?t like to see 20 kids punching 20 other kids. But it?s not a disgrace, It?s hockey.? - Michael Farber

I like everything but the pants... I know that it's a tribute to the original Dallas pants, but four letters just seem to look funny to me, especially with the "I" being kinda narrow.

I do like the prominence of white on the dark jersey... looks clean.

I like the primaries a lot and I think the state outline patches work just fine for a minor league team. As far as the pants go, I think if you increase the size of the letters and get them to go all the way down the side of the pants it will look much better. This is a nice blend (a hybrid, to use a more Iowa-appropriate term) of original and parent-team designs. Well done.

thanks for all the good feedback.

i agree with keith about the IOWA text not looking as nice as DALLAS used to, because I's are so skinny... however, the "it doesn't go all the way up" argument isn't as big a deal as it looks in this concept. dallas didn't go all the way to the hip either. it just looked like it, because the jerseys cover all the black space.

and about the mooterus template... i see nothing fundamentally wrong with the SHAPE of this jersey :) i wouldn't mind a new dallas stars alternate being based off it. so i figured why not use it. the problem with the mooterus is the logo and colors :) which i'm sure you agree.

besides, i wanted something that made it look remotely dallas-like, would also allow me to have a lop-sided design, to fix their lop-sided logo.

You might even be able to get away with "Dallas" pants, as I've seen many AHL teams wearing their exact NHL affiliate's pants. Of course, I don't know if any of them have the city name or anything, just logos.

Most of the Lowell LockMonsters have the Carolina Hurricanes logo & wordmark on their pants. I haven't noticed if any of the Flames players wear the Hurricanes pants, but I think they might be team-issued. The jerseys have the Hurricanes secondary logo patches on the shoulders.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

You might even be able to get away with "Dallas" pants, as I've seen many AHL teams wearing their exact NHL affiliate's pants. Of course, I don't know if any of them have the city name or anything, just logos.

yeah, but dallas hasn't worn "dallas" on their pants since 1998-99.... since they switched to the stars-shaped jerseys full time, they've just worn solid black pants, to keep things from looking too busy.

i miss the old "DALLAS" pants... they were so simple, yet unique. i was all excited to see the stars would be wearing white star-shaped jerseys after they won the cup... i didn't notice until like the second or third game of the 99-00 season that the dallas was gone. lol.

plus, from what i've read, some of the new fans of the iowa stars (if you can even be a fan of a team that doesn't exist yet) aren't completely happy with the fact that they didn't get to choose some new "aggresive" logo or name for their team, and got stuck with a clone of their pro affiliate....... sorta hurtful for a dallas fan :) they don't wanna join our family... i guess some of them would rather be known as the IceHoggzzz or something like that...

i'm just glad it was nothing mooterus-like in the logo...

On a side note, why won't ESPN televise minor league hockey games? I'm sure ratings would be similar.

i think that answers your question :)

if they broadcast an infomercial for pillows that use NASA technology during the time slot that they normally play hockey, then they'll have the same amount of ratings, plus get more cash in advertisments :)

for some reason, all of us on this site seem to love the game... but we're in the minority.

awsome concept.

:notworthy:

i agree with cole, theres nothing wrong with the mooterus design its just the colors and the uterus stars logo the stars use. in fact the mooterus applied with different color schemes and logos looks pretty good.

Magus.png

General Magus Zeal

Leader of the Mystics of Medina.

The forums most hated member ever.

awsome concept.

:notworthy:

i agree with cole, theres nothing wrong with the mooterus design its just the colors and the uterus stars logo the stars use. in fact the mooterus applied with different color schemes and logos looks pretty good.

I agree with everything said here, but I'll go a step further. I actually do like the Mooterus jersey, the thing is it just isn't a Dallas Stars jersey. You guys follow? I think it would be good as it's own team, but it's a stretch for the Stars. I like that gold one they introduced but never used a few years back.

plus, from what i've read, some of the new fans of the iowa stars (if you can even be a fan of a team that doesn't exist yet) aren't completely happy with the fact that they didn't get to choose some new "aggresive" logo or name for their team, and got stuck with a clone of their pro affiliate....... sorta hurtful for a dallas fan :) they don't wanna join our family... i guess some of them would rather be known as the IceHoggzzz or something like that...

i'm just glad it was nothing mooterus-like in the logo...

and yet they give their support to the Iowa Cubs, (then again, the I-Cubs look different enough from the Cubbies nowadays that it doesn't really matter). they'll come around, don't sweat it.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

Archived