What is the darkest color teams can wear at home?

Blue Falcon

• 2 weeks later...

The Kings wore their powder blue retros at home against the Clippers, who wore their road reds. I guess this means if the Nuggets wanted to, they could wear their road powder blues at home against just about anyone, except the Kings if all they showed up with were their retros.

SCA103011601_640x480.jpgSCA104011601_640x480.jpg

SCA105011601_640x480.jpg

48142444846_3aa6afbd89_m.jpgNCAA Baseball Champions | 2014, 2019 

facebook

In 99 Syracuse basketball had been wearing orange at home during December until Tennessee came to play, showing up in their regular away oranges. Both teams wore orange in warmups before 'Cuse was forced to switch to white by the officials since UT couldn't exactly run home and pick theirs up.

Basketball teams are now (at least in the SEC) required to call before leaving for a road trip to confirm who is wearing what jersey.

This happens in Soccer quite a bit especially with the lower league teams. A couple months ago two teams in Italy's tope flight both wore different shades of purple. I'll try and find a pic.

In most soccer leagues, the teams can both wear dark colors so long as the officials can still tell the teams apart. So it's very common in the Premier League, for example, for teams to face off wearing blue and red.

I've seen that Italian pic, though - bizarre. That'd never fly in England.

kansas wears red at home? or is that just on occasion?

just VERY occassionally...a KU fan could correct me, but i swear i've seen em wear red at home one time.

to clarify, most of the schools i listed only wear gold at home as alternates, although Minnesota does wear its golds for almost all home games.

shoot, i forgot Iowa-gold occassionally.

I see you had UWM listed as having alternate gold uniforms (occasionally worn at home) in your previous post, but they changed their uniform style completely for this season: now the home AND away uniforms are based off of the Kansas Nike template (last season it was just the home uniforms). They haven't worn the gold alternates at all this season, let alone at home...

QPR%20Sig.png

kansas wears red at home? or is that just on occasion?

just VERY occassionally...a KU fan could correct me, but i swear i've seen em wear red at home one time.

to clarify, most of the schools i listed only wear gold at home as alternates, although Minnesota does wear its golds for almost all home games.

shoot, i forgot Iowa-gold occassionally.

I see you had UWM listed as having alternate gold uniforms (occasionally worn at home) in your previous post, but they changed their uniform style completely for this season: now the home AND away uniforms are based off of the Kansas Nike template (last season it was just the home uniforms). They haven't worn the gold alternates at all this season, let alone at home...

heh. thanks for the heads up, i wasn't sure. what with teams changing their unis like they change their pants :D

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

In 99 Syracuse basketball had been wearing orange at home during December until Tennessee came to play, showing up in their regular away oranges. Both teams wore orange in warmups before 'Cuse was forced to switch to white by the officials since UT couldn't exactly run home and pick theirs up.

That game was interesting because SU had to play it wearing white jerseys and orange shorts.

oakqb4.jpg

Archived