College Authentic Jersey Sales

rockchalk

I've noticed that at Allen Fieldhouse and the KU Bookstores at the Union that all of the basketball jerseys they sell have the players names on them, but no place else. Is this legal? I was under the impression that they could not do that since it was making money off of the players names without them receiving a cut. (As a sidenote, the football jerseys do not have names.)

I've decided to give up hope for all sports teams I follow

As a Mizzou alumnus, I am duty bound to report this to the NCAA.  Thank you, RockChalk for bringing this to my attention.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Oops! Well, I guess my question got answered and thrown back in my face by a #$@!%^ Tiger....Oh well, it's still not nearly as bad as being put on probation :P

Rock chalk, here's the real answer to your question. Nike makes the authentic KU jerseys and no one can purchase authentics anywhere, the closest you can get it the Nike Swingman, and even they have noticable differences. The ones you see at Allen Fieldhouse are replicas made by a local company, OT Sports. The font is a bit different and the neckline and trim are slightly different.

OT Sports Replica w/ Player Name

Nike Swingman

As far as I know, anyone can make replica's with names, as long as they don't have a contract with said school, which is why the replicas aren't Nike. I got this info from the mouth of our SID here at KU.

rush.png

Clipboard03.jpg

Don't worry about a disgrutled M.U. Tiger fan, their jersey's won't even sell with their current players either - They'd be embarrassed to wear it.

One of my kids in P.E. class forgot his clothes for P.E., so I let him pick some clothes out from the "Loaner" pile - don't worry they're clean. The only shirt that was his size was an M.U. t-shirt, and he won't wear it. When I asked why, he said they're BB team is terrible - Oh my. INstead he wore an old P.E. uniform top that was a size too small.

Mooohahahahah . . . :D

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

It's definitely true that the NCAA doesn't allow you to sell jerseys with current players names on them. Some places, like Eastbay I believe, actually don't even sell custom jerseys with current or former players name and number combos on them.

FWIW, with the retro jerseys that they sell, the players who are named receive a cut. Nike seems to do one football jersey per year for football teams that they outfit. This year they did Michael Vick for Va Tech, the year before was Jim Kelly for Miami. Michael Irvin was supposed to be the Miami person this year, but after the jerseys were already printed, they couldn't work out the financials with Irvin. Supposedly the jerseys are sitting in a warehouse somewhere.

Don't worry about a disgrutled M.U. Tiger fan, their jersey's won't even sell with their current players either - They'd be embarrassed to wear it.

One of my kids in P.E. class forgot his clothes for P.E., so I let him pick some clothes out from the "Loaner" pile - don't worry they're clean.  The only shirt that was his size was an M.U. t-shirt, and he won't wear it.  When I asked why, he said they're BB team is terrible - Oh my.  INstead he wore an old P.E. uniform top that was a size too small.

Mooohahahahah . . .  :D

Perfect. This is just plain perfect. :notworthy::P

Oh yeah, well just wait 'til indoor track season. Or golf season. Cripes, this is a tough year to be a Tiger. Oh well . . . .

But we whooped you guys pretty good throughout the seventies!!!!!!!!!!! :cursing:

I'll just be sitting over here in the corner sulking.

Oh yeah, well just wait 'til indoor track season. Or golf season. Cripes, this is a tough year to be a Tiger. Oh well . . . .

But we whooped you guys pretty good throughout the seventies!!!!!!!!!!! :cursing:

I'll just be sitting over here in the corner sulking.

<Nelson Muntz> HA HA!</Nelson Muntz>

As far as I know, anyone can make replica's with names, as long as they don't have a contract with said school, which is why the replicas aren't Nike. I got this info from the mouth of our SID here at KU.

huh? that's odd. I wouldn't have thought you could do that, but sounds good to me. Now all I need is an NCAA license :D j/k

2016cubscreamsig.png

A strong mind gets high off success, a weak mind gets high off bull🤬

I believe the players have to give their consent to allow the school to use their names. A few years back Kenny Gregory didn't want the school to use his name for the jerseys. He didn't want them to make money off of him while he received nothing. Not sure how they handle the whole situation now though.

KUHawks.png

Archived