Nationals Jerseys leaking to ebay

willieg21

Maybe, now that they've been leaked, they'll design new jerseys if the team stays in Washington. Anything would be nice compared to the white/red-grey/red jerseys that no other team uses, ya know, except the Angels, Cardinals, Braves, Reds, Red Sox, Phillies and Indians to some degree, at least.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Already covered in this thread.

Maybe, now that they've been leaked, they'll design new jerseys if the team stays in Washington.  Anything would be nice compared to the white/red-grey/red jerseys that no other team uses, ya know, except the Angels, Cardinals, Braves, Reds, Red Sox, Phillies and Indians to some degree, at least.

The jerseys were hours away from being released, there is no way they'll redesign them (not that they need to) should the Nationals stay in DC.

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Survival79  Posted on Saturday, December 18th, 2004 - 18:18:39

Already covered in this thread.

QUOTE (KennyRock @ Saturday, December 18th, 2004 - 18:06:08)

Maybe, now that they've been leaked, they'll design new jerseys if the team stays in Washington.  Anything would be nice compared to the white/red-grey/red jerseys that no other team uses, ya know, except the Angels, Cardinals, Braves, Reds, Red Sox, Phillies and Indians to some degree, at least.

The jerseys were hours away from being released, there is no way they'll redesign them (not that they need to) should the Nationals stay in DC.

I know, just being hopeful. The jerseys really could have been something different - and they weren't. That's not to say they don't look good, but they're not unique. So, any excuse to redesign them is a good one, heh.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

It's not about the look, it's the color. The Nationals also use blue and gold in their color scheme, and yet, neither is featured anywhere on the jersey except the wordmark. I would have loved to have seen a gold pin-striped jersey, just to throw an alternate idea out there.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

The uniform looks more like a cross of the Braves (colors reversed), Giants (neck trim) and Angels at all if you look closer, it is a scarlet/navy/scarlet trim.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

I'd be happy if they had just fixed the freaking hats to say DC like everyone wanted. It's a moot point now, though.

Like "everybody" wanted?

I don't think so. Some people here wanted them, but most people in DC wanted them to use the pretzel W caps.

while the "W" hats were classic, it dosnt match the wordmark, logo, or any other part of the nationals identity package. however i wouldnt have gone with "DC" either. i would have used the "W" used in the "WASHINGTON" wordmark as seen on the road script: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?l_id=4...d=578&logo=2321

Icecap79 Posted on Sunday, December 19th, 2004 - 17:20:50

QUOTE (Gothamite @ Sunday, December 19th, 2004 - 20:41:40)

QUOTE (TCR @ Sunday, December 19th, 2004 - 01:29:46)

I'd be happy if they had just fixed the freaking hats to say DC like everyone wanted. It's a moot point now, though.

Like "everybody" wanted?

I don't think so. Some people here wanted them, but most people in DC wanted them to use the pretzel W caps.

while the "W" hats were classic, it dosnt match the wordmark, logo, or any other part of the nationals identity package. however i wouldnt have gone with "DC" either. i would have used the "W" used in the "WASHINGTON" wordmark as seen on the road script: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?l_id=4...d=578&logo=2321 [\QUOTE]

That W works for the wordmark, but I can see it looking horrid on a cap. I like the throwback "W". It was a simple, neat, clean idea - which is exactly what a cap logo should be.

HornetsTwistSig.gif

while the "W" hats were classic, it dosnt match the wordmark, logo, or any other part of the nationals identity package.

I completely agree with you on that point. However, I think the DC would have been sweet, even if only for an alternate or batting practice cap.

NatsCaps.png

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Icecap79 Posted on Sunday, December 19th, 2004 - 17:20:50

QUOTE (Gothamite @ Sunday, December 19th, 2004 - 20:41:40)

QUOTE (TCR @ Sunday, December 19th, 2004 - 01:29:46)

Like "everybody" wanted?

while the "W" hats were classic, it dosnt match the wordmark, logo, or any other part of the nationals identity package. however i wouldnt have gone with "DC" either. i would have used the "W" used in the "WASHINGTON" wordmark as seen on the road script: http://www.sportslogos.net/logo.php?l_id=4...d=578&logo=2321 [\QUOTE]

That W works for the wordmark, but I can see it looking horrid on a cap. I like the throwback "W". It was a simple, neat, clean idea - which is exactly what a cap logo should be.

it looks nice, and it has history, but it dosnt match ANYTHING in the identity package.

Survival, i like ur concept and wouldnt have a problem with "DC" on the hats if they were called the dc nationals. however they went with washington instead of dc, so imo they should use a "W" instead of "DC"

Archived