Hometeam Haulover III: MLB

AAO

Just because I'm curious, is it 9 stars for 9 guys on the baseball team on the Cardinals' look?

Or is it 9 stars for 9 World Series titles?

World Series championships, and LewJ you found out. Its quite an impressive statue. Its in front of the art museum now and it overlooks forest park. Its hard to tell because its up on a platform kinda, but I think its much larger than real life. Or, St. Louie was just a big dude.

I went with it because it tied the old with the new, and there are too many bird logos. I couldn't come up with anything creative that didn't look like what they have or had, or that the orieoles have or had. So...i went for the gusto!

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's an idea I've been playing with for a reworked Angels logo. Fans almost universally hated the last attempt at a "winged A" (1997-2001) but I always felt it was because the wing and font were too stylized. Plus, the colors sucked. This maintains the current colors and the trademark "A" and gives it more realistic wings. Comments?

new_logo_2.jpg

Here's an idea I've been playing with for a reworked Angels logo. Fans almost universally hated the last attempt at a "winged A" (1997-2001) but I always felt it was because the wing and font were too stylized. Plus, the colors sucked. This maintains the current colors and the trademark "A" and gives it more realistic wings. Comments?

new_logo_2.jpg

That's a cool attempt that has some promise. Did you draw that on your own? :notworthy: I think the wings, while realistic (I am guessing - I have never seen an angel), are a bit detailed IMO. Could they be reduced to three shades and with a little less "feathering"? I think this could get some reception, but I'm sure there will be plenty who will want the halo to remain as well.

LT

Sorta like this?

new_logo_3.jpg

The debate surrounding the halo goes back awhile in Angels history. Some people like to point out that, in early Christian iconography, halos are reserved for saints or deities (humans or gods). Angels are neither; they're a type of being unto themselves, neither human nor divine. So, technically, angels aren't supposed to have halos. On the other hand, you're right, a lot of fans are attached to it.

OK, photobucket's back online, so here's my entry:

angelshhoiii.png

From the first version, I simplified the piping, with red on home/road and navy on the alternate.  I also created an alternate hat, inverting the red and the navy, and I straightened the baseball on the primary logo.  AND, most notably, I adapted them for the name change by putting "Los Angeles" on the road uniforms.  Credit given to Gothamite for the road script.

I like your designs, except that I would stick with the all red and allow an LA cap (with the halo over the A). It would convince all fans over the five-county area that comprises the Greater Los Angeles area that this is their team. It would definitely result in more sales among the 16 1/2 million people in Angel territory. I am not a fan of alternate uniforms, so I wouldn't like the all red jersey.

I miss the navy blue and scarlet, but they won a world championship with red and the current font design. Otherwise I'd favor a return to the 1961-70 uniforms.

Great ideas. I would submit your suggestions to the Angels vice president of public relations, Tim Mead, at tim.mead@angelsbb.com and put your suggestion in the hopper. The idea is not to reject Anaheim and Orange County, but to give the Angels access to all fans it was charged by MLB in December 1960 to serve. I would further suggest that a compromise be struck where the Angels agree to let the stadium be renamed Anaheim Stadium in exchange for the "of Anaheim" in the "Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim" being removed. I would further suggest that the City of Anaheim move the Big A structure back to its original position behind left field so that it would appear prominently on all televised games. That would cement this club's connection with Anaheim with its likeness on Angels uniforms (the A on Angels at home, the A on Los Angeles on the road with the halo over the A, and the LA on the cap). I don't know how either the City or the ballclub would feel about this proposal but I see it as a win-win situation.

Sorta like this?

new_logo_3.jpg

The debate surrounding the halo goes back awhile in Angels history. Some people like to point out that, in early Christian iconography, halos are reserved for saints or deities (humans or gods). Angels are neither; they're a type of being unto themselves, neither human nor divine. So, technically, angels aren't supposed to have halos. On the other hand, you're right, a lot of fans are attached to it.

Your point about angel halos is well taken. As far as the design, I am not an expert and don't want to lead you down a road where you abandon a lot of worthwhile effort, or put a lot of unnecessary extra work in, but --

I would consider removing nearly all the internal feather detail on the wings. The outer part of each wing divides into three sections at the bottom. I would extend the "dividing lines" up from there to give some stucture to the front of the wings. Then for the darker interior, I would replace the feather detail with a simple shade or two of light blue/gray (I really like the blue of your initial effort - it was just that there several shades of it). Again, please take that advice with a grain of salt, because you put a lot of effort into detailing some impressive wings and I wouldn't want it wasted on account of poor advice from me!

LT

I hope I am not too late to submit My OverHaul. I noticed that there were some teams that havent been submitted. and others were still submitting so I decided to have a go at it. One more thing, I am in Japan now and my Hometown is Honolulu. There is no teams anywhere near these places. So I will represent the INternational team of Toronto( I also notice someone pulled out from Toronto).

jays.gif

All right, you asked for it (actually, you didn't, but, eh, whatever). Here's my entry [bLAH!]...

houstonastroshtho.jpg

Looks very similar to the Milwaukee Brewers color scheme

Isn't it the Astros former colour scheme, before the cream & brick red revision?

Yeah. I thought it fit the 'Stros better.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Well this is certainly not on the level of what may can be expected from Nitro,but none-the-less here is a small teaser of my Texas Rangers entry.I'm just touching up the logos now and the unis are right behind.

Tease.gif

98Falcons.png

Well this is certainly not on the level of what may can be expected from Nitro,but none-the-less here is a small teaser of my Texas Rangers entry.I'm just touching up the logos now and the unis are right behind.

Tease.gif

Reminds me of a wedding invitation. I guess we'll have to wait and see, but this preview projects a delicate script...

prove me wrong :)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Archived