Hometeam Haulover III: MLB

AAO

Lovin those White Sox ones....

Like the nod to the past (including red with the "SOX" logo like they had in the Go Go Sox days...and the baseball for the "O", like back in the 30s) and the different look of the metallic silver pants for the alt.

And of course, honoring Shoeless Joe was a very nice touch as well

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lovin those White Sox ones....

Like the nod to the past (including red with the "SOX" logo like they had in the Go Go Sox days...and the baseball for the "O", like back in the 30s) and the different look of the metallic silver pants for the alt.

And of course, honoring Shoeless Joe was a very nice touch as well

Thanks for the compliments, Hat. The concepts aren't as jaw-dropping as some - and I think they still need work - but I have had fun trying to incorporate some history along with some modern flair to the uniforms.

LT

It'll be this Sunday, January 23rd, 12 PM Eastern.  If someone asks for a slight extension, I'd be more than happy to give it to them.

well I'm asking, can you give me another week (until the 30th)?, I've been quite busy and haven't had time to tackle this yet.

-Thanks-

Thanks. I actually submitted the idea for the alternate look to Angels management several months ago. Response was positive.

Here's a Photoshopped imagining of Jarrod Washburn in that uni.

wash_in_new_alt_uni.jpg

I wanted to keep the road logo as close as possible to its current design, just adding the extra "E". By de-emphasizing "LOS" (it is, after all, only an article) I was trying to draw attention to the fact that the Spanish word "Angeles" means "Angels". In effect, the home uni would be "in English" while the road uni would be "in Spanish". I also wanted to distinguish the Angels' road uni from the Dodgers', on which "Los Angeles" runs on just one line.

Hey AAO I'll be adding mine tonight after the Championship games.I spent a lot of time on my entry for the Poker Tourny and have'nt had a lot of time to finish so I'll be doing that today and getting the Rangers haul-over up sometime tonight.

98Falcons.png

Archived