Re-design?

CC97

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
redesigned....again??

no, a tweaking/modernisation -- it's more like putting new wallpaper up in your room

Go for it I say :D .

MofnV2z.png

The CCSLC's resident Geelong Cats fan.

Viva La Vida or Death And All His Friends. Sounds like something from a Rocky & Bullwinkle story arc.

TEXT based will not only make your page loads quicker but will definitely get you better Search Engine Rankings!

Text based menus or image based menus really wont effect any seo rankings. Its such a small piece to the algorythem they use. Just make sure you use alt text and you're all set. Its better to have graphics for mouse over effects..etc looks much nicer then boring old text. I can usually fit a whole site design on a floppy with tons of room to spare, when the graphics are optimized. So the download time means nothing either. Each button is usually around 1000 bytes.

Completely incorrect.

Text links are given more weight and value with SE's.

Google typically does not cache pages in excess than 100K, so having a bunch of images WILL MOST CERTAINLY affect your SEO.

As far as "It's such a small piece to the algorhythm:... Again, completely untrue... There are several variables that will affect SEO, so it is important to try and incorporate all of them (if not as many as you can) into your site structure and design... Sure one of them by themself might not seem like that big of a deal, but all of them combined will returned great results.

If you want fancy rollovers... try seeing if you can do it with DHTML through HTML, JS and CSS.

Evivid... I strongly suggest you check out www.seobook.com or www.searchenginewatch.com.

Are you two done with this pissing contest? Good grief.

Anyway, the menu shouldn't make that much of a difference when it comes to searches--the content of the site is entirely more important. However, it does impact usability and accessibility. I'd argue that text-based menus aren't necessarily ugly, just as graphic menus aren't necessarily good-looking--it's all based on how they're used, the design behind them.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Lets say all your content is about butterflys..  then you have a TEXT based link called herpes..  do you really think you'll even be in the first billion pages of search results?

All I've been trying to say is.. 

HAVING A TEXT BASED MENU OR A GRAPHIC BASED MENU WILL HAVE NO VISIBLE EFFECT ON THIS WEBSITES POSITION IN THE SEARCH ENGINE

Maybe you should stop reading peoples SEO articles and actually try some of the methods..

LOL...

I'll tell you what... you stick to your methods... I'll stick to mine... and at the end of the year, we can compare W-2's

And maybe you should create your own website instead of ripping it off of the Templates section of CoolHomePages.com

are you kidding me?

Every single one of my sites are done right from the ground up. Ive built hundreds of custom designs. Some have similar feels but thats called a style.

Post links to your sad ass work.. dont comment on my work if you dont know what you're talking about

Take the suther out of your mouth you brought this to the personal level.

I dont need to compare anything with you or your site.. Look at it.. there's no competition..

I'd compare the # of leads I get to the # of leads you get.. laff

Washington (INDEPENDENT) Baseball Web Design

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

LOL....

Looks like someone edited their post. Aww too bad...

My portfolio site is my own personal one which represents a small sample of the work I have done over the past 14 years and hasnt been updated in 2 years, cause I am too busy working for other companies...

I dont have to post a website to a company's work and say I did all this.

Well if your website is what you call from the ground up than you must have had alot of inspiration from the Philadelphia Eagles Website!

and maybe you'll take some beginner level HTML classes and learn how to format your code better!

But I dont see either of those happening any time soon!

PS... nice padding job on your "hidden" keywords....

.sm {

font-family: "Times New Roman", Times, serif;

font-size: 1px;

font-weight: lighter;

text-transform: lowercase;

color: #FFFFFF;

letter-spacing: 0pt;

word-spacing: 0pt;

position: absolute;

visibility: hidden;

z-index: auto;

overflow: hidden;