Hometeam Haulover III: MLB

AAO

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
aao- that bounciness is supposed to be more of a curve similar to the nats wordmark, its not the greatest job though(whaddaya gonna do its ms paint)

hold on hold on hold on...whoa....this was done in paint? the entire thing? if it was you must've done the tiger head at a huge size and resized in irfan view.

Ok, GMS, i hate being the bad guy, but that awesome primary for your marlins entry is the exact same thing as nitroseeds previous post of a concept for another team. You did a great job selling it off to everyone else, and I'm not sure if you got permission from nitro to use it, but if you didnt thats not cool. That might explain why its not as cleaned up as the rest of your package. Just wanted to protect nitro and his work, thats all.

while i applaud you for catching that my man, what AAO says is true. Its a logo for a fantasy team of mine called th San Diego Swordfish, and it was a collab with nitro. The logo was orginally my idea with a lot of refinement and suggestions coming from nitro.

(and that like blob of text down by my GMS Creations logo says "Primary logo also property of Nitroseed Advancements") B)

Sorry if i presented it like it was entirely my own, which its not, much input and help was also contributed by brad

Okay, I've made some minor changes to my Phils look, like adding piping and ditching the flag.

phils.png

Laughter, critique, and comments to follow!

EDIT: For the record, the red pants are only to be worn on one day - May 19, which I will now note as Larry Christenson Day. On that day, the Phillies would wear an all-red look - otherwise, the red jerseys would be worn with the home or road pants.

LvZYtbZ.png

Well, I've made so fairly major alterations to my nationals concept, and rather than forcing you all to look back through th thread I'll put it here:

nationals_haulover.gif

The 3 Stars, 2 Bars is the DC Flag, the weird amorphous square shape on the caps is the outline of the District of Columbia, everything else is self-explantory, even if the gold piping around the shoulder/sleve boundary is a little faint.

Well, I've made so fairly major alterations to my nationals concept, and rather than forcing you all to look back through th thread I'll put it here:

nationals_haulover.gif

The 3 Stars, 2 Bars is the DC Flag, the weird amorphous square shape on the caps is the outline of the District of Columbia, everything else is self-explantory, even if the gold piping around the shoulder/sleve boundary is a little faint.

Not to sound harsh, but that stripped wordmark could throw someone into a seizure.

VmWIn6B.png

Dude you totally stole my uni layout, lostlimey. I mean I don't really care if you use it, but I'm afraid that people who vote on this contest will get the idea that the sleeve and collar design on my entry was taken from some cookie-cutter template since there's 2 very similar layouts in this one contest. Please, voters, understand that I drew the sleeve design to mimick the old 70's-style Braves unis, the template started out blank. Don't deduct pts from my entry on the assumption that I just colored in the white areas. This is what I get for posting early, I guess.

Dude you totally stole my uni layout, lostlimey. I mean I don't really care if you use it, but I'm afraid that people who vote on this contest will get the idea that the sleeve and collar design on my entry was taken from some cookie-cutter template since there's 2 very similar layouts in this one contest. Please, voters, understand that I drew the sleeve design to mimick the old 70's-style Braves unis, the template started out blank. Don't deduct pts from my entry on the assumption that I just colored in the white areas. This is what I get for posting early, I guess.

bro, he had his posted on the 4th or 5th pages before yours was even made....so i dont see that attack as necessary

Well, I was working on my revision before you posted your braves design (whihc I'm voting for BTW), and I had already done the sleeves different colors to the main body, as I liked the flag idea in the alt/bp but it looked too much like a leeveless uni, I was trying to find a way of connecting the colors to the main body, and I . I saw your connecting collars and shoulders and felt that it was teh way to go.

If everyone thinks this is too much of a rip off of your uniforms then I can change the upper torso area to something different.

I wasn't attacking him. limey I'm not attacking you. But I do rest my friggin case. Whatever creativity (and you can argue the merits of my design..but that's a separate issue) I put into that layout is now either diminished, or worst case... as illustrated by GMS....being credited to limey.

All he did was change the source file of his original embedded image. I don't think he was trying to deceive... just if you change a file, save it as the same name and put it in the same location on the server all the old links will update to the new file.

Because of the confusion, I would appreciate it if you changed the sleeves up so they're not exactly the same. I will even provide you with a blank template if you wish. After this contest, you can use that layout to your hearts content.

To any who may be concerned, I'm not mad or anything like that.

No problem. I will change the sleeves up. I'll see if I can edit my earlier post to credit you for the layout also.

No hard feelings?

I din't think you were mad at me, but I did stomp on your toes without pm-ing you (forgive me, I'm new at the CCSLC boards so I don't know the standards.)

I wasn't attacking him. limey I'm not attacking you. But I do rest my friggin case. Whatever creativity (and you can argue the merits of my design..but that's a separate issue) I put into that layout is now either diminished, or worst case... as illustrated by GMS....being credited to limey.

All he did was change the source file of his original embedded image. I don't think he was trying to deceive... just if you change a file, save it as the same name and put it in the same location on the server all the old links will update to the new file.

Because of the confusion, I would appreciate it if you changed the sleeves up so they're not exactly the same. I will even provide you with a blank template if you wish. After this contest, you can use that layout to your hearts content.

To any who may be concerned, I'm not mad or anything like that.

dude, man. quit bitching. enough said.

Seriously guys...petty stuff. No where did it say concepts have to be presented on a human-like figure. There are quite a few generic templates of jerseys, pants and socks. I know my vote is going to the best idea, not necessarily the best template.

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

Sorry. I obviously have a hard time not sounding like a jackass through typed words. Maybe I should use those emoticon thingys? This isn't a big deal. I'm not saying anything else....at least my wife still loves me.......errr, at least I hope she does.

Archived