Just in - Every CFL jersey to change

Phil

That's right.

For next season, every CFL jersey will change. Not jersey supplier (although the move to Reebok last year must have been an influence), but designs as well.

Some changes may be subtle (my sources say Calgary for one may only change very slightly), but others (Ticats obviously, but Bombers, Lions, probably Argos, and others) will be quite drastic.

Only specific I have is that the Lions are replacing white with silver.

Comments or speculation as to the nature of the change?

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That's right.

For next season, every CFL jersey will change. Not jersey supplier (although the move to Reebok last year must have been an influence), but designs as well.

Some changes may be subtle (my sources say Calgary for one may only change very slightly), but others (Ticats obviously, but Bombers, Lions, probably Argos, and others) will be quite drastic.

Only specific I have is that the Lions are replacing white with silver.

Comments or speculation as to the nature of the change?

Your sources wouldn't be 13thman.com, would they? ;)

I have heard that the Argos would be going back to a standard double blue, replacing the teal-y blue with the former powder blue they used in the 70s & 80s...along with BC using the orange throwbacks as their home jerseys.

I'm still unaware of the exact changes for the Bombers, though. It would be nice if they changed to a shade of blue that matches the FieldTurf in the endzones at CanadInns, but I know they're looking at a third jersey for the 75th season this year.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Has any other league ever done this, changing all the team's jerseys in one year? Also, is this CFL mandated or just a concidence?

I think that Reebok might have just tied everything in when they got the contract...or as part of it.

"I mean, as long as we're making the jerseys now anyway, how about a touch-up all around...?"

Can't believe Ottawa would change anything, though...a red alternate would be ginchy, though.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Maybe the Blue Bombers might actually wear enough blue to warrant the name.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

Actually, our football team isn't technically called the Blue Bombers. It's "Winnipeg Football Club." The 'Blue Bombers' tag is a nickname given to them years ago by a sportswriter (I forget which, Jack Wells? Vince Leah? Sy, help me out), after they pummeled an opponent, Joe "The Brown Bomber" Louis-stylee.

It just kinda stuck. Now quit bitching about us until you guys get a team in 2008.

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Do you know when the uniforms changing will be announced, pr do we have to wait untill football season starts ?

The CFL has yet to come out and announce that there will be a change, so no.

As for the origins of the "Blue Bombers" moniker, according to our media guide...

"While the Winnipegs were playing a 1936 exhibition game against the University of North Dakota, young Winnipeg Tribune sports writer Vince Leah remarked, ?These are the Blue Bombers of Western football? ? coining the phrase from Grantland Rice?s moniker for then-heavyweight boxing champion Joe Louis a.k.a. "The Brown Bomber".

From that day, the Winnipeg Football Club has been known as the Winnipeg Blue Bombers."

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

i hope they dont change the als...

The Als seem to change themselves.

Don't expect anything too drastic for all the teams, from what I've heard it will probably be changes in striping and such--other than the Lions, and probably the Argos colour changes---which won't be too dramatic...

The Stamps change their pants last year to a Redskin style stripe, and used the red & white pants more, and almost didn't use the black (good move).

They could use a better number font though...

And just in case you missed when I posted it earlier--What the RIder should wear

With all apologies to GMac...

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Here's a list of how I feel about teams changing uniforms:

EAST

Alouettes, Argos, and Renegades are fine. The Tigercats are probably changing their uniforms, since they just released the new logo.

WEST

B.C., Calgary, Saskatchewan and Winnipeg could use some tweaking, the Eskimos are fine.

CFL, whatever you do, PLEASE DON'T CHANGE MY ALS!!!!

Bah, pif-paf.

As previously stated, IMO, the Als have the most revolting jerseys in all of North-American football. Not just ugly, not just pug-ugly, not just fugly nor pug-fugly, but UGLY-UGLY. I hope Reebok, or whomever is in charge of whatnot, gives themselves a kick the the rear and figures something out to save the woeful things that Montrealers wear above their shoulder pads.

NHLPlayoffSigOTT.gif

Archived