Sixers Nats jerseys

EagleFan344

Ahh who cares! The new ones are pretty damn sweet!

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

i watched this game tonite, i gotta say, these Nats throwbacks are right up there with the san francisco (golden state) warriors "the city" throwbacks as the Association's best.

the colour combination, the script nats wordmark, the neckline pattern, everthing looks totally awesome together.

as for the knicks throwbacks, ehh, just a reminder of the sad early 80's teams. although the font for the number and name on the back is interesting in a good way.

The Nats had a great branding great logo great unis too bad they could not make it past the early 60s.

Yeah, their design reminds me of something you would see off an Old Navy t-shirt. ^_^

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I really like how the thin horizontal stripes work as trim on the sides and the trim, as opposed to the Cavs throwbacks and the wide stripes. I think it could work even with a modern uni.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

I wonder how many Sixers "fans" didn't know about the teams origin until these throwbacks came about? My guess is a lot.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Those "Nats" throwback jerseys are an abortion. The real ones were probably made by Rawlings, and the side inserts on the jersey and pants were made in a "jacquard" knit pattern that was popular in the mid-'50s and promoted by Rawlings. You might also look at photos of early St. Louis Hawks uniforms which had a similar insert.

Being from the Syracuse area, it's nice to see the Nationals remembered.

They're going to dedicate a shot-clock memorial in Syracuse later this month when the NCAA regionals are here.

Some of the old Nats are going to be there.

I wonder what the 76ers' players' reactions were when they first heard, then saw the retros?

I bet none of them had any clue (as most fans too) knew the 76ers had a rich history in Syracuse, including the 1955 NBA title.

The colors aren't as brilliant! I think that's what makes the Nats jerseys so appealing.

Retired Number's To Come

Archived