Two mlb concepts

IronChefShark

no x-over this time, but here are two MLB concepts. Something a little refreshing amongst all these ducks concepts that have been popping up lately :angry:

Colorado Rockies

St. Louis Cardinals

after watching the rockies play the giants a couple of weekends ago, I got to thinking that pinstripes just arent thier thing, and that thier alternate jerseys flat out suck. therefore I went with some piping and emphasised the purple more. The cuffs of the sleeves are solid colored trimmed with piping. I also improved the alternate jersey of course

the cards concept I based on thier vintages they wore this past weekend. Ive been tinkering with this concept for a while but just finally decided to apply it. Im happy with how the trim and such looks, but Im not really thrilled with how the scripts turned out. As long as it gets the idea across  ???

The Rockies look great, but I personally think they are a team that has room to be very creative, and that's the direction I would go with them. However they do look nice the way you did it.

As for the Cards. For starters, they have their own traditional sock striping design, so the should just keep that as opposed to what you gave them. The retro sleeve stripes are interesting, and I think I like them. I don't particularly like the piping on the jerseys though. With the piping on the jerseys gone it would give you the freedom to carry the nnavy outline stripe up the sleeve with the red stripe. I think that would look good. Then on the pants you could have navy/(thick?)red/navy striping, or you could even reverse it. The sleeve logo looks bad over the stripe, not too mention it is not at all necessary with the Birds on the Bat already on the jersey. As for putting St. Louis on the jersey, it's something I have always thought they could do, but that it isn't necessary. It looks good, but I don't think you should have shortened the bat any. The alternate is IMO not that good looking and not something I ever want to see the Cards adapt. I tore this thing apart because it is my team, and I want it to be perfect, IMO. It looks very good and is of good quality, though, and I guess I respect the fact that you made it how you liked it so you aren't gonna change it.

the cards socks are supposed to be the same socks they currently used, however they dont look like it from when I resized the image.

I tried my best not to incorporate too much navy simply because I wanted to keep emphasis on the red and not make an atlanta braves clone!  :D

the cards script I actually had to make by fusing together the elements because I couldnt find a good image of the birds on bat script. Like I said, it didnt turn out how I wanted however I felt it got the idea across

What, no white hats for the Cards?  :D Just kidding. I love how you put 2 cardinals on the home/away's. The alternate hat doesn't fit with the jersey, though (IMO). I would suggest an all red version to complement the jersey. Okay, there's my $.02.

NASCAR. Done. |

nextel_cup_logo.JPG

Wow.

I think i reserve getting too excited about designs on this board, and try to refrain from using phrases such as 'Best uniform EVERR' (think comic book guy)

But ill say it, the Cards concept is the Best ive seen for baseball yet.  B.e.a.u. teeful.

I love the Rocks too because grey pinstripes are the worst thing in baseball uniforms.  

That being said, id LOVE to see a twins redux.

As a lifelong Cards fan, I must say that your concepts are really great.  I like the retro striping and the piping and also putting St. Louis on the road greys.  I am not crazy about the piping on the alternative jersey, however it still beats their present bp/spring training tops.  Excellent work, as if that comes as any surprise.

the dreaded Double-Bump  :D

I'll drop my two pennies in the jar and say that the Rockies is solid (although I find it hard to get too excited about any baseball jersey), and the St. Louis jerseys are very nice. The St. Louis script is especially slick, although I'd have to see them in real life before I could say anything in regards to stipes following the sleeve vertically.

Very well done as usual, Shark.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

I did a Cards concept with the 1940's striping on the alt, but they didn't come out as slick as these.  Excellent work.  The Cards  unis right now suck.  They got no striping, nothing.  Your concepts are great.

Yep good job well done! I would agree about not needing a sleeve logo with the piping on the sleeves as well, but overall a good job. I would keep the blue alternate hat as well, and not go for an all red, just as you did, coz that would just look too red IMO.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

I did a Cards concept with the 1940's striping on the alt, but they didn't come out as slick as these. Excellent work. The Cards unis right now suck. They got no striping, nothing. Your concepts are great.

YOU SUCK!

(said in tone of Billy Madison...

Billy: Donkey Kong is the greatest game ever.

Little Kid: Donkey Kong sucks!

Billy: YOU SUCK!)

The Cards unis are great in their simplisity but not actual boriness. As long as they have the Birds on the Bat they can't really suck. It's what's great about them. They have a flexible but always great look.

Archived