Just in - Every CFL jersey to change

Phil

I contacted my in at the CFL, and was told it's all said and done.

The gaudy mistakes they will make have already been made. The new classics they will accidentally stumble upon have already been accidentally stumbled upon. The grave crime of not contacting the CCSLC when redesigning has already been committed.

Yes, I am that cynical.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The gaudy mistakes they will make have already been made. The new classics they will accidentally stumble upon have already been accidentally stumbled upon. The grave crime of not contacting the CCSLC when redesigning has already been committed.

Yes, I am that cynical.

Have you heard a potential date for any changes to be revealed, Phil?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Yes, I am that cynical.

Have you heard a potential date for any changes to be revealed, Phil?

He didn't mention any.

He did mention that with (club president) Bauer soon being out of the office, things around there will be getting thrown off a little. So I'm not surprised they don't have a date in the first place, and if they did have one, I wouldn't be surprised if it gets changed.

On another note, get well soon Lyle!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

FROM THE OFFICIAL REEBOK WEBSITE- DATED FROM OCTOBER???

THE CFL AND REEBOK ANNOUNCE MULTI-YEAR ALLIANCE

Reebok named the official on-field and sideline supplier of the Canadian Football League

Toronto, ON (October 08, 2003) ?quot; The Canadian Football League and Reebok Canada announced today a multi-year, multi-million dollar partnership that designates Reebok the official on-field and sideline supplier to the CFL starting in 2004. The Agreement was reached following a comprehensive competitive review process conducted in partnership with Licensing Partners International (LPI) Canada on behalf of the League.

As part of the agreement, Reebok will provide uniforms, sideline apparel, footwear, gloves and accessories to all CFL member clubs. In the largest licensing partnership in the history of the CFL, Reebok also becomes an integrated marketing partner over the term of the agreement.

?Our ability to secure this landmark agreement stems from the ongoing growth this League has enjoyed over the past several years,? said Tom Wright, Commissioner of the CFL. ?Joining forces with Reebok places the CFL?s most important licensed category in the hands of a company that has proven itself to be among the very best in the sports world.?

?The power of the Reebok brand within Canada will continue to grow with this long term partnership? said Dennis Watson, Sales and Marketing Director, Reebok Canada. ?The hertiage of the CFL and the future opportunities this alliance brings together are tremendous.?

?Reebok?s underlying strength in retail, in the right channels and in the right stores, will re-establish the CFL as a major licensed product,? said Brent Scrimshaw, Senior Vice President of Marketing and Partnerships at the CFL. ?Our legendary trademarks will be showcased on a significantly expanded line of authentic apparel. Our brands will gain strength from each other as we embark on an aggressive joint marketing program.?

?It is exciting to have the opportunity to bring Reebok?s vast resources in sports licensing, marketing, and product development to the Canadian Football League,? said Dennis Watson, Sales and Marketing Director, Reebok Canada. ?The tradition and passion shared by the league and its fan base presents a mutual opportunity for Reebok, the CFL and its partners over the coming seasons.?

In addition to the CFL, Reebok has long term global licensing partnerships with the NFL, NBA, and the Liverpool Football Club.

About the Canadian Football League

The Canadian Football League (CFL) operates in nine leading cities across Canada. Connecting the strength and heritage of the past with the momentum of today and the promise of the future, the CFL celebrates Canada's game with fans across the nation. CFL specialty weekends - Canada Day Bash, Labour Day Classic and Gridiron Thanksgiving - and the East and West Division championships lead the way to Canada's oldest professional League championship, the Grey Cup. The 91st Grey Cup will be played in Regina, Saskatchewan on November 16, 2003. For more information, visit http://www.cfl.ca/.

About Reebok International Ltd.

Reebok International Ltd. (NYSE: RBK), headquartered in Canton, MA, is a leading worldwide designer, marketer and distributor of sports, fitness and casual footwear, apparel and equipment under the Reebok, Rockport, and Greg Norman Brands and footwear under the Polo Ralph Lauren Brand. Sales for 2002 totaled approximately $3.1 billion. Reebok can be accessed on the World Wide Web at www.reebok.com

For additional information:

Reebok Canada

Micki Rivers

Reebok Marketing Manager

Phone: (905) 713 4866

Email: micki.rivers@reebok.com

Canadian Football League

Alexis Redmond

Director, Marketing & Communications

Phone: (416) 322 9650

Email: aredmond@cfl.ca

We all have our little faults. Mine's in California.

• 2 months later...

This picture has been making the rounds. Anyone else disheartened yet?

There's no word as to whether they're confirmed to be like this, but this could surpass the NBDL in terms of conformity...

...please see below...

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

man, i really hope they don't use the same template for all the teams, ala WNBA.

although, in that pic, the only two jerseys from different teams with the same stripes are the Renegades and the Eskimos alternate (although the Edmonton one also has horizontal sleeve stripes). i think the Argos pic had the same striping as Ottawa, though. who knows. all the player unveilings so far have used last year's designs.

man, i really hope they don't use the same template for all the teams, ala WNBA.

although, in that pic, the only two jerseys from different teams with the same stripes are the Renegades and the Eskimos alternate (although the Edmonton one also has horizontal sleeve stripes). i think the Argos pic had the same striping as Ottawa, though. who knows. all the player unveilings so far have used last year's designs.

What you can't see is Saskatchewan at the bottom of the image (currently being cut off... I'll resize and repost.

Edit: Here we go...

Edit: see below...

I don't know why the image is being cut off, but I'll keep trying.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

These uniforms are gonna be a big test for the CFL. A lot is going well for the league. Ratings are up, attendance is up, pretty much no franchises are in danger of folding... could the league-wide introduction of horrible uniforms be something that the league can withstand, or will it turn around the CFL's recent string of good fortune?

What you can't see is Saskatchewan at the bottom of the image (currently being cut off... I'll resize and repost.

Edit: Here we go...

Edit: see below...

I don't know why the image is being cut off, but I'll keep trying.

now BC and Edmonton are only showing up

8prlQWA.png

I have a feeling this will work...

Esks2005.gif

Leos2005.gif

Gades2005.gif

Riders2005.gif

That Lions jersey has to be the most blatant recolor/rehash of another teams uniforms in another major league that I have ever seen, and the fact that they took it from MY team just utterly disgusts me <_<

Other than that, I kinda like the rest of the jerseys, especially the Riders ^_^

They're a little too similar to each other for my tastes-esp Renegades & Riders--but the Esks didn't change much--and the alt should work...

As for the Stamps--I'd seen the Renegades third & the Lions third as supposedly the Stamps...

It is possible these will just be fashion or "replica" jerseys...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

They're a little too similar to each other for my tastes-esp Renegades & Riders

Let's just all be happy that they arent both still called the roughriders.

*comic book guy voice*

ahem, they weren't both called Roughriders... one was the Roughriders and the other was the Rough Riders.

Thank you

*/comic book guy voice*

---

Chris Creamer
Founder/Editor, SportsLogos.Net

"The Mothership" News Facebook X/Twitter Instagram

Archived