Oakland Barbarians Fantasy Baseball

robbman21

This is the logo package for my newest fantasy baseball team,the Oakland Barbarians.This is actually a re-tread of another concept I did way back in 1994 for a friend of mine's fantasy baseball team.This was the only orginal concept for the whole league(the rest were take-offs of MLB teams) and the uniforms(soon to come) are somewhat similar to what I came up with back then.The logos are brand-new however and I'm showing them off EARLY this morning-4:06 am my time-to get a little C&C on them.Uniforms to come soon.Also,the peach color seen here is known as "Barbarians Flesh".As always.....ENJOY!!

Oakland Barbarians Logo Package

BarbariansLogos.gif

98Falcons.png

Not sure if Oakland has a recognizable enough skyline for a patch like that.

I kind of like the axes, though. Not a big fan of the gradient, though I understand why you used it. Also, I'm not sure if "OB" is what you would want on a logo. I could see a lot of tampon jokes being made about your squad.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

you might hate me after this, but here it goes.

Overall: Colors are very bad, they just don't fit with the name. Replace the peach with a red, blue, something that has more of a barbarian feel. darken the grey. I would also go with a font change.

Primary: get rid of the ob, or find a way to fit it in with the axes more. stylize the axes to make them the focal point of the logo. also find a way to make it flow with the back ground baseball as well. right now its just slapped on top. also you can stylize the stitches on the baseball to fit with the logo more.

Sleeve: This one is actually kinda close. I would have the ribbons follow the curves on circle. I would also turn the circle into a baseball with the skyline ala the mets logo. however the skyline doesnt look too great. usually skylines only work with picturesque skylines (new york, cincinnati, jacksonville, san fran, la, chicago, etc.....).

Alternate: Honestly, scratch it. You don't need a logo that combines all the elements of the other two logos. You could do a really cool hat logo in its place, such as a o getting split by the axe to make it dynamic.

I'm not trying to be an :censored: here, so I'm sorry if it came off that way. With some changes this can turn into a very nice set of logos.

Made some changes to the overall logo package,and after mulling over the C&C this is where I've gotten so far.I'm much much happier with this than the previous(see above)and so I present the next step.

Logos2.gif

98Falcons.png

Here's the Barbarian's uniforms.After any C&C is posted on these I'll post all of my reasons and thoughts behind the whole design:the gradient,the peach color,the "Diploma" old English font,the skyline.Enjoy!!

BarbariansUniforms.gif

98Falcons.png

sorry robb, but i dont feel this one, especially the "flesh". i would try unis and logos that are more barbarian, instead of looking all "flesh"

it has potential...

"We have nothing to fear except fear itself."

Archived