Hometeam Haulover III: MLB

AAO

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pretty sure Aussie claimed the Marlins and gbasalmon took the Pirates, for the record...

HornetsTwistSig.gif

New York Jets |3-3| First, AFC East

New York Mets |74-88| Fourth, NL East

New York Islanders|34-37-11| Fifth, Atlantic Division

New Orleans Hornets |21-45| Third, Southwest Division

Pretty sure Aussie claimed the Marlins and gbasalmon took the Pirates, for the record...

In that case, every team is taken.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

This is what everyone's taken so far, hope it helps!

OnWis97, BallWonk - New York Mets

lmupepbander - Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim

ThaFlameofAtlanta, tez - Atlanta Braves

fuzzlewigg - Cleveland Indians

habsfan9 - Toronto Blue Jays

robbman21 - Texas Rangers

pcqd - St. Louis Cardinals

jr79 - San Diego Padres

jpslapshot22 - Boston Red Sox

HatCityEnforcer - New York Yankees

Nick 1733 - Colorado Rockies

gbasalmon - Pittsburgh Pirates

KennyRock - Baltimore Orioles

decypher - Seattle Mariners

vicfurth - Houston Astros

AstroBull21 - Tampa Bay Devil Rays

PhilaLogos - Minnesota Twins

DarthMan - Philadelphia Phillies

ltravisjr - Chicago White Sox

buffalo soldier - Detroit Tigers

lost limey - Washington Nationals

Braden - San Francisco Giants

aussie - Florida Marlins

DawgPacPBH - Milwaukee Brewers

gordie delini - Oakland Athletics

dannymits - Kansas City Royals

joshuamings - Cincinatti Reds

Evan - Chicago Cubs

JungleBook45 - Arizona Diamondbacks

By the way, the Dodgers are still available!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

all right, i am back with a concept finally. this is a call back to the 1948-1954 indians, the last times they won pennants/championships until the 1990s.

when chief wahoo made his debut, he had golden skin, so i went back to that and used it as an accent color throughout the concept because there are too many red.blue teams. the red is much less magenta-hued, and the blue a little more green-hued, or "dusty."

the indians wore a script INDIANS on the chest through most of this era, and ive also included that, although it is the modern script i have used, without the underline. ive replaced the old block road script with the current script, without the underline as well. ive used a round font that compliments the smooth lines of the script well. the home emphasizes red, the away emphasizes blue.

the alternate/secondary logo utilizes the C used by the indians from the 30s through the 60s or thereabouts in some form. ive added to it a modified kinston indians feather to create this secondary mark. the alternate is blue, as the current one is, but features only the new secondary mark, and the alternate hat features this C mark as well, instead of the script I.

Cleveland-Indians.gif

I still don't have a website, but I have a dribbble now! http://dribbble.com/andyharry

[The postings on this site are my own and do not necessarily represent the position, strategy or opinions of adidas and/or its brands.]

Maybe it's just the addition of the gold, but that Indians home uni is one of the nicest-looking unis I've seen in a long time....

HornetsTwistSig.gif

And here is my rendition of Florida Marlins, it took about 2hours of solid work on Illustrator (after realising it was easier than PhotoShop) and after cleaning up my computer

floridamarlins9qy.gif

I have a feeling i left something out....and i know the scripts can be improved but i just don't like the fancy writing stuff

twitter.com/thebrainofMatt

Oddly enough, I was just thinking how come no MLB team has a white cap, that said, the white cap looks really good with that marlins logo!

Two things:

First off, would the Marlins really wear white socks at home, gray socks on the road, and blue socks with the alt?

Second, I think that home jersey would look a million times better if the shoulder color was blue, and it had the white cap.

EDIT: By the way, I'm getting there with th O's, but I have a question that is going to sound really dumb. For the life of me, I can not figure out how to do jersey piping in Illustrator. I'm sure it's really easy, but I'm drawing a blank on it. Can anyone help me on that?

HornetsTwistSig.gif

Aussie, thanks a lot man! I knew it was prolly just using the right tool, but I really appreciate the help!

HornetsTwistSig.gif

That Indians set is just terrific. The Indians would go from mediocre to among the best in baseball if they adopted your concept. Personally, I'd use your alternate as the primary cap, with Chief Wahoo either an alternate or used on the road. The feathered C communicates "Cleveland Indians" to me much more directly to me than the redfaced Sambo.

20082614447.png

That Indians set is just terrific. The Indians would go from mediocre to among the best in baseball if they adopted your concept. Personally, I'd use your alternate as the primary cap, with Chief Wahoo either an alternate or used on the road. The feathered C communicates "Cleveland Indians" to me much more directly to me than the redfaced Sambo.

The feathered C was actually the only thing I didn't like.

It said Chicago Blackhawks to me.

The rest was great.

Aussie. That Marlins uniform is nice.

I'd have gone for blue sleeves on the grey version, but that's just me.

I'm kinda glad the teams are all taken.

My efforts would only be wasting people's time, getting to the good stuff.

Oh, and I've got a site.

Footy Jumpers Dot Com

The indians is good, I like the C and the overall look. My only issue is that it feels a little too "Astros"-ish with the gold addition to the dark blue/red and the number font. I know the gold goes back to the indian logo, but silver maybe more unique.

The Marlins one screams Japanese baseball to me. Not a bad thing, but it would feel out of place in american baseball.

EDIT: Post number 100!!! B)

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

By the way, the Dodgers are still available!

I'll do the Dodgers then.

Disclaimer: If this comment is about an NBA uniform from 2017-2018 or later, do not constitute a lack of acknowledgement of the corporate logo to mean anything other than "the corporate logo is terrible and makes the uniform significantly worse."

BADGERS TWINS VIKINGS TIMBERWOLVES WILD

POTD (Shared)

Archived