The Official NCAA Tournament Big Dance Thread

ROCHitman

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I had UWM as well in my "Sheet of Integrity". ANyone know where that came from??

Nice "Mike & Mike In The Morning" reference, ROCH :lol:

UGH...I originally had UWM beating Bama, but I talked myself out of it and changed my pick..even worse, I then had Bama going to the 16...

Dontcha HATE it when you do things like that? :lol:<_<

Some good games early...Niagara hung around for a while, but the Sooners wore em down late (thankfully too..I have OU going deep...never good to lose a pick like that on the first day). Lots of credit to EKU for making that game a bit more interesting than it should have been (and also proving me right by thinking Kentucky's ripe for a major letdown. I don't have the Mildcats going any farther than the 16 b/c from what I've seen of them in the last couple of weeks (read: 2 b!tch slappings by Florida and now this lackluster performance against a team they should have smacked all over Indianapolis)

Expected Pitt to lose to Pacific...just depended which Pitt team decided to show up...evidently it was the one that got bent over by the likes of Bucknell, West Virginia twice, and 'Nova instead of the one that destroyed both BC and UConn in their own barns...

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

Have I ever mentioned that today and tommorrow are the two best days of the year? Even better than my birthday :D

I haven't worked on these two days for 6 years. And yes...I have a job.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

YES! The anticipated game between Cincinnati and Kentucky will take place. UC beat Iowa. Kentucky defeated Eastern Kentucky.

For those not aware. Kentucky is actually followed very closely in Cincinnati, despite them being in Lexington. Kentucky has many fans in the Queen City and even plays a home game at US Bank Arena every season.

Signature intentionally left blank

Interesting- Bill Simmons (Sports Guy, always funny) is keeping a diary for ESPN. He calls Pacific's uniforms the best of the day and Iowa's the worst. Link Here

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

I know that, but I figured I'd talk a little smack while I still have the chance - if past brackets are any indication, I'll come back to the pack big-time on Day 2!

[EDIT: Fluffing Texas. ] :mad:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Two misses on day one--both in the 8v9 games. Darned Pitt and Texas!

EDIT: Dangit, in the CCLSC pool, I apparently smoked crack and picked LSU instead of UAB, like I have listed on my printed ESPN.com bracket. D'oh! :cursing:

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

11-5 after the first day ? I figure that's respectable and probably better than I was hoping for. Lost on 'Bama, LSU (didn't see that one coming), Pitt, Creighton (the real heartbreaker of the bunch), and Niagara. Luckily, though, I only had two of those teams ? Pitt and Niagara ? going to the Sweet 16. I could still go 57-7. :D

Went 12-4 in the Yahoo! tourney pool...lost Bama, Iowa, UTEP, and Pitt (I had Pacific on another bracket and hit the wrong button when I submitted this one...forgot to check before the tip yesterday *DOH!* )...only major loss was Bama, who I had going to the 16...

The Tide now join a notoroious list I have..TEAMS I NEVER EVER PICK TO GO FAR IN ANY TOURNEY..PERIOD!

The members?

--South Carolina (I had them going to the Final Four one year, and they mailed it in against Coppin State...cost me some serious coin that year b/c it cost me a money finish in the pool I was in)

--Arizona (another team that's burned me in the past (re: losing to Santa Clara and Miami-OH when I had them going deep)

--Cincinnatti (Huggy Bear's crew has burned me in the past)

--Iowa State (one word: Hampton)

--Florida (never fails...they have a low seed, they go far...they have a high seed, they wet themselves and lose to teams they have no business losing to)

FANTASY TEAMS

Housatonic U. Dragons (NCFA Basketball): 16-6 (8-4 Conf.)--National Runner-Up

Jersey State U. (NCFA Football): Inaugural Year - 2006

Motor City Silverhawks (WArFL): 9-4 (3rd--National Conf.)

Lehigh Valley Ironmen (WAmFL): Inaugural Season--2006

New England Marauders RFC (RLI): 6-0-7 (6th place)

Detroit Spirit (AA): 3-6 (T-4th--Patriot League)

Brooklyn Atlantics (IBF): 10-5 (1st--Appalachian Conf.)

Boston Mariners RFU (WRU): Coming Soon!

New York Americans (SHL): Inaugural Season - 2006-07

One person in all of yahoo (700,000 +) had all 32 first round games correct.

But that person just lost his first game when Tech beat Gonzaga.

NOBODY IS PERFECT!

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

I'll take this opportunity to recruit/spam a little.

Someone who designs logos & jerseys will get more consideration than the non-CCSLC applicants. In fact, some CCSLC members are in this league.

FOR SERIOUS COLLEGE HOOPS JUNKIES ONLY!

I run a college hoops fantasy league called the NCFBA (Nat'l Colelgiate Fantasy Basketball Assoc.) that just concluded it's season a week ago. It was our inagural season and all went entremely well aside from us having a few owners who, shall we say, were not as interested and active as we had hoped.

So, I'm trying to find approx 6 of the most diehard, dedicated, and knowledgeable college hoops fans out there to play in our league.

I'm thinking....there is no better time than now to locate thiese people

Basics:

Head-to-Head format with 3 divisions of 4 teams (we will expand)

Single Elimination Tournament to end the season

Scoring is pretty basic

1 pt for each of the following:

POINT, REBOUND, ASSIST, STEAL, BLOCK.

If you are interested, please fill out the application form below and email it to me at

jimmyboeheim2000@yahoo.com

Remember, you are applying for a franchise (we don't just hand these out to anyone) and we are looking for someone who will be active each and every week in setting their lineups, creating polls and topics of discussion, and is looking to win and not just follow their favorite players and programs.

APPLICATION FORM (mail to jimmyboeheim2000@yahoo.com)

Name ______________________

Yahoo ID / Creamer ID (if a member)______________ / ________________

Email: _________________

YIM _______________

AIM _______________

Are you willing to be a scorer?: ___ Y __ N ____

Are you willing to be a confrence commish (in the future)?: _ Y __ N _

Are you willing to be a tournament director?: ___ Y __ N ____

Are you familiar with www.bracketmaker.com? ___ Y __ N ____

College Name (ficticious) : ______________________

Nickname(ficticious) : ______________________

Colors: ______________________

Head Coach: ______________________

Stadium Name (ficticious) : ______________________

Capacity: ______________________

Question #1

How did you hear about us?

Who referred you?

Question #2

Please tell us of your past fantasy experiences. Which sports? How many years?

Do you play in over 5 leagues per sport each year?

Question #3

Will you be willing to assist the commissioner in handling adminstration

should he require it? How would you most like to help?

Question #5

If accepted, do you have the knowledge and experience necessary to

create a school logo/jersey concept for your team and would you be willing to do so?

Question #4

What schools or Universities are in your area?

Question #5

Which schools do you root for more than any others?

Which one is your favorite?

Which college did you attend (if any)?

Question #6

Who was/is your favorite collegiate player of all-time?

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Commissioner of

Yeah, I'm part of the NCFBA, I may be considered inactive but I considered my lineup of Rashad McCants, Sean May, Quemont Greer, Robert Hite, and Omar Thomas the strongest lineup for my team. I may not have ever changed my lineup, but I kept track of the league. I probably should have added Adam Morrison in closing weeks to the lineup, but I was partial to the rest of my team for some odd reason.

ANYWAYS, to the bracket, I had WF going elite 8 and that kinda busted me up. Luckily I didnt have kansas go far. GT is my champs.

Archived