Arena Football 20th Anniversary in 06

Gary

I'm just curious, next year will be the Arena Football Leagues 20th year. Now i'm curious, if they are going to go with throwbacks. What would you use for each of the 18 teams. Utah/Salt Lake City is entering the season next year. So I don't know what you can use. Anyway here is my predictions

Arizona Rattlers-Since there have never been a logo change, or any uniform overhaul I leave it the way it is.

Austin Wranglers-Since they are a newer franchise, I would like to see them in some sort of 2001 Houston Thunderbears or a 1992 San Antonio Force helmet and uniforms

Chicago Rush-Of Course a 1987 Chicago Bruisers Throwback

Colorado Crush- 1987 Denver Dynamites

Columbus Destroyers- Either the 1991 Columbus Thunderbolts or the 1999 Buffalo Destroyers

Dallas Desperados- Dallas Texans of 1990

Georgia Force- Since the Nashville Kats are coming back and they don't have much of a history, I would use the 2002 silver helmets

Grand Rapids Rampage- Since they are historically the Detroit Drive(Read their history)I would love to see them in Detroit Drive gear, or if they can't I would like to see the pewter helmets

Arena_Drive.gif or Arena_Rampage_OLD.gif

Las Vegas Gladiators- Either the 1994 Las Vegas Sting or the 1997 New Jersey Red Dogs

Los Angeles Avengers- 1987 LA Cobras

Nashville Kats- 2000 Nashville Kats-Year they went to the Arena Bowl

New Orleans VooDoo- '91 New Orleans Night

New York Dragons- Return of the Iowa Barnstormers :D

Orlando Predators- 1991 throwbacks, One with the Claws ripping through the helmet

Philadelphia Soul- Since there have been no team in Philadelphia before this. I don't know. So keep it the same

San Jose Sabercats- See Arizona Rattlers

Tampa Bay Storm- 1991 Throwbacks

Utah Franchise- First year in 2006

I'd like to see what you say, what should they wear as throwbacks?

well, i do recall the Rattlers used to have copper pants (same design as their black ones), and also that when they were first formed, they had black pants with striping just like the sleeves. heh, I could probably do it despite the fact that those Zubaz unis would be a bitch to do.

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I always thought the Iowa Barnstormers had the best helmet, with the old-fashioned pilot's goggles on it.

I honestly think they had one of the best overall look as far as their uniform went. Always reminded me of a fighter pilot.

well, i do recall the Rattlers used to have copper pants (same design as their black ones), and also that when they were first formed, they had black pants with striping just like the sleeves. heh, I could probably do it despite the fact that those Zubaz unis would be a bitch to do.

yup they had copper pants the first few years in the AFL I do remember that. Would be cool to have that again.

Especially in regards to the New Orleans Voodoo as New Orleans Night--

NO ZUBAZ.

No. Nein. Nyet. Non.

NO!!!

I didn't attend a game in '91 out of protest over the Night's Zubaz unis. Said I wouldn't attend until they got rid of the Zubaz. They did, so I saw a game in '92.

Damn, those things were hideous........

It is what it is.

Since I worked for the Night in 1992 I can say this:

DO NOT BRING BACK OUR CRAPPY UNIS AND LOGO. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT DO THAT! IF THE LEAGUE DECIDES TO DO THAT, I'M GOING TO PUKE!

Mahalo.

dodgers-1.png

I think San jose changed uni's last year, so switching back to the uni's from 2003 would be cool.

Please people, ZUBAZ has gone the way of leisure suits and men wearing leg warmers. The 70's and 80's are gone people! No more Zubaz.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived