Who busted your bracket?

sacker12

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply
UConn losing like that to NC State (that game ticked me off to no end..nice no-call on that obvious charge late in the game...never knew you could drive on someone that had position by leading with your shoulder...refs must have been BC grads or something)...GRRRRR

Okay, let's get one thing straight here. I'm a little tired of everyone, not you guys particularly, but several others I have heard in the past few days, putting blame on officials because their teams got bounced. As an official at the high school and division 3 level, I know exactly how tough it can be to officiate highly skilled athletes in a high intensity situations. Let's give the officials a break.

However, that charging call was definitely missed in the Uconn/NC State game.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

UConn losing like that to NC State (that game ticked me off to no end..nice no-call on that obvious charge late in the game...never knew you could drive on someone that had position by leading with your shoulder...refs must have been BC grads or something)...GRRRRR

Okay, let's get one thing straight here. I'm a little tired of everyone, not you guys particularly, but several others I have heard in the past few days, putting blame on officials because their teams got bounced. As an official at the high school and division 3 level, I know exactly how tough it can be to officiate highly skilled athletes in a high intensity situations. Let's give the officials a break.

But the T called on Terrence Roberts for hanging on the rim was total bull. :cursing::down:

Officiating is very underappreciated. I hate it when fans blame things on an official and even worse, try to threaten him/her. A Swedish soccer referee, Anders Frisk, retired because he could no longer take the abuse, and threats from fans, particularly Chelsea fans who made death threats towards him.

Speaking of brackets, I guess the only brackets I want to deal with now are these brackets: ( and )

I saw, I came, I left.

But the T called on Terrence Roberts for hanging on the rim was total bull. :cursing::down:

Agreed! I thought I had stricken that from my memory but thanks to you....It's returned! :cursing:

That call wasn't what cost us the game so I can live with it.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

My only complaint about officiating is the extreme use of the time out call. I thought they were gonna get rid of players falling out of bounds calling a time out. Its getting rediculous. Dee Brown does it alot, so its not like it costs the Illini. But I saw one guy falling over the half court line calling a time out before an over and back, the Wake game they called a time out when they barely had possesion of the ball (end of regulation). Its not a big deal, but I just thought it wasn't gonna be allowed anymore.

Agreed! I thought I had stricken that from my memory but thanks to you....It's returned! :cursing:

That call wasn't what cost us the game so I can live with it.

Well, we could've used those two points at the end of regulation.

Blah, I don't even want to talk about it.

I still have my Final Four teams (it was hard for me to cheer for Duke [i can't stand Duke], but I had to because I have them in the championship game), but everything else is messed up. I got 6 of the final 8 teams still remaining (Wake Forest & UConn are finished). In 2 separate pools, I am 4th and 6th at this time. I'll be in good shape if Louisville beats Washington in the Regional Semifinal.

i picked Georgia Tech deeper than this, but they really haven't hosed my brackets single-handedly. Wake, Uconn, SU, et-al have really pitched in for a combined effort. Though, i imagine a lot of folks are in the same situation.

Something to consider, is that the computer-based online pickums don't take into account if you have someone going deep who is eliminated. For instance, in one I'm in, the top ranked guy today has BC winning the whole thing. Not gonna happen, so i bet he doesn't stand much of a chance. There should be some way to measure potentialities like that.

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived