sacker12

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK, my "Never Pick Again" list now reads:

* Texas

* Syracuse

* Kansas

Still, 27-5 isn't too shabby for a first round, and I've got 14 of 16 Sweet 16 teams left. No worries here - it's still early!

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

OK, my "Never Pick Again" list now reads:

* Texas

* Syracuse

* Kansas

Not a great strategy.

If you keep putting all those teams on your never to pick list....you're buund to miss some Final Four teams in the future.

Just think, if you avoided Syracuse after they lost to Richmond in 1991....you would'nt have had them in 1996 or 2003.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

I Guess I was the only person on these boards who actually picked Vermont. 

I had UVM on my "Sheet of Integrity".

Vermont was the ONE team I did not want to play in round 1 and we all know why now.

staffordsigbuffda6.jpg

Owner of

Kalamazoo Tech Kobras (Nat'l College Fant. Assc. Basketball, Football, and Hockey)

2006-07 NCFAB National Champions

2006 NCFAF Midwest Conf. Champions

Rochester Patriots (Major League Hockey - AHL Fantasy League) 2005-06 Neilson Cup Champs

Detroit Black Panthers (Xtreme Hockey League) 2005-06 Yzerman Conference Champs

Sheldon Motorsports (TRAC) - #20 Guinness Chevy & #21 UPS Chevy #44 Syracuse University Chevy

Commissioner of

MLH (Major League Hockey, an AHL Fantasy League)

TRAC (Team Racing Auto Circuit, NASCAR)

23-9 in the first round ... lost on 'Bama, LSU, Pitt, Creighton, Minnesota, Kansas, Stanford, ODU, Cyracuse and Niagara. 'Cuse really hurts because I had them in my Final Four. I figured, how could they lose if they have a regional named after them? :D

The two words that come to mind seeing that Kansas lost: I'm screwed. Man, I hate Miss. St even more now. This has not been a good day. Again. :mad:

That's the only bright side of this thing for me. As a fan, I'm 1-0 baby :D

GO BULLDOGS

Update as of 11:37 CST Saturday...

26-6 in first round. I had that many losses in the first 6 games last year, just bad luck for me.

My losses...

1) UW-Milwaukee over Alabama (only had Alabama to round 2)

2) Utah over UTEP (had UTEP to Sweet 16, stupid me)

3) NC State over Charlotte (only had Charlotte to round 2, but burned me two years in a row :cursing:)

4) Vermont over Syracuse (had Syracuse to Sweet 16, enough said)

5) Wisconsin over Northern Iowa (only had Northern Iowa to round 2, thinking that Wisconsin was not going to recover from the Big Ten final)

6) Bucknell over Kansas (had Kansas to Sweet 16, enough said. With our luck, we would end up seeing Bucknell/Wisconsin without any rooting interest.)

Overall, records by sub-regional.

Indianapolis: 4-0

Cleveland: 3-1 (Thanks West Virginia for that win.)

Boise and that strange floor: 4-0, with the UAB win. I feel better about UAB this year than last year when it ruined my bracket in the 2nd round.

Oklahoma City: 3-1, as just about everyone else.

Nashville: 4-0, but Louisville scared me. I have them in the Final 4.

Tucson: 3-1, stupid UTEP.

Charlotte: Easy 4-0.

Worcester: 2-2. If Michigan State would have lost, I would have other names for Worcester Mass. :evil: Even UConn ended up in a close game.

Be back later with round 2.

Still, 27-5 isn't too shabby for a first round, and I've got 14 of 16 Sweet 16 teams left. No worries here - it's still early!

same, now that I think about I remember about half the people in the pool i'm in picked syracuse(that's what you get from listening to the experts). In the first round I was 27-5 and had 15 of 16 sweet sixteen games left. Kansas losing acutally helped me because I had them losing to wisconsin the next round, so wisconsin will beat bucknell and I'll be right there. What needs to happen for me to win is all other final four teams need to get in.

iceohio.jpgvultshelmet.png

crossout3.png

Go Knight Go

Bobby Knight Sweet 16

aw crud! that ruined my bracket. I actually had Gonzaga going to the Final Four. Yeah, what the H-E- double hockey sticks was I thinking? :wacko:

I had 'em Elite 8... :cursing:

Sodboy13 said:
As you watch more basketball, you will learn to appreciate the difference between "defense" and "couldn't find the rim with a pair of bloodhounds and a Garmin."

meet the new page, not the same as the old page.

Go Knight Go

Bobby Knight Sweet 16

aw crud! that ruined my bracket. I actually had Gonzaga going to the Final Four. Yeah, what the H-E- double hockey sticks was I thinking? :wacko:

*raises hand* Me too. My brackets are officially toasted.

What happened? I caught part of the first half inbetween scorekeeping a couple of hockey games today, and Gonzaga looked like they were handling TT just fine.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived