The Official NCAA Tournament Big Dance Thread

ROCHitman

I don't think Tarheels really could get May the ball much more -- I remember a couple possessions in which they tried to force the ball downlow to May, which ended up turning the ball over. Aside from that, I think if they got the ball downlow to May, the rest of the team might've stood around a lot more, which would take away from May's passing ability.

And as far as May in the NBA goes -- size can be overrated. Yeah, he's undersized -- but so was Charles Barkley. May is 6'9", they say Barkley is closer to 6'4" (despite being listed at 6'6"). I'm not saying he's going to go on to be a hall of famer -- but you know what i mean.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think Tarheels really could get May the ball much more -- I remember a couple possessions in which they tried to force the ball downlow to May, which ended up turning the ball over. Aside from that, I think if they got the ball downlow to May, the rest of the team might've stood around a lot more, which would take away from May's passing ability.

And as far as May in the NBA goes -- size can be overrated. Yeah, he's undersized -- but so was Charles Barkley. May is 6'9", they say Barkley is closer to 6'4" (despite being listed at 6'6"). I'm not saying he's going to go on to be a hall of famer -- but you know what i mean.

Hey, I really could end up eating my words. I've done it before, including this week. I just think the way the NBA is going, Charles Barkley wouldn't be the star today, he was then. Spud Webb had his day too, but you won't see too many 5' 2" guys making it in the NBA today. I just don't see where he fits on a roster. He's a center. He's a 6'9" center. Great for college basketball today, not too great for NBA basketball today.

I hope he makes it because he seems like a really good kid. I don't care for him for some reason, but he does seem to have a level head on his sholders, and thats soemthing the NBA definatly could use more of.

Doesn't matter, as long as he doesn't come back and injure himself, he's set for life if he fails or if he's a hall of famer.

Good points.

His career could go either way in the NBA, really -- hell, Ben Wallace is only 6'9" himself.

Oh, and while he may not be 5'2"... watch a Nuggets game and Earl Boykins will amaze you with how he seems abled to score at will, some times. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

congrats to the Illini, you showed me something I didnt think you were capable of. That Arizona come back was impressive, and I must say i underrated you fellas a bit. Also, congradulations to North Carolina, the 2005 NCAA Champs!

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

As for Sean May in the NBA....he had a great College career.  I have 2 words for Sean May...Oliver Miller.  He's too small to be a center, and no shot for a forward.  He's an amazing college talent don't get me wrong.  I just can't see him succeding in the NBA.

It's sad but true.

A guy like Battier at least has a more complete game to play off of... and Battier hasn't set the NBA on fire.

However I'm not one of those people who thinks a college star who flops in the NBA is a failure. You can't call someone who dominated the second-highest level of basketball in the world a failure. Guys like Christian Laettner, Shane Battier, Sean May... guys who had (or will have) average to below-average NBA careers aren't failures. They just didn't have the wiring suited to the NBA.

Summary: If you were a star in the NCAA and don't make it big in the NBA, that shouldn't reflect negatively on your accomplishment.

WINnipegSigBanner.gif

Oh I totally agree. Some of my favorite basketball players were "failures" in the NBA. Brian Cardinal (Purdue) was an outstanding college basketball player, but his game just doesn't relate to the NBA game. Kendell Gill (Illinois) certainly never lived up to his hype save for a few years. Nick Anderson (Illinois), Kenny Battle (Illinois), (so far) Frank Williams (Illinois), Scotty Thurman (Arkansas), Eric Montross (UNC), the list could go on and on of great college players that didn't make it in the NBA. I didn't play college baseball/football at the level I wanted to, but it doesn't mean my sports career was a failure.

I would like to congratulate Illinois for having a great season. There is no shame losing to North Carolina. Congrats to Roy Williams for finally winning a national championship, well deserved considering what program was before he took over. *applause*

I saw, I came, I left.

UNC  :D

I thought you lived in Philly?

What does that have to do with anything?

UNC is not in Philly. I believe that's what he means. Shouldn't you be all over some Philly team?

If it means anything to anyone...

Both Dick Vitale and Andy Katz have UConn has the best team in the Nation for next year. :D

IUe6Hvh.png

Archived