Cleveland Barons may be moving to Tulsa

Gary

Here is the link

Tulsa World 1/30/05

Here is a quote from the story:

Meanwhile, Miron's son Monte is apparently trying to bring the American League Cleveland franchise to Tulsa next year. Ray Miron said Tulsa is probably not big enough to support two teams.

"Any city with two teams has one eventually die," Miron said. "San Antonio and Cincinnati couldn't make it with two teams.

Am I the only one that thinks Indians when I see "American League Cleveland Franchise"??? Eh? Eh?

What's that?

I'm not funny?

Damn.

sticksstones4.png

The world's foremost practitioners of professional tag-team wrestling.

WHY? Since Silicon Valley Sports & Entertainment (the Sharks ownership group) essentially has free rent at Gund Arena, it doesn't make sense. The only thing I can think of is perhaps the move so the Sharks can get call ups with the NHL team faster. But I heard other cities to get the Barons.

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

WHY? Since Silicon Valley Sports & Entertainment (the Sharks ownership group) essentially has free rent at Gund Arena, it doesn't make sense. The only thing I can think of is perhaps the move so the Sharks can get call ups with the NHL team faster. But I heard other cities to get the Barons.

How about this? Move them to Oakland and name them the Seals..... ^_^

I saw, I came, I left.

If the Barons go Cincinnati will loose a big rival. Besides I dont even think Tulsa could support a team in the top league. (I say Top league since the NHL has gone down the Craphole this season.)

Signature intentionally left blank

"WHY? Since Silicon Valley Sports & Entertainment (the Sharks ownership group) essentially has free rent at Gund Arena, it doesn't make sense. The only thing I can think of is perhaps the move so the Sharks can get call ups with the NHL team faster. But I heard other cities to get the Barons."

Of course, the Gunds, owners of SVSE, sold their arena and the Cleveland Cavaliers to that guy who runs Quicken Loans recently.

"I better go take a long walk off a short pier or something."

Some people on this bolard have told me to do just that.

My "Ron Mexico" alias is "Jon Tobago".

Of course, the Gunds, owners of SVSE, sold their arena and the Cleveland Cavaliers to that guy who runs Quicken Loans recently.

Ok, thanks for the info Craven. And to clarify, Gund only owns part of SVSE now. In that case, Quad perhaps a move to Oakland would be nice! :D:D:D

2004 San Jose Sharks 7th Man Fan of the Year

San Jose Gold Miners - 4x Lombardi Cup Champions

The Gunds have reportedly considered at least six markets as a potential new home for the Cleveland Barons of the American Hockey League.

The latest facility to actually be visited by team president Michael Lehr was The Mark of the Quad Cities. Lehr has visited the area twice, meeting with both arena oficials and the Quad City Mallards' ownership group.

Reportedly, the San Jose Sharks are striving to "make it work" for their AHL club in Cleveland. However, they are "exploring all their options". A franchise relocation likely wouldn't take place until the 2006-2007 AHL season.

Archived