Let's wage war on clumsy corporate ballpark names

The_Admiral

Petco Park just sounds silly though. And Minute Maid Park conjures up ideas of shoddy construction.

Petco Park is almost as offensive as Craven Stadium or Mojoto Arena.

--Roger "Time?" Clemente.

for us veterans.

roger hits again with the zinger of the day.

BOOYAH! :lol:

boo-sha

They could always just go out on a limb and just name it "Foxboro Stadium" since i still know a bunch of people, myself included, who accidently slip and still call the new stadium by the old predecessor.

That's Foxboro Stadium - formerly Sullivan Stadium - formerly Schaeffer Stadium!

They could always just go out on a limb and just name it "Foxboro Stadium" since i still know a bunch of people, myself included, who accidently slip and still call the new stadium by the old predecessor.

That's Foxboro Stadium - formerly Sullivan Stadium - formerly Schaeffer Stadium!

only if we want to pull a Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim formerly of California originally started in Los Angeles fiasco

"That's Foxboro Stadium - formerly Sullivan Stadium - formerly Schaeffer Stadium!"

{singing badly} Schaeffer..is the..one beer to have when you're having more than one! {/singing badly}

How true, how true.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

"McAfee Coliseum (formerly Network Associates Coliseum) just sounds like a horrible name to me."

It does sound a bit better than what the writers used to call it in the late 1970's when the A's were horrible: "The Oakland-Alameda County Mausoleum."

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

"McAfee Coliseum (formerly Network Associates Coliseum) just sounds like a horrible name to me."

It does sound a bit better than what the writers used to call it in the late 1970's when the A's were horrible: "The Oakland-Alameda County Mausoleum."

Does anyone actually call it by it's "proper" name? All I've ever heard it called is the Oakland Coliseum or just the Coliseum. By the way, how many names has that place had in the last 10 years now?

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

If the P&G buyout of Gillette goes through, then Kraft SHOULD rename the stadium either John F. Kennedy Stadium or September 11 Stadium. Either way, the two above mentioned are the TRUE New England Patriots!

BRING BASEBALL BACK TO MONTREAL!!!!

MON AMOURS SIEMPRE!!

Does anyone actually call it by it's "proper" name? All I've ever heard it called is the Oakland Coliseum or just the Coliseum. By the way, how many names has that place had in the last 10 years now?

Oakland Alameda County Coliseum 1966-98

UMAX Coliseum 1998

Network Associates Coliseum 1998-04

Mc Afee Coliseum 2004-pre

UMAX Technologies had bought the rights in September of 1997 however a dispute arose and the name was changed back to the OACC. Later in 1998 Network Associates bought the naming rights and in 2004 Network Associates became Mc Afee.

Signature intentionally left blank

September 11 Stadium. Either way, the...above mentioned are the TRUE New England Patriots!

Because Boston is where the hijackers got on? I'm not following the 9/11 logic.

Sidenote: A high school outside Seattle was completed a little after 9/11 and the students voted to name it Todd Beamer High School. Do you remember him? Do you think anyone will in 10, 20, 50 years?

If the P&G buyout of Gillette goes through, then Kraft SHOULD rename the stadium either John F. Kennedy Stadium or September 11 Stadium. Either way, the two above mentioned are the TRUE New England Patriots!

i don't think they'd go with either of those becaue JFK Staidum would be too confused with RFK down in DC. And September 11 Stadium? oh yeah, the Patriots play in the big Nine-Eleven! definitely doesn't have the ring of the other stadium names. They might try to stay with the Boston corporation name if Gillette gets dumped. how about Dunkin Donuts Field? could call it "The Hole!" lol, or even Gorton's Stadium after the fish company based out of Gloucester (Gloss-ter), Mass. or hell, he could just be really uncreative and have Kraft foods get the stadium rights and name it Kraft Field....hmm, he might like that one

Archived