The Official NCAA Tournament Big Dance Thread

ROCHitman

Anyone else having trouble with the Texas, Nevada pick? At first I though Texas, but now Im not sure, and leaning toward Nevada.

I went with Texas because they were really cool and talked to us for a good 15 minutes last year before their practice that was open to the public at the Pepsi Center before the tourney last year -- other than that, though, It'd be a complete toss up.

Nick Fazekas for Nevada is a great player, though -- I got to watch him play some when he attended Ralston Valley High School in Colorado.

IUe6Hvh.png

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
alirght thanks. im in now

My sleeper pick.....UWM. I think they could pull it off against bama, and I see BC beating Penn. BC hasnt been too good lately. My bracket has UWM in the sweet 16. Another is NC State goign to the elite 8. Theyre underrated. They could definately beat Charlotte, and I have them pulling it off against UConn and Kansas.

But what do I know?

Wow, you've got more faith in the Panthers than I do, I've seen them in action this year (and yes, they are one of the best teams you've never heard of) and while I have them beating Alabama in the 1st round, I don't have them getting past Boston College in the 2nd round. It would be awesome if they could make the Sweet 16, especially with those asshats at Marquette already bowing out of the NIT :D

QPR%20Sig.png

I've also got UWM going to the sweet 16, BC's been slumping as of late. I've also got West Virginia and New Mexico in there, and in milder upsets, Wisconsin and Utah.

Yeah, I know I'm crazy.

However, my final four is pretty dull: Illinois, North Carolina, Gonzaga, and Syracuse. I've got NC over Illinois in the final.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

My bracket is in the CCSLP pool.

The problem is, when your alma mater is in the tournament and they're a very low seed, you're conflicted because you root for them to win but you don't dare pick them in your bracket.

Rah! Rah! Rah for the Red and the Blue!

CK3ZP8E.jpg

Guys I'm telling you right now the National Championship game will be between Fairleigh Dickinson University and Oakland. Of course FDU will win in a blowout.

:D:D

Honestly though, Go FDU!!!!!! Even though I have Illinois as my National Champ.

My bracket is in the CCSLP pool.

The problem is, when your alma mater is in the tournament and they're a very low seed, you're conflicted because you root for them to win but you don't dare pick them in your bracket.

I know how ya feel, and I'm not gonna lie, Ohio U is going alllll the way this year, you'll all see in early April...

And as for you JP, is there anything more fulfilling than Dee Brown Bashing?? :P

oubrutus.jpg

2qi7psy.gif

when you're replacing an old Carr, you need more than Les Miles

deebrown.jpg

From what I read today, it's not getting a degree... :D

Yeah...well...they are almost at 50%!

Frank Williams ruined the curve by leaving early?

Illinois has a really tough communications program?

I think Sergio McClain is in Med School right now?

Nick Smith should graduate!

Illinois is an Excellent School. They are top 50 I think in the nation overall. Could have something to do with it, but I doubt it. Cause Wake, UNC, Duke, etc are top 50 as well.

I have no rebuttle.

Did you mean: rebuttal

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

well everyone who picked UWM should be feeling pretty good...alabama is a team with a lot of talent, but NO heart whatsoever...last year's run was all because that team had a heart and his name was Antoine Pettway

yep I'm one of them :D

I'll jump on the UWM "I called that" bandwagon.

However, it's looking like I dropped a Bevacqua on this Pacific/Pitt game.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Ok I'm calling it even though there is still a few seconds left.

UW-M pulls off the 12-5 upset over Alabama.

Had them in my bracket. :D

well alabama showed how much it wanted to be in the big dance :mad:

5 1/2 months till we suck at football too...boy what is the world coming to?

:wacko:

We won't suck in football... Shula's actually got kids that want to play.

Did anyone watch that game? I mean Ian Eagle was basically throwing Hail Marys for Milwaulkee to win. There for the next time I go to an Alabama game, this poster is going with me...

Corporation

Bama

Shits on

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

Who???

I had UWM as well in my "Sheet of Integrity". ANyone know where that came from??

Pitt may have just cost me a shot at 900 smackeroos.

I need Iowa to win twice, Vermont to beat my beloved 'Cuse, and Louisville to win 3 or more games.

It's a pool where you pick any 4 teams. When your team wins, you get points equal to their seed. Maybe I should have polled the CC community about this before making my picks, eh?

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

Man, four games in and my bracket is out of whack already. I had Niagara over Oklahoma in the upset special of the day, 'Bama over Wisc-Milwaukee and Pitt going to the Sweet 16. I guess that's what I get for picking with my heart (teams with Canadian players) instead of my head.

<sarcasm>I can't waaait to see what happens tonight. <_<</sarcasm>

Ok I'm calling it even though there is still a few seconds left.

UW-M pulls off the 12-5 upset over Alabama.

Had them in my bracket. :D

Fight-Fight-Fight for UWM!

Fight to the end!

Win it again!

Fight-Fight-Fight for the Black and Gold,

Our teams, brave and bold,

To victory we hold,

Fight-Fight-Fight for UWM!

Fight for her fame!

We'll win this game!

And when the panther prowls we'll give a howl,

We'll FIGHT! FIGHT! for UWM!

Had to break out the fight song one more time, what a game! Half our office is comprised of UWM graduates, so we played hooky during the lunch break and watched the game at a local sports bar. Between that and all the St. Patrick's Day-related partying, I'll probably have drunk myself retarded by tomorrow...

QPR%20Sig.png

Archived