Denver Gold Domers logos

Avenger

For my fantasy baseball team, I wanted to make a logo that celebrated Denver's extensive, yet unsung baseball history. I also wanted to focus more on the city of Denver, as opposed to the whole Rocky Mountain region as most of the other sports teams do in the area.

I was doing a little reading and found that Denver's first baseball stadium would have been right across the street from our Civic Center in Downtown. The state capital is there, and it's known for it's large gold dome. I decided that it would be a cool element to design the identity around.

Here's the primary logo, along with a cap logo and an alternate logo. C&C would be appreciated.

golddomers.gif

I like what you've created here. It has a classic vintage look to it. Where's the gold within the dome though? I think if you're going to call them the "Gold Domers" you at least need to be showing some gold within the dome on the logo.

Another thing you could have used was the U.S. Treasury located in Denver. Maybe something to do with coins

utah_jazz_signature_s.jpgdenver_nuggets.gif

Utah Jazz Retired Number's

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

its no Penguinzz, but its pretty nice.

The term "Domers" seems a little odd to me. But I like the color set as well as the old timey player rendering.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Reasons for no gold in on the dome:

If I were to render the capital architechturally correct, there would be far too much detail in the logo. The old school baseball player is already a bunch of detail, so I wanted to keep the capital as a silouette.

As it stands, (at least my intent) the gold looks like the sky at dawn or dusk and the capital is darked by shadow. If I reverse the colors and make the sky black and the capital solid gold, it looks really unnatural... like a photo negative.

I know there's no literal gold dome in the rendering, but any Denverite would see the name and the silouette in the logo and know exactly what was going on.

I think it would be cool if you took the top part of the "L" in "GOLD" and turned that into a dome too. :D

#1 - Frank Layden - #7 Pete Maravich - #12 John Stockton - #14 Jeff Hornacek - #35 Darrell Griffith - #53 Mark Eaton

Retired Number's To Come

#00 The Bear (Best Mascot In NBA) - #4 Adrian Dantley - #32 Karl "The Mailman" Malone

I love the ballplayer. He looks awesome.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Dr. Kelso: My son is a big baseball fan. Not so much playing it, but more the designing and sewing of uniforms.

Tyler: That's neat.

Dr. Kelso: No, it's not.

I think it would be cool if you took the top part of the "L" in "GOLD" and turned that into a dome too. :D

That or you could take the "G" in "GOLD" and the "S" in "DOMERS" and modify them so the tops look like dome's as well.

Retired Number's To Come

Nice work Avenger. I like the simplicity of the design. It?s nice to see something that isn?t all 3D and exaggerated and beveled. I understand what people are saying about the dome not being golden, but I can look past that and see that ?Gold Domers? doesn?t need to be directly stated (as a design element) and it can just be implied (by the name). Good work. Very well done.

Reasons for no gold in on the dome:

If I were to render the capital architechturally correct, there would be far too much detail in the logo. The old school baseball player is already a bunch of detail, so I wanted to keep the capital as a silouette.

As it stands, (at least my intent) the gold looks like the sky at dawn or dusk and the capital is darked by shadow. If I reverse the colors and make the sky black and the capital solid gold, it looks really unnatural... like a photo negative.

I know there's no literal gold dome in the rendering, but any Denverite would see the name and the silouette in the logo and know exactly what was going on.

Good call on that, then. I know what you're saying about how complex it would look if you had to do the building detail.

And hell, just about any Coloradan (sp?) should know what's going on from the 'Gold Domers' part without even having to see a logo. ^_^

IUe6Hvh.png

How about taking the ball player out and then adding detail to the dome itself? :therock:

Retired Number's To Come

How about taking the ball player out and then adding detail to the dome itself? :therock:

A picture of a static building does not a baseball logo make, IMO. It would communicate nothing that I would want it to, whereas the ball player does.

Alright, but they've got to wear gold hats then, okay? B)

. . . you know, cause there's your gold dome . . .

Oooooh! They could wear some revolutionary matalic gold foam hats that are an exact replica of the Colorado capital building! :P Not only would that be neat, it would be incredibly literal! :D

Archived