Calgary Vipers

Ez Street

Well... It's not bad, but it looks more like a pissed cartoon than anything else.

The wordmark looks good.

Four times IHL Nielson Cup Champions - Montréal Shamrocks (2008-2009 // 2009-2010 // 2012-2013 // 2014-2015)

Five times TNFF Confederation Cup Champions - Yellowknife Eagles (2009 CC VI // 2010 CC VII // 2015 CC XII // 2017 CC XIV // 2018 CC XV)

You know, with such a name as Vipers, they could've done something amazing (something along the lines of Nitro's Anacondas logo).

...but as it is, the Northern League sinks another rung, and bad design claims another team.

Hooray!

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

You know, with such a name as Vipers, they could've done something amazing (something along the lines of Nitro's Anacondas logo).

...but as it is, the Northern League sinks another rung, and bad design claims another team.

Hooray!

Who'da thought that Winnipeg and Fargo would be the class of the league, huh?

Welcome to DrunjFlix

Great! Another Northern League club with black and red colors. So original. Wake up Northern League.

I don't know if anyone noticed a couple weeks back, the Northern League sent out a press release an posted on their website the changes to the league logo. What change? It looks like someone in the league office created it with MS Paint. No class.

Wow, that's uninspired. Well, the Calgary Vipers immediately join the Edmonton Cracker Cats, Gary Southshore Railcats and Kansas City T-Bones as members of the Northern League's "Hideous Identities Club".

The Saint Paul Saints, Schaumburg Flyers and Winnipeg Goldeyes are easily the class of the league in the logo department. IMHO, the Joliet Jackhammers, Lincoln Saltdogs and Sioux Falls Canaries comprise the next tier of logos. The Fargo-Moorhead Redhawks and Sioux City Explorers hover somewhere between uninspired and mediocre. Calgary, Edmonton, Gary and Kansas City's logos are either insipid, poorly rendered or both.

It really just drives home the point of how inspired the Golden Baseball League was in hiring Dan Simon and Joe Bosack to design all of their member clubs' logos. If I were launching a new league, I would stress to my member clubs just how important it is to get team identity issues - including the logos - absolutely perfect. Looking professional can translate to being regarded as professional... plus, it can boost merchandising.

Kaa in the Jungle Book or Hiss in Robin Hood.

Man, that's what I said, at least I thought it looked like Kaa of the J.B.

Looks like one of the logos you seen on one of the EZteam sites.

Vipers seem to be a problem up there in the Great Northwest.

A snake holding a bat would really be a problem.

Kansas-BB-banner.png My-son-Soldier-banner.png

Kansas City Scouts (CHL) Orr Cup Champions 2010, 2019, 2021         St. Joseph Pony Express (ULL)  2023 Champions     Kansas City Cattle (CL)

I thought Kaa too--so much that could have been done with it--but at least it's got red--I know there was a complaint about more red--well the Vipers have a right to use some shade of red--it's an official Calgary colour!

Comic Sans walks into a bar, and the bartender says, "Sorry, we don't serve your type here."

Archived